Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
No

Nobody's right if everybody's wrong.
Getting into reloading to save money is like getting married for free sex.
GB1

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Run the collet pulled bullets through a Hornady bullet comparitor and check measurement of the pulled bullet from base to ogive. There can be a great difference in the bullets, deformed, depending on the the collet grip used on the bullet. This difference will result in different seating depths if the bullets are reused. Using the collet, IME, I will always break the bullet/neck/ crimp bond by seating the bullet deeper. This usually results in much less deformation, but I will always check.
I have not seen bullets deformed in using the inertia pullers.

YMMV

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Pulled 50 last week I had loaded over 20 years ago when I had an M1A. RCBS collet puller, slight crimp, stored in climate controlled area. 2 or 3 required a bit more effort than the others, but none took much. Bullets came out looking perfect. I'm pretty sure the inside of the necks had a very slight coat of Hornady Unique to ease the expander ball way back then.

Bullets will be used, powder will be used, I'll leave the primers in, retention the case necks and use them in one of my current .308s.

Life is good.

'Four legs good, two legs baaaad."
----------------------------------------------
"Jimmy, some of it's magic,
Some of it's tragic,
But I had a good life all the way."
(Jimmy Buffett)

SotG
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by Son_of_the_Gael
Pulled 50 last week I had loaded over 20 years ago when I had an M1A. RCBS collet puller, slight crimp, stored in climate controlled area. 2 or 3 required a bit more effort than the others, but none took much. Bullets came out looking perfect. I'm pretty sure the inside of the necks had a very slight coat of Hornady Unique to ease the expander ball way back then.

Bullets will be used, powder will be used, I'll leave the primers in, retention the case necks and use them in one of my current .308s.

Life is good.

Yep, that's where I stand on it. Especially with hunting bullets. Some really thin jacket match bullets, may give issues, but the OP said they are interlocks. He should be just fine IME.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

530 members (007FJ, 01Foreman400, 10ring1, 1234, 10gaugeman, 10gaugemag, 65 invisible), 2,397 guests, and 1,387 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,162
Posts18,484,397
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.