Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
B
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Sweet looking semi custom 7mm08 at a Cabela's I used to frequent a lot when I lived in Oregon. Giving up one of my honey holes here...

Check this 7mm08 out

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
GB1

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Ok, fess up, who bought it?

It was for sale a while back, disappeared, then came back within the week.

Nice stock and what may be Williams bottom metal.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Hmmm. That is weird. I was thinking about calling them to see if they still have it. Was it located in Tuallatin when you saw it the first time? The thing about Oregon right now, is the waiting line. They are at around 50,000 people waiting to go through the background check because of that stupid bill they tried to pass there. Some guys are saying f this schidt and canceling and getting their money back, since they don't want to wait for months to get their firearms. Some shops are letting people take their firearms after a 10 day wait, but that is not every shop. Just what I've heard from some of my buddies down there. They used to pass the ones through that had concealed carry licenses really fast, but now it does not matter. They are put in the line, just like everyone else now..

I just checked now and it says "SOLD"!!!! Did someone here buy it? I was going to have it sent to the Cabela's in Reno.

I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.

BSA MAGA
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
I called over a week ago and it was sold. They are always late to update

American Rifles and Italian Shotguns
B
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by Model70Fan
I called over a week ago and it was sold. They are always late to update

Ok, thanks buddy. I think someone got a hell of a good deal. If anyone here bought it, let us know how it does for you. I had a very nice classic fwt 7mm-08, but sold it because my Tikka out shot it by a long margin. I know, accuracy doesn't always have to be the straw that broke the camels back, but when one shoots 1/2" and the other is a solid 1 1/2" shooter, one gets sent down the road.. I'm working with an old mauser right now that I think will give some of my Tikka's and winchester model 70's a run for their money. That is always a good thing. This 7mm-08 sure is a beauty though. I wish I would have seen it sooner!!!

BSA MAGA
IC B2

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
I agree; I think it represented a lot of gun for the money.

I
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I
I had it on hold initially but after further discussion with two separate employees they stated that it was reblued.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by Indygncc
I had it on hold initially but after further discussion with two separate employees they stated that it was reblued.

I'm sorry, but that is one of the dumbest things I've read here for a while..

BSA MAGA
I
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by Indygncc

I'm sorry, but that is one of the dumbest things I've read here for a while..

My IQ must be dropping by the second 🤷🏻‍♂️

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
So you’re the reason I didn’t get to buy it lol. I called the day it got put on

American Rifles and Italian Shotguns
IC B3

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
It was in the Omaha store initially. Someone must have ordered it and it was shipped west and then that customer wasn’t happy with it and it was relisted. I was able to handle it while it was in the Omaha library. It was nice, but it appeared to have a sling stud hole near the toe that was filled. I can’t remember what else I didn’t like about it, but it sure looked nice from a distance.

Give me land, lots of land, under starry skies above. Don't fence me in.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by backtobethel
It was in the Omaha store initially. Someone must have ordered it and it was shipped west and then that customer wasn’t happy with it and it was relisted. I was able to handle it while it was in the Omaha library. It was nice, but it appeared to have a sling stud hole near the toe that was filled. I can’t remember what else I didn’t like about it, but it sure looked nice from a distance.
Thanks for the first hand report. Do you recall if it looked reblued?

T
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
T
Curious, it's a "custom", why would it being reblued make any difference? To my eyes it looks to be a matte/rust blue rather than the high polished factory finish. What was the price?

Charter Member
Ancient order of the 1895 Winchester

"It's an insecure and petite man who demands all others like what he likes and dislike what he dislikes."
szihn

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by tmitch
Curious, it's a "custom", why would it being reblued make any difference? To my eyes it looks to be a matte/rust blue rather than the high polished factory finish. What was the price?

Not sure it would; just a curiosity question on my part based on the pictures and what a poster stated the cabela’s folks told him. It looked to just be a factory barreled action with a aftermarket stock and bm. Could have been coated too. 🤷‍♂️
Price was just under $1400.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

552 members (10gaugemag, 007FJ, 1234, 12344mag, 16gage, 10Glocks, 52 invisible), 2,541 guests, and 1,352 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,460
Posts18,471,276
Members73,934
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.