Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 11 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 10 11
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck
Show me anything in my post disuading the fight?

You tell of putting forth great effort on the legislative side.
You should understand the importance of diligence, of not allowing these
[bleep] to happen.

Never said you were agin the fight. Diligence is mandatory in it, but so is standing up to testify, in the right places and at the correct times.

I apologize if my comment seemed derogatory of you, it was not meant to be. My retort was not personal, but an indictment of the greater "People" at large who should be involved now, but are not. My reference was to a subset of the People who showed far more initiative, who pledged their lives, their fortunes and their sacred honor for rights we toss away because we are lazy. I guess I let my mind overload my azz there, the comment was not aimed specifically at you.

You spoke of my legislative efforts, most times I am one person in a committee room full of Moms Demand Action opponents (have to figure in the State Actors as well, Department of Safety, the Sheriff's Association, Tennessee Bureau of Investigation, Chiefs of Police Assc., all a bunch of my tax payer funded lobbyist working against Liberty and 2nd) so I can only respond form a place of history and what I know to be facts. Most sit on their hands and do nothing but carp. Not to ape Ol Mike (because it rankles me every time I read his sig line, mainly because it is true) but the couch is normally the dais most expound from.

I was nearly fired for my political actions on behalf of the quest for regaining the rights to arms as originally promised in our Tennessee Constitution. I was using my vacation to go to Nashville and walk the halls, the owner of my firm and an ex governor were good friends and as I had some rather pointed things to say about his efforts to deny our rights, I was basically told to chose my job or politics as an avocation, but that I could not do both. As I had to have the insurance for my wife's kidney disease, I was quelled for a while openly, now that I am on Medicare they have lost that cudgel and it is me that gets to say "I don't have to work here any more" instead of the inverse...

If every person who has a hunting license, or shoots skeet or trap or carries a handgun for personal protection would show their butts up to be "diligent" in the quest for a return to the rights actually enumerated in our Constitutions, it would scare the living crap out of these posers we have as legislators. But as of now, it is a lonely trek I take.

I will get off my high horse and my soap box now. Again, I was not pointing my comment at you Dillonbuck, I was not clear.

To preserve liberty it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them.-Richard Henry Lee

Endowment Member NRA, Life Member SAF-GOA, Life-Board Member, West TN Director TFA

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 10gaugemag
Originally Posted by Tyrone
Whatever.

Marijuana legalization is going to result in a wave of psychosis as more people begin to use it.

As if kids today weren't nutty enough from being isolated and on their phones 24/7.
The Marijuana isn't as bad as half of the Rx drugs already being used.

About like saying guns are legal so crime is going to skyrocket.

Depends on what else is "cut" with it. Fentanyl is appearing in it. PcP back in the 80s. So yes marijuana as a plant could be argued ok/safer, but people choose to manipulate it with other crap to get the best high.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
It is super important that our Rulers control every aspect of our lives to keep us safe from everything...

We need a chit-ton more Rules passed by our Rulers...

Right?

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by CashisKing
It is super important that our Rulers control every aspect of our lives to keep us safe from everything...

Right?
Cash, I get you.
I don't particularly like Federal drugs laws, but I know from whence they came. Personally, I prefer more subsidiarity. For instance, if locals get pissed about drug dealers, they should be allowed extra-judicial action. Don't like a dispensary in your neighborhood? You should be able to do something about it.

Politics is War by Other Means
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Hunter Biden......

IC B2

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S

Right?
Cash, I get you.
I don't particularly like Federal drugs laws, but I know from whence they came. Personally, I prefer more subsidiarity. For instance, if locals get pissed about drug dealers, they should be allowed extra-judicial action. Don't like a dispensary in your neighborhood? You should be able to do something about it.

You can. Towns and municipalities here could and still can opt out. Many did.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by worriedman
Originally Posted by smokepole
Ineligible to possess a firearm? I don't think so. Maybe ineligible to carry in public.
Or purchase or receive a transfer...
Your Form 4473:
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

You do know the difference between legal use of a pescription drug, and unlawful use or addiction, right?
I do and if you are a habitual user of a controlled substance you are precluded, just as you can not operate a motor vehicle "under the influence". If you are an habitual user of a scheduled narcotic how do you answer that question? If you say you are legal and it is found out you are addicted in some DAs mind where are you then?

So you are forced to use a firearm to protect yourself or someone you are responsible for, and the good kid just trying to get through rap school's attorney finds you were on a prescription med that is on that list. In the right place that will be a problem at trial.

The fact is, none of that was in place in 1791 and all if it is made up out of whole cloth. Delke case in Nashville, a cop chasing a fleeing felon with a gun, got charged with murder and had to take a plea to get out from under the chance of spending a life time in jail.

Because it right does not mean a Soros DA will not put you in prison for it.

Let's go back to your quote that I took issue with, here it is:

What is missed in most cases, if you are using a scheduled prescription drug (opioids, or now days gabapentin even), you put yourself at risk of being ineligible to possess a firearm. It is a tool that LE and government can use if they so desire, the fact is, it is unconstitutional.

According to your logic, an otherwise law-abiding citizen who has minor surgery and gets a one-time prescription for opioid pain killers risks being inelegible to possess a firearm.

That's just not true. Period.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Miss

According to your logic, an otherwise law-abiding citizen who has minor surgery and gets a one-time prescription for opioid pain killers risks being inelegible to possess a firearm.

That's just not true. Period.
Miss the part where I said "habitual" or where if you got tested after a self defense incident and you had them in your system? The question was how a DA would look at an answer on a 4473, knowing a person under Dr.'s care habitually used a controlled substance.

Never said anything about a one time prescription, I said habitual use. There is difference and I pointed out my surmise, but you go right ahead.

I come at this issue from my Dr, telling me to stop using Gabapentin as it has become a controlled substance that he prescribed to me for nerve pain. Evidently the folks who find a way to purchase or steal opioids all the time use it now as an accelerator for the "high they seek and so it has been relabeled. He told me I needed to stop taking it as the habitual use could be construed as a violation when I filled out new 4473's which he knows I do regularly.

None of this is constitutional, it is all control oriented as there were no rules of this type in 1791.

Last edited by worriedman; 02/06/23.

To preserve liberty it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them.-Richard Henry Lee

Endowment Member NRA, Life Member SAF-GOA, Life-Board Member, West TN Director TFA
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by JeffP
But it doesn’t stop the gvt from prohibiting a felon from owning a gun. Depending on circumstances Marijuana charges can be a felony....

Or am I missing something?
It can be a felony only after conviction, no?

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Miss the part where I said "habitual" or where if you got tested after a self defense incident and you had them in your system? The question was how a DA would look at an answer on a 4473, knowing a person under Dr.'s care habitually used a controlled substance.

Never said anything about a one time prescription, I said habitual use. .

Bullsh*t.

Here's your quote, verbatim. Show me the word "habitual" anywhere in it:

What is missed in most cases, if you are using a scheduled prescription drug (opioids, or now days gabapentin even), you put yourself at risk of being ineligible to possess a firearm. It is a tool that LE and government can use if they so desire, the fact is, it is unconstitutional.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger

Right?
Cash, I get you.
A dispensary and a drug dealer are 2 different things.

The last time that bear ate a lawyer he had the runs for 33 days!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Right?
Cash, I get you.
Not if it's recreational.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Esox357
Whatever.

Marijuana legalization is going to result in a wave of psychosis as more people begin to use it.

As if kids today weren't nutty enough from being isolated and on their phones 24/7.
The Marijuana isn't as bad as half of the Rx drugs already being used.

About like saying guns are legal so crime is going to skyrocket.

Depends on what else is "cut" with it. Fentanyl is appearing in it. PcP back in the 80s. So yes marijuana as a plant could be argued ok/safer, but people choose to manipulate it with other crap to get the best high.
I get that. This legal weed will have none of that.

The deal with possession of firearms and Marijuana is, at least I bet, is the marujuana you have will have to be from a dispensary if you want to stay within the laws. All documented and regulated, not marijuana picked up at some guys house and packed in a sandwich bag.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger

Right?
Cash, I get you.
Recreational versus??

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
This thread hasn't disappointed! Lol

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
A little impairment never hurt anyone.

You should up your game if you cant function pretty well while impaired.

HA, that was my motto for years before I learned better.................

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Right?
Cash, I get you.
Could a Baptist community, or LDS, take extra judicial action against a neighborhood liquor store???

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
If we truly cared about drugs we’d be executing those smuggling fentanyl, drone striking their compounds in shîteating MX, and making Beijing into gen Tso flavored glass.

Short of that get used to the status quo.

MAGA
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Could a Baptist community, or LDS, take extra judicial action against a neighborhood liquor store???
There you go again, conflating pot with alcohol.

If you think alcohol is bad, why do you want to add to the misery?

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
If we truly cared about drugs we’d be executing those smuggling fentanyl, drone striking their compounds in shîteating MX, and making Beijing into gen Tso flavored glass.

Short of that get used to the status quo.

Or teach our kids drugs are bad. Weird idea, not having gov tell them what to do...

Page 6 of 11 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

111 members (10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 1eyedmule, 300_savage, 007FJ, 1_deuce, 13 invisible), 1,609 guests, and 978 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,082
Posts18,501,642
Members73,987
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.