Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by czech1022
This is exactly the source of my frustration. No one, and I mean NO ONE, does a review of electronic scales that tests their reliability. There is no way to ensure against drift unless you re-zero every use - that means weigh your powder charge, dump the powder, re-zero...weigh your charge, dump the powder, re-zero...over and over and over.

As well, you'll find that some will 'stack' discrepancies until the total of the discrepancies 'stacked' finally displays as a whole unit on the next weigh. And size and money don't always correlate to a better product in terms of accuracy and repeatability. This little Jennings JSVG20 is a prime example of that. When checked against a lab quality beam scale, it's dead on every time. I use it mostly for weighing lube for bullet jackets when seating cores and pointing where the lube amount is critical and is measured in .1 gr./100 jackets.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Good shootin' -Al

Forbidden Zoner
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I've kept a beam scale on the back of the bench "just in Case" and still have it. Then I bought an electronic scale - el cheapo - that has worked well for many years - no longer on the market. Last year, I bought a Lyman Gen 6. I've sent that in three times for repair. but it works good. I was looking for a RCBS Charge Master and I couldn't find one, so I bought the Lyman. If you buy a Lyman KEEP THE SALES RECEIPT! The warranty is void unless you have the sales receipt.

I kept my powder measure and electronic scale (just in case) and I'm glad I did!

When the Gen 6 is working, it cuts way down on the reloading time! I'm sure the RCBS version does too. If you shoot prairie dogs or shoot in competition, I highly recommend getting an automatic measure/scale. When I go PD shooting, I'll bring a 1,000 rounds easy. I no longer shoot much in competition but would if it wasn't a day's drive to get to one.

The electronic scale is a major step up from beam. The automated measure and scale is a major step up from the measure and electronic scale, IMO.

Last edited by Bugger; 02/08/23.

I prefer classic.
Semper Fi
I used to run with the hare. Now I'm envious of the tortoise and I do my own stunts but rarely intentionally
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
This is my set up for handguns. I use a Chargemaster for rifles. Hasbeen

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

hasbeen
(Better a has been than a never was!)

NRA Patron member
Try to live your life where the preacher doesn't have to lie at your funeral
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

113 members (44mc, 7887mm08, 2500HD, 35, Akhutr, 17 invisible), 1,620 guests, and 961 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,628
Posts18,492,946
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.