Hop To
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
C
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by Dave_Spn
Jesus Christ people. Here is the link for PILT (Payment in Lieu of Taxes) that the Federal goverment pays out. On this link you can search by state/fiscal year etc, to see how much in payments they've made.

https://pilt.doi.gov/counties.cfm

I know... I quoted it above...

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
In the area I live in we have USFS, Mo dept of consv. ,US park service,US corps of Engineers, Lots of Untaxed gov acres, Years back we had a school superintendant, who took on USFS, and got them to pay some percentage of real estate tax, as they are one of the largest land owners in the county, Some counties in missouri qualify but most do not,, I think this was Shannon co,

I AM AMERICA!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by CashisKing
Spoke with the Treasurer of my local county to confirm...

.GOV pays no taxes

They use our local roads, water, sewer, schools et al...

Most .GOV operates as a Buisness.

USCG here has barracks for their employees... The employees use our local roads, water, sewer, schools et al...

The National Park Service charges a fee to visit... That is a business for sure.

They occupy local land of extremely high value and pay zero for it... while the rest of us... Business or Private... are saddled with EVER INCREASING PROPERTY TAXES.
That's not true. The feds pay PILT to each state with federal land which goes to the counties and towns.
PILT

β€œIn a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
C
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
C
If I pay $500 an acre...

And .GOV pays (PILT) a nickle...

You do not see a problem?

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

C
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
C
Run the damn math...

.GOV holds the finest Real Estate in America and locals get dicked.

IC B2

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Run the damn math...

Dummy, your math and ability to talk out of your ass is on par with Wyoming's governor.

PILT pays significantly better...click the link and educate yourself.

marton

Last edited by BuzzH; 02/07/23.
C
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
C
Run your PILT on this one...

Link

Then run it AGAIN once it is locally owned by a citizen...

... and not Uncle Fugging Sugar.

Point being... fair is fair...

If Uncle Sugar paid FAIR TAXES... local Real Estate Taxes would be much lower on citizens.

C
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by BuzzH
Run the damn math...

Dummy, your math and ability to talk out of your ass is on par with Wyoming's governor.

marton

$2.67 an acre (PILT) is a direct quote from your link...

Do you pay more than $2.67 an acre?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

.GOV pays no taxes

USCG here has barracks for their employees... The employees use our local roads, water, sewer, schools et al...

The National Park Service charges a fee to visit... That is a business for sure.

They occupy local land of extremely high value and pay zero for it... while the rest of us... Business or Private... are saddled with EVER INCREASING PROPERTY TAXES.
Those government employees do pay sales tax and gasoline taxes and would probably not be adding to the local economy if there wasn't a military post close buy. It's my understanding that Iowa with very little military presence pays $1 in federal taxes and gets 90 cents back. Folks like you probably get $1 for every $1 in taxes because you have a military post close by.

Now "non profit" hospitals. That's a real beef with me.

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Run your PILT on this one...

Link

Then run it AGAIN once it is locally owned by a citizen...

... and not Uncle Fugging Sugar.

Point being... fair is fair...

If Uncle Sugar paid FAIR TAXES... local Real Estate Taxes would be much lower on citizens.
You have much more faith that taxes wouldn't remain the same than I do, even if your argument of fair taxes came true.

IC B3

C
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
C
If I owned a 1,000 acre spread in the Yellowstone valley... I would be happy to pay ONLY $2,670 a year.

More dummy math I reckon.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Dave_Spn

.GOV pays no taxes

https://www.doi.gov/pilt

Woot... Woot... " PILT payments totaling $549.4 million"

52,110,996.53 acres in National Parks...

That comes out to $0.11 per acre...

A 100 acre spread in Colorado pays more or less than $11 a year?

Anyone help me out here?

1,000 acre spread would be only $110?

Yeah, PILT is a joke.

But it allows counties with large areas of public land to have a semblance of county government. Without it, I doubt they'd even have jails, police or emergency services.

It's BS.

Molɔ̀ːn LabΓ© SkΓ½la!
C
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
C
PILT is a pittance of value...

Bread crumbs to the locals.

Pure CRAP

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Run the damn math...

marton

Martons were paying 31 cents an acre...is $2.67 an acre in pilt more or less per acre than what they were paying?

If I owned the Marton ranch I would be paying 31 cents an acre, which is less than PILT.

Any more math problems I can help you with?

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
[quote=CashisKing]PILT is a pittance of value...

Bread crumbs to the locals.

Pure CRAP[/quote

Then ag taxes arent even bread crumbs to the locals...31 cents an acre won't pay for a lightbulb in a street lamp.

Pure bullchit.

Oh, and Natrona county receives about 4 million a year in pilt funding...pretty big pile of bread crumbs.

Last edited by BuzzH; 02/07/23.
C
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
C
Run the damn math...

marton

Martons were paying 31 cents an acre...is $2.67 an acre in pilt more or less per acre than what they were paying?

If I owned the Marton ranch I would be paying 31 cents an acre, which is less than PILT.

Any more math problems I can help you with?

NEITHER NUMBER IS VALID... THAT IS THE POINT

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Cash, I've had a front row seat for a few base closures, worked on the EISs and cleanup of BRAC bases. Both of those processes have a lot of public meetings and public involvement. Not a single community has said "that's right, get your feeloading asses out of here and give us the land back." It's the opposite:

https://apps.dtic.mil/sti/citations/ADA435331

I grew up next to Ft Belvoir, knew several families who's main breadwinner had a job on post. Go to any military base and watch the stream of civilian employees pouring throught the gate in the morning. Every one of those respresents a person with a job who can buy a house, pay property taxes, shop in local stores, and eat in local restaurants. If you own a construxtion company, you built some of the houses they live in. If you own a roofing company, you've re-roofed some of those houses. And those jobs wouldn't exist without the base.

In Colorado we have a big tourist economy. Just the top three tourist activites (skiing, hunting, fishing) contribute about $4 1/2 billion a year to the state economy. All of the ski resorts are on national forest land and almost all the hunting and fishing is on public land. Take that away and all of the businesses that support all of those visitors evaporate.

Federal property can be a burden but in most cases, especially military bases they're not a burden, they're an economic engine.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

C
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
C
Then ag taxes arent even bread crumbs to the locals...31 cents an acre won't pay for a lightbulb in a street lamp.

Pure bullchit.

Agree...

C
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by smokepole
Cash, I've had a front row seat for a few base closures, worked on the EISs and cleanup of BRAC bases. Both of those processes have a lot of public meetings and public involvement. Not a single community has said "that's right, get your feeloading asses out of here and give us the land back." It's the opposite:

https://apps.dtic.mil/sti/citations/ADA435331

I grew up next to Ft Belvoir, knew several families who's main breadwinner had a job on post. Go to any military base and watch the stream of civilian employees pouring throught the gate in the morning. Every one of those respresents a person with a job who can buy a house, pay property taxes, shop in local stores, and eat in local restaurants. If you own a construxtion comapny, you built some of the houses they live in. If you own a roofing company, you;ve re-roofed some of those houses. And those jobs wouldn't exist without the base.

In Colorado we have a big tourist economy. Just the top three tourist activites (skiing, hunting, fishing) contribute about $4 1/2 billion a year to the state economy. All of the ski resorts are on national forest land and almost all the hunting and fishing is on public land. Take that away and all of the businesses that support all of those visitors evaporate.

Fedearl property can be a burden but in most cases, especially military bases are economic engines.

I am not asking any bases to close... or stay open... That is logistic and strategic decision making.

What I am saying is that if Uncle Suger pays his fair share to local... Local real estate taxes will be less for all citizens and businesses.

If Uncle Sugar pays $1 an acre... and I pay $1,000 per acre... the assumption is that I get $999 of benefit by having Sugar as my neighbor.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B

Pure bullchit.

Agree...

The citizens of Natrona county are better off with the feds owning the Marton ranch...about 8.5 times better off just from a tax value standpoint. Now factor in the increased outdoor recreational value of 35k additional acres from hunting, fishing, camping, etc...

It's a no brainer.

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

130 members (44automag, 1_deuce, 30Gibbs, 300_savage, 444Matt, 23 invisible), 1,498 guests, and 1,005 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,747
Posts18,495,208
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.