Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile-hoping it will eat him last.

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by rost495
Originally Posted by Bluedreaux
My use of the AR is strictly and unapologetically martial.

To think the Left will leave you alone because the targets you shoot are circles is not only naive, it’s embarrassing.
Not sure anyone could be that stupid to assume that.

Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
but the more we talk about what is acceptable and what target is acceptable to shoot at, that may further the agenda of the left wing gun grabbing group. A lot of us aren't shooting steel silhouettes of deer and elk. There's always a lot of talk about "torso" sized targets. I get it, some of you train that way. But then you are basically giving them what they want.

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
Tyrone Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Rules and such. BUT... all I ask is go measure the width of the 10 ring. One side or the other. Just measure it. Its tiny compared to the X. Half the width. When you realize how tiny the 10 ring really is, you realize you should be shooting Xs all the time or have a reason to be in the ten ring. It gives very little room for error.
I totally agree with you when you put it that way.

The thing about the accuracy is we talk often only about how the gun will shoot. But what about wind and missing the call. What about mirage moving bullet impact? Lots dont know that mirage is a totally separate impact factor than what wind does. What about shooter wobble. Heck I've been in the pits enough to know that on windy days the targets even move around some.
Agree too. I've lost more points to those than I care to ponder. And add to that, with iron sights - light changes. With a bright sun shining from just due left or right on the front post, I'd get impact changes of up to 4 MOA. Admittedly, my light sensitivity isn't on the "immune" side of the bell curve. Shadows on the target while shooting from the light messed me up horribly too. It was so bad, I took up dry firing in near darkness.

Politics is War by Other Means
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by Tyrone
Rules and such. BUT... all I ask is go measure the width of the 10 ring. One side or the other. Just measure it. Its tiny compared to the X. Half the width. When you realize how tiny the 10 ring really is, you realize you should be shooting Xs all the time or have a reason to be in the ten ring. It gives very little room for error.
I totally agree with you when you put it that way.

The thing about the accuracy is we talk often only about how the gun will shoot. But what about wind and missing the call. What about mirage moving bullet impact? Lots dont know that mirage is a totally separate impact factor than what wind does. What about shooter wobble. Heck I've been in the pits enough to know that on windy days the targets even move around some.
Agree too. I've lost more points to those than I care to ponder. And add to that, with iron sights - light changes. With a bright sun shining from just due left or right on the front post, I'd get impact changes of up to 4 MOA. Admittedly, my light sensitivity isn't on the "immune" side of the bell curve. Shadows on the target while shooting from the light messed me up horribly too. It was so bad, I took up dry firing in near darkness.

Interestingly enough, and its obviously variable from one to another. Irons and light. I never could see an obvious difference laterally. Vertically I could.

But then when playing with it and a scope, you can visually see what the light is doing and how its playing with your eyes.

So many things out there. So many reasons for the most accurate gun and load you can muster without wasting too much effort.

To me I tested ammo only at 300 and 600. 300 the goal was 2 inch or less round 10 shot groups. Prefer to get closer to 1.5 inch but it was not that easy. 600 I was initially testing 5 shot groups and the goal there was to have 3 inch 5 shot groups. Usually not that hard to get to with a tiny bit of tweaking. And then would take the last variables and make 10 shot test groups and shoot them slung up in matches. Even if local ones DSQ me I'd shoot a sighter and 10 and same. And plot groups and pick from what the plots were telling me was best. Group size done that way often wasn't that impressive, but it was realistic when you add in all the variables.

I've shot optics a few times. Wondered how it would be. And it wasn't bad. Just ignore all the extra wobble you see and as long as its all inside the given, keep pressing.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
A
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by Bluedreaux
My use of the AR is strictly and unapologetically martial.

To think the Left will leave you alone because the targets you shoot are circles is not only naive, it’s embarrassing.

If it was all about shooting torso sized silhouettes, I can get by with a fu cking SKS. You are not a precision shooter. You have proven that over and over, but you can carry on. I could care less. Maybe you can go and start another pistol thread? I'll be sure not to shoot on that one, because I hate to hear you cry...

The clown show continues……

IC B2

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

444 members (10ring1, 1lessdog, 1lesfox, 10gaugemag, 17CalFan, 12344mag, 55 invisible), 2,570 guests, and 1,187 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,366
Posts18,488,173
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.