Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Have been to BC several times. Rifle competition, camping, fishing, just popping around enjoying the place.

In 2017 I decided to drive through BC & Yukon to Alaska, hunt there and drive back. Breathtaking scenery and all sorts of good people along the way!

A couple of grizzlies too. smile

I was pleased that it was so easy to get a permit to travel through Canada with my rifle. The only hassle I had with the rifle was coming back into the US, with an over-zealous USA border person. That was pretty easily dealt with, using a bit of humor and patience and being on good terms with her supervisor.

Canada eh? You bet we'll be back!

Regards, Guy

GB1

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Lately, I've been using the cost of a Canada Moose hunt to justify why I just go back to Africa...

Thanks Canada!

It's you and the bullet, and all the rest is secondary.
673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Puddle
Lately, I've been using the cost of a Canada Moose hunt to justify why I just go back to Africa...

Thanks Canada!
The guiding and outfitting has really taken a direct hit because of the mandates. It had to do with transferring control of a resource, rather than health.

V
Vek Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
V
I've only had a car keyed once, and that was on a Christmastime trip to central Alberta to visit relatives. Can't remember if there was some sort of timber or oil trade issue afoot, but we were conspicuously the only yankees in that neck of the woods that time of year.

Dad got an "oh, sorry (pronounced "sorey")" from some douche-age (early 30s) private anglers at the dock on vancouver island when they dropped our salmon scale into the drink, that they asked to borrow. No offer to make right. Haven't seen similar behavior from guide outfits as they know their customer base and the origin of their fish!

Canadian border patrol will ignore your truck-and-trailer full of personal effects if transporting firearms. Go in, complete the paperwork, get back underway, and not a word about the rest. Sampling of two instances.

I don't put the average Canuck on any sort of behavioral pedestal. Like their counterparts south of the line, there are more good than bad.

Y
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Y
luckily most canadians wont change their mind based on the op and will welcome any visiting coming from usa like the usa people are doing when we re there ...

IC B2

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I've crossed many times, I was married to a gal from Regina. I had way more bad experiences with US border people than with the Canadian ones. The US side were jerks.

MOLON LABE
M
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
M
Originally Posted by blanket
Canada has not been US friends since the 1990's why should we support

You gotta do what you gotta pal.

Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
With one notable exception, I have found our Canuck neighbors to be polite, friendly, and helpful.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
Also, many dislike? their government lackeys as much as we dislike ours.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Originally Posted by ironbender
With one notable exception, I have found our Canuck neighbors to be polite, friendly, and helpful.
WTF?! I said I'm sorry!

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by kolofardos
WTF?! I said I'm sorry!

kolofardos;

laugh laugh laugh laugh

And... well....

You should be!

Likely.

Maybe.....

laugh laugh laugh

Thanks for the laugh sir.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
I can understand the frustration and over the past several years it’s only gotten more frustrating but I’ve always liked and respected the “native” Canadian, not the newly minted just off the boat ones. The Canadian government is definitely a collection of screwball liberals but so is our government! Canada doesn’t beat the USA in stupid ideas and gross abuse of our rights, unfortunately both our countries are suffering from political ineptitude, corruption and “wokeness”.

My fondness for my northern neighbor has been built over a lifetime of visiting and interacting with Canadians. They’re always polite, helpful and fun to hang with so I won’t let these impotent and useless politicians of either country blur the lines between government and The People.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by boatammo
I've crossed many times, I was married to a gal from Regina. I had way more bad experiences with US border people than with the Canadian ones. The US side were jerks.

Without a doubt. I had one cock sucker Philippino US border guard give me attitude when I wanted to come back into the US. I asked him when he got off the boat and told him he needed to learn English better which he didn’t like and I didn’t GAF since he can’t prevent me, a US citizen, from lawfully entering my country. We had words and I told him what I thought of his affirmative action job and a short comment about how annoying it is having some little brown guy that can’t speak English try to Jack up a REAL citizen of this country. It ended with a fu.ck you and a middle finger after he determined that we were 100% in compliance and he was impotent to prevent us from coming home despite our not kissing his little brown ass. 😂 The 3 of us in the truck were returning from a week of fishing on V.I BC and that interaction with the US border douche was the first negative interaction we’d had all week and I made a point of letting him know that as well.

The Canadian border guards have always been nice people.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by AcesNeights

Without a doubt. I had one cock sucker Philippino US border guard give me attitude when I wanted to come back into the US. I asked him when he got off the boat and told him he needed to learn English better which he didn’t like and I didn’t GAF since he can’t prevent me, a US citizen, from lawfully entering my country. We had words and I told him what I thought of his affirmative action job and a short comment about how annoying it is having some little brown guy that can’t speak English try to Jack up a REAL citizen of this country. It ended with a fu.ck you and a middle finger after he determined that we were 100% in compliance and he was impotent to prevent us from coming home despite our not kissing his little brown ass. 😂 The 3 of us in the truck were returning from a week of fishing on V.I BC and that interaction with the US border douche was the first negative interaction we’d had all week and I made a point of letting him know that as well.

Good afternoon AcesNeights, I trust you are doing great!

That surprises me Philippino's are typically pretty nice at Tim Hortons when they serve me coffee lol.

KB

Last edited by KillerBee; 02/22/23.

KB

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Lol. I’ve never had much luck with that group and I’ve come to the conclusion that by and large they comprise the worst of the Asian DNA and the worst of the Spanish/Portuguese DNA. I’ve been exposed to enough of them to be comfortable in my opinion. 😀

You have more trust and faith in them than I do my friend, my wife makes my coffee. 😀

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I make my own as well every morning, cant imaging waking up without a coffee!

Honestly, Tim Hortons is over rated, I prefer McDonalds, way better and costs less.

KB

Last edited by KillerBee; 02/22/23.

KB

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
Originally Posted by BC30cal
markopolo50;
Good morning to you, I trust it's morning already out in Michigan - still dark here in southern BC - and that you're well.

There was up until a few days ago an amendment to the Liberal/NDP/Green/BQ supported firearm bill C21 which laid the groundwork to ban at least half of the firearms in Canada immediately and then the rest through the use of the term "variant".

Included in the immediate bans were Weatherby Mk V, Christenson Arms, Ruger No 1, Brazilian Mauser, Mauser sporter and the list went on for 378 pages.

This was an amendment to a bill that has essentially banned all handguns and most semi auto center fire rifles.

We - hopefully we anyways - but a bunch of us Canadians through our gun rights groups mounted a letter writing, social media and public information campaign that might have made them blink - for now.

They want no firearms in the hands of any of us.

We'll see.

I'm cognizant that's not an answer, but that's where we're at as of today.

All the best regardless of the interesting times we find ourselves in.

Dwayne

The pure absurdity of banning the Weatherby Mark V bolt action rifles is comical if it didn't effect me. The logic make zero sense as with most things the liberal F's do.

Just this past November I hunted in Sask with my .300 Wby Mark V. It is my favorite rifle for things bigger than Whitetail Pronghorn. And my favorite plains game rifle in Africa. When I go back to Canada I will not be allowed to bring that rifle.

So now I have to use my Win Model 70 in 30-06 or buy another 300 Wby that is built on a Rem 700 or Win 70 action. It's just dumb

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
Originally Posted by AcesNeights

Isn't it weird how they still want to have a border on the north side of the country but pretend we don't have one on the south side???

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
It is incredible to me that the effort the puffed up little guys on our side of the northern border to pretend they’re doing something while the southern border is wide open. Then some brown clown wants to try to give me crap trying to come into my native country while he’s still taking ESL classes at night? Not gonna play…

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
To me the thing is, on either side, they have the authority, I have little.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Page 3 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

570 members (007FJ, 1Longbow, 12344mag, 16penny, 02bfishn, 1minute, 62 invisible), 2,485 guests, and 1,302 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,440
Posts18,470,877
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.