Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Cain't get that at Academy!

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by Bay1975
A model 70 looks exactly like what you gun choppers are trying to make lol. Dumbasses spending 300$ for a 3 position saftey so they can chop a Mauser to look like a m70? Just so the ol 3x9 tasco will mount? If you don’t see your chopping and bindo-ing to make a lookalike m70 your probably too stupid to know how to use the ignore function.

Ima label you as stupid

Ignore you ? Why ? Morons are always good for a laugh.

Old Corps

Semper Fi

FJB
N
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
N
You clods are missing the point.

Grind down the receiver, cut off the bolt handle, get new bottom metal, change the barrel, get a plastic or big chunky after market stock drill it for your tasco 3x9. What is the point of calling it a Mauser lol. You just spent $3000 dollars to build a $450 academy special. Let me guess you did all the work yourself, well now you have a $175 dollar pawn shop special lol.

My Clayton Nelson 7x57 disagrees with you.

“Factio democratica delenda est"
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Some people like to get their post count up by just being themselves - [bleep].

I prefer classic.
Semper Fi
I used to run with the hare. Now I'm envious of the tortoise and I do my own stunts but rarely intentionally
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
hanco;
Good afternoon to you sir, I hope you're seeing the sun down in your section of Texas too and you're well.

Thanks for sharing the photos of that fine looking firearm.

If you're inclined, I'd be interested in knowing any history you'd care to share?

The cheek piece looks sort of Teutonic or possibly British but the rest of the stock is definitely what I'd call American Classic.

Then they put the barrel band swivel on it and put the rear swivel a wee bit further forward than some Classics - which I personally really think makes the whole thing look quite stylish.

Lastly the work around the bolt release shows the stock maker enjoyed showing off just a tad. cool

Anyways like I said to Brother Fubar some things tick some folks' boxes and his rifle and yours I quite like.

All the best and thanks again.

Dwayne

Last edited by BC30cal; 02/14/23. Reason: better wording?

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
Originally Posted by BC30cal
hanco;
Good afternoon to you sir, I hope you're seeing the sun down in your section of Texas too and you're well.

Thanks for sharing the photos of that fine looking firearm.

If you're inclined, I'd be interested in knowing any history you'd care to share?

The cheek piece looks sort of Teutonic or possibly British but the rest of the stock is definitely what I'd call American Classic.

Then they put the barrel band swivel on it and put the rear swivel a wee bit further forward than some Classics - which I personally really think makes the whole thing look quite stylish.

Lastly the work around the bolt release shows the stock maker enjoyed showing off just a tad. cool

Anyways like I said to Brother Fubar some things tick some folks' boxes and his rifle and yours I quite like.

All the best and thanks again.

Dwayne

I bought it from Mule Deer, think the builder is unknown. It puts 150 partitions damn near through the same hole with 59 grains of IMR 4350. I was fortunate to buy it.

Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Here are photos of the G33/40 I started this thread to ask about. The safety was removed for a more modern style. Has a Jard trigger. Looks to still have the original bolt handle. Barrel is not marked other than “6mm Rem.” Stock looks to be either a Fajen or Richards Microfit, but definitely not made by a gunsmith.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/iubxWYGXMchF5Mms6

“Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!”
-Benjamin Franklin
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
hanco;
Good evening almost here and I see it is down south.

Thanks for the reply, I appreciate it.

It's a mystery rifle then! Very cool, perhaps even more so.

We bought a gorgeous hand built saddle for the girls that was unmarked. Not Mexican leather or tree either, but all very fine materials and construction. Our best guess was some apprentice put it together in the '50's likely by the style.

That's what your rifle reminds me of sir, a solid build with a bit of a mysterious past.

Thanks again.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by 250_3000
Here are photos of the G33/40 I started this thread to ask about. The safety was removed for a more modern style. Has a Jard trigger. Looks to still have the original bolt handle. Barrel is not marked other than “6mm Rem.” Stock looks to be either a Fajen or Richards Microfit, but definitely not made by a gunsmith.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/iubxWYGXMchF5Mms6

Nice looking rifle.

Old Corps

Semper Fi

FJB
IC B3

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Bay1985 = Larry or something similar. My obvious guess she is an OG troll/puppet incarnation.

Please Bay, regale us with your opinions of commercial BRNO actions as well…

Semper Fi

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I went through 3 Dewalt batteries grinding down this academy special so it would look like a M70...... wink

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
This was just a block of wood and a chunk of steel.... before I Dewalted it...... smile

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by BC30cal
Originally Posted by irfubar
You clods are missing the point.

Grind down the receiver, cut off the bolt handle, get new bottom metal, change the barrel, get a plastic or big chunky after market stock drill it for your tasco 3x9. What is the point of calling it a Mauser lol. You just spent $3000 dollars to build a $450 academy special. Let me guess you did all the work yourself, well now you have a $175 dollar pawn shop special lol.

I built a pawn shop special on a G33/40.... I even ground down the receiver bridge.... the horror... I had no idea I was breaking the rules... damn

Brother Fubar;
Good afternoon my cyber friend, I trust life on your side of the medicine line and slightly to the east of us is going well.

There are a few rifles that get posted here which just "do it" for me somehow and that's one of them.

Funny how rifles, horses, cars and I suppose even what we consider "it" in the opposite sex is different for us all, you know?

That one is "it" for me anyways and any old time you want to share a photo of it, please go right ahead.

The one and only G33/40 I owned didn't have the original bolt and the stock had been really worked over before it was painted flat black, but I bought it and passed it along to another fellow looking for just that.

If I read Ludwig Olson's book correctly, nobody is truly certain how many military 98 rifles were made under German occupation and in their factories, but safe to say it was millions.

Anyways likely enough or hopefully enough that we're all able to do what we believe is best - well or the most fun project. wink

Best to you folks and thanks again.

Dwayne

Brother Dwayne,
Thank you for not tiring of the pic's I post.... smile
That particular build is very unique and I believe special. It has a blind magazine and was built as light as possible, as it sits it weighs 7lbs.
In that pic it was a 30-06 with a featherweight Douglas barrel cut to 21".... could never get it to shoot, so pulled that barrel and installed a McGowen featherweight in 7X57.
It is a much better shoooter now and the recoil is more old fart friendly....
With the blind mag, I rounded the bottom of the stock so it rides nice in the hand and at 7 lbs it is a pleasure to carry in the mountains all day. It is my version of the ultimate mountain rifle.
Front side... wink

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Maybe our esteemed new Mauser critic will approve of this one and not turn me into the Mauser police?

No M70 safety and rear bridge was sparred the Dewalt grinder.... smile

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Ooop's another ruined Mauser.... this one was ruined with a Dremel tool, back before I could afford a Dewalt..... wink

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
This Mauser doesn't have a M70 safety and never had a stripper clip hump, so I guess it will not land me in Mauser jail?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by shrapnel
Which one is this?

Brother Shrap,
That appears to be built on a commercial Mauser... so I think you are safe from landing in the Mauser hoosgow...... smile

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I wonder if esteemed rifle critic, Bay1975 realizes the M70 is a copy of the Mauser? not the other way around....

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I have a question for our new Mauser expert/critic.... Bay1975

I understand grinding on the action and installing M70 safeties is against the rules.

Now in the example pictured below is built on an FN commercial action therefor no grinding, welding , cutting , drilling etc... was imposed on this Mauser.

So my question concerns the bottom metal, it is military. And many hours were spent molesting it.... grinding, welding etc.... so does this constitute a crime against Mauser?

Or do the rules just involve the receiver? I need to know these things to avoid future violation's, fines , incarceration etc....

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

542 members (12344mag, 1Longbow, 10ring1, 06hunter59, 10gaugemag, 60 invisible), 2,225 guests, and 1,229 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,010
Posts18,500,190
Members73,984
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.