Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Starman
Edgar C. Whisenant wrote a book called '88 Reasons Why the Rapture Will Be in 1988',
placing date of Rapture between September 11 and September 13,
a massive bestseller.. more than 4.5 million copies sold.

Aren't you the God/Church hating POS who made fun of the church shooting?

Yeah.... I thought you were.

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt...ave-been-just-like-your-ran#Post14418795

You know, the lumbering lard ass that says he has found Jesus, but still struggles with eating disorders and obesity ,
side-effected by his statin cholesterol drugs, and opiodes for his backpain or bum knees,
..could also be suffering from crippling gout and nursing a serious ingrown toenail he is too afraid to see a doc about,
so he perseveres with it like a real trooper but also like a cripple, tenderly hobbling into church, finding it hard to simply
sit or stand, or concentrate well on anything- be it his surroundings or church service to his God.

CF types are also partial to their hard liquor, so apart from the drowsiness , dizziness, difficulty sleeping, headches, nausea ,
tiredness, mood swings etc, caused by their meds, they may also be adversely effected from last nights drinks.

If those compounding issues are not enough, then theres the underlying emotionally inept aspect, Some cannot even keep
their cool in CF keyboard battles, getting all flustered-emotional, erratic, irrational, and losing the plot.

bUt hey don't worry....cause they will try and have you believe they will keep their head screwed-on when someone is emptying
a 12 guage in their direction...cause they have attained a Skillset from punching static cardboard badguys that have never
shot back, have been reading Ayoob for 25 yrs and watching John Boy Correia Utube tutorials on active self protection.

They like to believe that from all that (and a bit of prayer help from Jesus)... they are piping schitt hot physically and mentally prepped,
poised and ready to proficiently engage any active shooter at any moments notice /or split-second the starters gun is fired.

course if it gets too hot in the kitchen, they can take opportune cover with their sidearm behind the pews with all the innocents
still huddled in their seats that they are supposed to be protecting and re-emerge to rush forward , ..when the dust is already
beginning to settle.

end.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
People have been trying for 150 years to figure out a nonexistent prophecy. The Bible says absolutely nothing about a rapture before Jesus returns.
The fools were those who bought the guy's book and then, when he was wrong, bought his SECOND book. A fool and his money are soon parted.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by MickeyD
No man shall know the day......
If those people had read scripture they’d have known that.

The Lord said only the Father knows the time.

Never said we’d not know the season. Just not the date.

We’re a day closer today than we were yesterday. So, we need to be prepared and ready.

DF

R
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Edgar C. Whisenant wrote a book called '88 Reasons Why the Rapture Will Be in 1988',
placing date of Rapture between September 11 and September 13,
a massive bestseller.. more than 4.5 million copies sold.

Aren't you the God/Church hating POS who made fun of the church shooting?

Yeah.... I thought you were.

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt...ave-been-just-like-your-ran#Post14418795

You know, the lumbering lard ass that says he has found Jesus, but still struggles with eating disorders and obesity ,
side-effected by his statin cholesterol drugs, and opiodes for his backpain or bum knees,
..could also be suffering from crippling gout and nursing a serious ingrown toenail he is too afraid to see a doc about,
so he perseveres with it like a real trooper but also like a cripple, tenderly hobbling into church, finding it hard to simply
sit or stand, or concentrate well on anything- be it his surroundings or church service to his God.

CF types are also partial to their hard liquor, so apart from the drowsiness , dizziness, difficulty sleeping, headches, nausea ,
tiredness, mood swings etc, caused by their meds, they may also be adversely effected from last nights drinks.

If those compounding issues are not enough, then theres the underlying emotionally inept aspect, Some cannot even keep
their cool in CF keyboard battles, getting all flustered-emotional, erratic, irrational, and losing the plot.

bUt hey don't worry....cause they will try and have you believe they will keep their head screwed-on when someone is emptying
a 12 guage in their direction...cause they have attained a Skillset from punching static cardboard badguys that have never
shot back, have been reading Ayoob for 25 yrs and watching John Boy Correia Utube tutorials on active self protection.

They like to believe that from all that (and a bit of prayer help from Jesus)... they are piping schitt hot physically and mentally prepped,
poised and ready to proficiently engage any active shooter at any moments notice /or split-second the starters gun is fired.

course if it gets too hot in the kitchen, they can take opportune cover with their sidearm behind the pews with all the innocents
still huddled in their seats that they are supposed to be protecting and re-emerge to rush forward , ..when the dust is already
beginning to settle.

end.

What an utter embarrassment. Some people don't mind doing it to themselves.

"Men must be governed by God or they will be ruled by tyrants". --- William Penn

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
This POS doubles down.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by rem shooter
yea back in the early 80's the Baptist church i was forced to go too .three times a week and made to go to that curches private high school ,the preacher in both church and school kept saying God will come back around 2000. and the world was soo bad he probably will be back by 1985 ,and the anti christ was alive in 1982 ,just waiting for the time .this was in 1982 .he use too scare the kids with this ,if we didnt believe it we got in a lot of trouble , the preacher said it is Gods word .they forced this on us .my dad still believes
oh yea ,that preacher and every preacher that church has had and every school teacher in that school all came from Bob Jones Universaty in Greenville S.C .

NRA Life Member
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

This^^^^ Not gonna look too good for these dudes on Judgment Day for disputing the written word.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by Leanwolf
Dr. Bart Erhman, New Testament scholar and historian, dissects Revelations. Discusses Edgar C. Whisenant, 666, other end-of-the-world prophets going back centuries and centuries, etc. It's an interesting video.

Click on "Watch on You Tube."

L.W.

We told you before that this guy that you and starman idolize is a false prophet.

“No one in hell can ever say I went to Christ and He rejected me.

C.H. Spurgeon
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by DBT

The generation was given. The first generation of Christians were told that some would be alive to witness Jesus returning in power and glory, for all the tribes on earth to see. And that is what the first generation Christians expected to see.
Originally Posted by Muffin
JESUS said it (return, rapture if you want to call it that, the tribulation) would all happen 'in THIS(HIS) generation'
JMHU

Christianity would have died with that generation if it had hinged on the end of the world coming during their lifetimes. Here's a suggestion: Instead of reading scripture with the assumption that it is false, try reading it with the assumption it is true. If you think you see something inconsistent, dig deeper until the inconsistency is resolved; because it will be, if you search honestly.

When a guy has been killed and then comes back to life, you do well to give his words the benefit of the doubt.

The biggest problem our country has is not systemic racism, it's systemic stupidity.
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
The Lord said that no man knows the day nor the hour, not even the Son, then why in world would His followers predict it. I believe it is a sin to do so. He specifically told His disciples in Acts 1:7, "It is not for you to know the times and the seasons which the Father has put in His own power". Therefore, just live the life pleasing to Him, serve Him and be ready to give account of your life, because you don't know the day of His coming or the day of your departure from this scene.

IC B3

C
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
C
I recall reading a newspaper article when I was a kid in the '50's that recalled a predicted "rapture event" in NY's rural Chenango County in (IIRC) the 1920's. Some preacher had a bunch of followers all worked up with his prediction of the exact day and time of the rapture. They'd all divested themselves of worldly goods and on the predicted date, as the time drew near, clad only in white robes they'd made for the occasion, they all got up on top of the biggest barn around. They'd been told the skies would open up with a trumpet call and everyone would be raptured up into Heaven and, being on the barn roof, they'd have a headstart over all the other people on earth and be the first through the gates. Well, according to the article, at the predicted time, "some wag" who'd snuck up behind the barn with a trumpet, let out a blast and they all jumped. There were a number of broken limbs and other injuries, no deaths. I can remember laughing my ass off when I read it. I must of been about 9 years old.

Mathew 22: 37-39

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by stevelyn
Rapture doctrine is novel, false, heretical and without Biblical basis.

Everyone alive when the Tribulation starts is going have to take a bite of the schitt sammich being served.

Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
There is no pretribulation rapture in the Bible. It's made up. The idea first appeared a couple hundred years ago based on a misinterpretation of scripture.

The Bible says the saints will suffer through the events described in Revelations right along with the rest of humanity.

A false doctrine is right. The Bible only talks of one second coming.

“No one in hell can ever say I went to Christ and He rejected me.

C.H. Spurgeon
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Regarding the historical documents in the New Testament in particular:
Originally Posted by There_Ya_Go
If you think you see something inconsistent, dig deeper until the inconsistency is resolved; because it will be, if you search honestly.
yep
When a guy has been killed and then comes back to life, you do well to give his words the benefit of the doubt.
yep

When a guy predicts His own death and resurrection…and pulls it off…I’m gonna go with whatever He says.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by IZH27
I was in a home a few months ago to assess a ladies need for PT treatment. Her deadbeat son was sitting there going over charts that he was making an open Bible on the table.

I asked what he was doing. He was calculating the return of Christ. He had a mathematical formula figured out from secret hidden numbers. If I remember correctly, I tried to forget, we have until 2030 possibly 2032.

Bizzare setting with other stories and strange things witnessed. Needless to say I’m gonna go with Only the Father knows.

Anyone remember the book- the Bible Code? Used some mathematical formula to decrypt hidden messages in the Bible. There was some very interesting results but how could there not be in a book that length. Much like all 'researchers' who start with a hypothesis and cherry pick to support it.

When a country is well governed, poverty and a mean condition are something to be ashamed of. When a country is ill governed, riches and honors are something to be ashamed of
. Confucius
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Jahrs
" ... We told you before that this guy that you and starman idolize is a false prophet."

Erham is not a prophet. He is a scholar and bible historian. I like history of all kinds and have been reading it for years. I am not a scholar, just a layman who reads many history books. I just finished a very interesting book on the Crusades, and previous to that, an 800 page book by Will Durant on the Greeks.

I do not idolize Erhman but I find him an interesting historian who has done years of intense research, who is fluent in Greek, Latin, and several other languages.

I have no idea whom Starmen idolizes as I don't read his stuff. wink

FWIW.

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by DBT

The generation was given. The first generation of Christians were told that some would be alive to witness Jesus returning in power and glory, for all the tribes on earth to see. And that is what the first generation Christians expected to see.
JESUS said it (return, rapture if you want to call it that, the tribulation) would all happen 'in THIS(HIS) generation'
JMHU

Christianity would have died with that generation if it had hinged on the end of the world coming during their lifetimes. Here's a suggestion: Instead of reading scripture with the assumption that it is false, try reading it with the assumption it is true. If you think you see something inconsistent, dig deeper until the inconsistency is resolved; because it will be, if you search honestly.

I know of NO scripture that speaks of PLANET earth being destroyed..................

"...A man's rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box and the cartridge box..." Frederick Douglass, 1867

( . Y . )
DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by DBT

JMHU

I read what is written, said and meant.

What is said, meant and promised is that some of those alive at the time would live to see the event happen, that generation, not thousands of years in the future.

That is what is written. What is written has nothing to do with me or what I believe or disbelieve.

Starman Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
When a guy has been killed and then comes back to life,
you do well to give his words the benefit of the doubt

The evidence that a corpse came back to life
and met up with old friends is scant at best.

We have far stronger testimonial evidence for BigFoot
than a resurrected Jesus...yet devout Xtians ridicule
Bigfoot believers.

Xtian evidence doesn't cut the mustard on the judicial
Evidentiary Scale system...infantile 'special pleading'
is all they got.

...Instead of reading scripture with the assumption that it is false,
try reading it with the assumption it is true. If you think you see
something inconsistent, dig deeper..

The printing press only came in the late 15th century
and many remained illiterate for some centuries after..

How did such believers know what was and wasn't true
hidden in scripture?

And why make Bible so challenging for people who
already struggled with literacy?

Originally Posted by DBT

What is said, meant and promised is that some of those alive at the time
would live to see the event happen, that generation, not thousands of years in the future.

When Thessalonians express concern about their people dying before the promised return ,Paul has
to adjust his words to compensate for such failed
prophecy....A Snake oil salesman of old...and Xtians
two millennia later carry on the folklore tradition.

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Well the book that it came out of got all the historic events wrong, so not surprising that any predictions it contained don't work out either.

Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Originally Posted by Raspy
Whatever you said...everyone knows you are a lying jerk.

That's a bold assertion. Point out where you think I lied.

Well?
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by DBT

JMHU

I read what is written, said and meant.

What is said, meant and promised is that some of those alive at the time would live to see the event happen, that generation, not thousands of years in the future.

That is what is written. What is written has nothing to do with me or what I believe or disbelieve.

As usual, you are in error.

I tried to explain what a “translation from Greek” was to another frequent but uninformed poster once in the past. May have been you, but maybe it was your compatriot.

If a word or phrase is written in Greek and is to be translated to English, the translator has to sometimes make a choice of which English word to use. For example a certain Greek word may be translated as “pure” but could also be translated as “sincere.” Hence you will see the phrase “pure heart” in some verses but a different translation may use “sincere heart.”

There is also the issue of how the meaning of a word can change over time and as the cultures change.

For example, if someone today uses the term “gay”….what comes to your mind first? Probably not “happy and carefree.” If a translator were to have text and use the English word “gay”….well he may mean one thing or he may mean another.

So…. What is the Greek word for “generation?”

More later….

The tax collector said: “Lord Jesus, have mercy on me, a sinner.” Jesus said he went home “justified.”

Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

517 members (22250rem, 1936M71, 10gaugeman, 219 Wasp, 12344mag, 10gaugemag, 52 invisible), 1,784 guests, and 1,142 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,104
Posts18,522,429
Members74,026
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.