M
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
M
https://www.breitbart.com/europe/20...xtend-assisted-suicide-to-mature-minors/

WoW
Jeese guys.
I thought we had all the left loonies down here.

Let him grow, Shoot a doe !
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Nope, Liberals are an invasive species in Canada as well! Our country has been on a downward spiral ever since Pierre Trudeau was Prime Minister.

Canada Is a "Ruined Nation, sad but true.

KB

Last edited by KillerBee; 02/17/23.

KB

673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Monkeymaster
https://www.breitbart.com/europe/20...xtend-assisted-suicide-to-mature-minors/

WoW
Jeese guys.
I thought we had all the left loonies down here.
They choose to offer death as an alternative, yet allow murderers and rapists to live.

673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by KillerBee
Nope, Liberals are an invasive species in Canada as well! Our country has been on a downward spiral ever since Pierre Trudeau was Prime Minister.

KB
You were all for assisted suicide in the other thread, what happened?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Monkeymaster;
Good morning to you, I hope that the last day of the week started on the right foot for you and you're well.

What I was hoping to find and link, but at present seem unable to find, was an independent media report on the MAID system up here.

I want to say it was Clyde Do Something on YouTube, but he's had a few interviews regarding this and I can't recall just which one without watching them all back.

The short version - going off memory - was that we've got a similar set of rough guidelines as California, which has roughly the same population as all of Canada. However in the same timeframe that California assisted something less than 500 medically assisted deaths there were thousands up here.

This is Clyde's video on the issue of MAID and "mature minors" by the way.

As I've stated numerous times previously, I'm in no way attempting to convert anyone to the way I believe and while I have dealt with people who talked about taking their own lives and who did so, I'm far from an expert.

Being a lifetime "numbers guy" and somewhat of a cynic, when people put forward the theory that it's cheaper to help kill people off than to try to help make them whole and productive again, the numbers do add up.

That of course opens us up to the ethical and moral dilemma of where a society is at that it's beginning to encourage atrophy of it's own members instead of encouraging them to be successful members/participants.

Interestingly, well or ironically better said, one of the reasons given multiple times by the Liberal governments over the years for increased gun control measures was suicide prevention. So we'll very likely not be allowed to own a firearm if we're suicidal but a different branch of the same government will be happy to help you shuffle off this mortal coil.

Surely I'm not the only one who finds that a bit rich?

We briefly touched on the moral and ethical implications of legalizing medical suicide and to me that's key.

If - big IF - we had a moral and ethical government in place which would allow that medical assistance as a last resort after exhausting all other avenues, it would be quite different than a system that appears to be encouraging it, no?

Laws always need to be looked at with a view of how they could be misused and abused by the viewer's worst case scenario of a government and the current crop in power aren't doing that at all.

The tracks they're laying might well bring a train they don't want to ride on...

All the best.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by 673

KB

I am for assisted suicide for older people living in a state of agony with an incurable disease like cancer. I watched my mother die and suffer from terminal Brain Cancer, then I watched my father die of a rare cancer called Cancer of the Urethra, which is a rare from of cancer and he was in extreme agony.

I do not support assisted suicide for young people suffering from PTSD or other forms of depression or mental illness, which can possibly be helped with medication and or a combination of Psychiatric help and medication.

I trust you understand the difference, correct?

KB

KB

673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 673

KB

I am for assisted suicide for older people living in a state of agony with an incurable disease like cancer. I watched my mother die and suffer from terminal Brain Cancer, then I watched my father die of a rare cancer called Cancer of the Urethra, which is a rare from of cancer and he was in extreme agony.

I do not support assisted suicide for young people suffering from PTSD or other forms of depression or mental illness, which can possibly be helped with medication and or a combination of Psychiatric help and medication.

I trust you understand the difference, correct?

KB
I understand the example you have layed out, just not sure where one begins to meet the other, or the other variables involved.
I have had loved ones pass away in my arms, I understand that too.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Terminally Ill and in extreme agony, without hope of relief, I would want to be terminated, ASAP!

I would not let a pet go through that, I call it compassionate.

KB

KB

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The problem is that at some point viable people will be encouraged to choose this option by those that don't want them around anymore for whatever reason which will usually be financial.

I have to believe putting people with a contagious disease in the New York long term care facilities had to have been at least in part done to clear the decks of a huge financial drain.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
My limited understanding of your "assisted suicide" may affect my opinion, but it seems that we (both countries) are suffering from the same bunch of idiots trying to tell other people what to do. We have "teachers" working to convince children under the age of 12 or so that they should change their sex, because they just do not know what they really are. You have politicians telling people their children should commit suicide because they are confused and suffering from the childhood angst that affects almost everyone. We all seem to be suffering from politicians/fools that have a mental illness (god complex) and a burning desire to control the world. I sincerely hope that we can extract ourselves from this mess,

IC B3

673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I thought I was "on the fence" over the entire "assisted suicide" issue, but now have come to terms with the fact that ........what would/did Jesus do when he was on the cross?
Wishing one was assisted, is different from "being assisted".
I cant get passed that.

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
To me adding mental illness to MAID is a step to far. The medical system already does not provide sufficient care for the mentally ill mainly due to the Feds not following the funding agreed forumla for health care and the solution offered up by the Feds is MAID.

What happened to more research and dedicated mental hospital care?

Hugh
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Cheaper to off em, Hugh. Trudeau’ s new math.

673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by HughW
To me adding mental illness to MAID is a step to far. The medical system already does not provide sufficient care for the mentally ill mainly due to the Feds not following the funding agreed forumla for health care and the solution offered up by the Feds is MAID.

What happened to more research and dedicated mental hospital care?
That is indeed true, not just the mentally ill, but I think that for whatever reason Canada chooses to not go full out with heroin as a pain medication in ones last days, like other Countries do.

With my own eyes, I have witnessed the effect of heroin, and what Morphine does regarding pain relief, and they can't be compared, just saying, and I don't understand why.

What's next, organ donation from a mentally/physically ill, or just off someone for their kidneys for criminal activity like they do in China?....wait a minute.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

555 members (222Sako, 16gage, 06hunter59, 22kHornet, 1OntarioJim, 007FJ, 47 invisible), 2,265 guests, and 1,251 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,398
Posts18,470,078
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.