-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 18 1 2 3 4 5 17 18
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I think the message and the teachings of Jesus resonates with a lotta people. But I think it’s quite possible that a lotta the messengers of that message are what drives a lotta people away from it. The current generation of church leaders is losing the conversation with un-churched and de-churched people. In fact, they’re mostly not even in the conversation anymore. But they absolve themselves of any responsibility for this. Maybe they need to change their approach to the conversation itself, because their current approach to the conversation is making less and less of a difference every day.

I don’t think people expect perfection from ‘the Church’. But I do think that they expect GRACE from ‘the Church’...and when they don’t get ‘that’...they turn away from it. People in this country are migrating away from ‘the Church’ at an unprecedented rate. People are leaving ‘the Church’ because it’s lost its appeal. Many people once believed that ‘the Church’ offered solutions. But many people nowadays see ‘the Church’ as a problem. And I don’t think that un-churched or de-churched people see the problem as being with God or Jesus. I think they see the problem as being with ‘the Church’ itself; it makes Christianity unattractive and it drives people away. ‘The Church’ clearly doesn’t come across to un-churched and de-churched people as following Jesus' greatest commandment.

But it wasn't always that way. First century followers of Jesus set a precedent. Back then, there were only a handful of Jesus’ followers, and they didn't even have the New Testament...but time after time after time...they backed into this one simple idea ~ "What if we *never* lose sight of Jesus' greatest commandment...?" "What if Jesus’ greatest commandment IS the filter through which we interpret ‘all’ of the Old Testament, and ‘all’ of this new information that's beginning to roll in from the Apostle Paul and others...?" The early church was attractive and it drew people in.

But that's not what comes to mind when most people nowadays think of ‘the Church’. I think that the moment ‘the Church’ loses GRACE as its point of leverage, it loses its leverage.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Originally Posted by jackmountain
Organized religion is a Fugkin joke.
Seriously.
Is following the teachings of Jesus and being a Christian organized religion?

L
LBP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by JGRaider
Originally Posted by antlers
Originally Posted by Calvin
‘The Church’ has been hemorrhaging members in this country since the 90’s.
Is that the church's fault, or is that just an indication of where our society is heading?
That’s a good question.

The church wouldn’t be allowing itself to be circumvented unless it was the will of the membership.
The church is nothing more than a representation of its members, ie, society.

The Bible clearly spells out how we will become more lawless, Godless, wrong becomes right, etc. This is really no surprise. America has a heart condition.

Exactly everything going on in the world has been foretold, now is just the fulfilling of the prophecies.

Will Munny: It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have.

The Schofield Kid: Yeah, well, I guess they had it coming.

Will Munny: We all got it coming, kid.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

"Whose bright idea was it to put every idiot in the world in touch with every other idiot? It's working!" -- P. J. O'Rourke
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
That is a great speech, surprising that the guy hasn’t been cancelled by now, the fact that his father was a Black Jamaican guy might be the reason that he hasn’t been.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
It'll be fine, Keep your Creator in your heart.
Be grateful and help each other. When people ask why you're the way you are, tell them.
Something better will come of it all.
I promise

.... like tears in the rain
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Lucas1
Organized religion is a Fugkin joke.
Seriously.
Is following the teachings of Jesus and being a Christian organized religion?

Not in my opinion.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Those who run "organized" religion down most likely don't attend church, so why are they worried about it.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JamesJr
Those who run "organized" religion down most likely don't attend church, so why are they worried about it.
Maybe some of em’ are concerned about the mass exodus of people from the church that has been taking place in this country since the 90’s. And more importantly, maybe some of em’ are concerned about the faith of the next generation.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Maybe some of em’ are concerned about the mass exodus of people from the church that has been taking place in this country since the 90’s. And more importantly, maybe some of em’ are concerned about the faith of the next generation.

I think the reason fewer and fewer people are attending church has less to do with what the churches are teaching, and more to do with the people themselves. I am not defending the churches, because what has happened in some of the denominations concerning things as acceptance of homosexuality is a tragedy, but I think Satan has provided too many temptations for people to turn their backs on the church and God.

IC B3

W
WMR Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
W
I

I think this is often true. It’s not hard to find a Bible believing church, at least around here. I’ve been to several in the last few months that fit the bill. Christ’s been the focus, nobody’s getting rich and rampant kindness has been the rule. Yea, they’re still full of sinners. That’s kinda the point.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R

I'm not sure that exodus is a bad thing. The Church is simply those who are God's. It's not that big building we need to go to on Sun. morning. The way religion has become polarized with every distinction it can use to please the crowd; it became a business above all else.

Those who seek will find, and to those who knock, the door will be opened. It is just possible that organized religion is not the correct place to find the true answers.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by LBP
Exactly everything going on in the world has been foretold, now is just the fulfilling of the prophecies.
Yes.

O
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
O
Originally Posted by JGRaider
... Phil Wickham has some great songs. This is one of my faves.....

Love it. Had that stuck in my head for about two weeks one time...

"You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart." ... Jeremiah 29:13 ... If you do not see God at work in our world, you are not looking...

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Hey Good morning Antlers!

If a man or woman finds spirituality and comes to believe in God via whatever , and changes himself for the better, does it matter if the church is involved?
If the better version of a man communes with God regularly through thought and prayer, Dispences Love and Grace, Is humble and credits his Creator with his happiness and faith, Is clerical supervision even necessary?

Im not trying to be intentionally difficult , just curious what you think.

I agree with you about "the messengers" in your post above.
Also think what the church doesnt teach about how negatively the behavior of some believers effects their desire to take fellowship. Some Christians are a real turn off and damage the church as much as other forces do.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by AKA_Spook

If a man or woman finds spirituality and comes to believe in God via whatever , and changes himself for the better, does it matter if the church is involved?
If the better version of a man communes with God regularly through thought and prayer, Dispences Love and Grace, Is humble and credits his Creator with his happiness and faith, Is clerical supervision even necessary?

Also think what the church doesnt teach about how negatively the behavior of some believers effects their desire to take fellowship. Some Christians are a real turn off and damage the church as much as other forces do.

Good morning! I’m not antlers. But if you don’t mind I have some thoughts.

I doubt folks come to Christ in a vacuum. Acts 2:47, Romans 10:14 come to mind.

Hebrews 10:24-25 show the church must be involved in a believer’s life. John 13:34-35 also prove Biblical fellowship and community is a must.

I’m headed off to worship in just a bit because I love God and I love people. I hope to offer worthy worship to my Savior and inspiration to fellow believers.

If a man is truly born again, James 1:22 and 1:27 will come into play as well as many other truths and admonitions.

Blessings on you all!!!

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Mat. 7:21 Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven.
22 On that day many will say to me, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many mighty works in your name?’
23 And then will I declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from me, you workers of lawlessness.’

Jesus put it point blank - while these modern preachers teach that homosexual marriage is ok, they are ignoring scripture and the word of God. While they might be preachers, supposedly trained in the Bible, they will be excluded from heaven and Jesus will say he never knew them. Homosex, cross dressing, trannies...these things are NOT ok and those who practice them without repentance will be bound for hell. Jesus said it himself.
I highlighted the words 'without repentance' because these sins will be forgiven if they repent. That's what Jesus came for and they aren't the unforgivable sin. But he will NOT forgive them without repentance. He'll say what he said in Matthew: "I never knew you; depart from me, you workers of lawlessness."

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by DugE
Originally Posted by AKA_Spook

Good morning! I’m not antlers. But if you don’t mind I have some thoughts.

I doubt folks come to Christ in a vacuum. Acts 2:47, Romans 10:14 come to mind.

Hebrews 10:24-25 show the church must be involved in a believer’s life. John 13:34-35 also prove Biblical fellowship and community is a must.

I’m headed off to worship in just a bit because I love God and I love people. I hope to offer worthy worship to my Savior and inspiration to fellow believers.

If a man is truly born again, James 1:22 and 1:27 will come into play as well as many other truths and admonitions.

Blessings on you all!!!

Thx DugE!
I will read all you've left behind carefully.
Take Care

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by DugE

I agree. While a person can be a believer, and do good works, the number of people who do that and are not involved with a church are about as scarce as hens teeth. The Bible teaches us that Christian fellowship is a must, and that includes the church.

If someone is attending a church who's policies they don't agree with, and who believes that those policies go against the Bible and what God has taught us, then it is a very simple thing to find a church that they feel right about. Many times those same people will start not attending a church, using the excuse that they don't agree with what that church is teaching, and they next thing you know, they have gotten completely away from the Lord.

It's really not all that hard to find a church that is still teaching and preaching the word of God. It requires effort on your part to search them out, but the reward will be worth it.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Because a lot of those "organized" religions are championing deviancy in our culture, and propagandizing their attendees to accept it.

Page 3 of 18 1 2 3 4 5 17 18

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

588 members (16penny, 007FJ, 06hunter59, 22250rem, 12344mag, 1Longbow, 62 invisible), 2,575 guests, and 1,334 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,575
Posts18,491,995
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.