Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
jesus christ! what a bunch of ninnies - does ir really matter? Lions, bears, bison and moose kill people. Hell, DEER kill more people that wolves. It happens. Get over it...

Brent

Save an elk, shoot a cow.
GB1

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by las

[Linked Image]

Hey Las...

Nice coyote!...grins

best,
bhtr

"You've been here longer than the State of Alaska is old!"
*** my Grandaughters

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
bhtr, lmao!

that was mean, I like that!

"This ain't dress rehearsal....it's the life you get to live, make it a good one."

TEAMWORK = a bunch of people doing what I say
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by 1akhunter
bhtr, lmao!

that was mean, I like that!

Now wait a bloomin' minute! I did put a "grins" in there somewheres...he he he

I'm also a member of the alternative "coyote" brotherhood. Here's my membership dues paid in full:

[Linked Image]

Pop came by a little later and wasn't any luckier:

[Linked Image]

I'm looking for the trifecta to be completed very soon!

bhtr

ps. Las takes WAY BETTER pictures then I...

"You've been here longer than the State of Alaska is old!"
*** my Grandaughters

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Originally Posted by Cariboujack
Las, good shooting, too bad you didn't get all of them.

Well, I do feel sort of bad about killing a pup that only wanted to play. If that truly was her intent and the rest of the pack's I'd happily apologize to the survivors.

For as long as my ammo held out... smile And she was the only one to show herself long enough for a snap shot. Or snapshot, once I slowed her down a bit.

Bearhunter. - quality counts, but so does quantity! I'd love to hang a black one alongside the grey.

Last edited by las; 11/24/07.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
My response to those treehuggers that worship the wolf and would jump on the thought of bringing them to California???????
[Linked Image]

Did my part for wolf reduction in Alaska back in '98.
Pulled off a double while on a Caribou hunt.

Proud NRA Life Member
S
S
What you gentlemen from "outside" the known center of the universe, Saskatchewan, don't know is how many outside sources came here to defend the wolves side of the story. It was surprising to see how hard they worked to de-monster the wolves and it embarrased us from here to see this happen. Nice to see for once that the truth did prevail.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
The real wonder is that it took so long for a conclusive incident of North American wolves preying on humans to come to light.

Along those lines, its a pity that the Natureswolves.com website is no longer up, its founder having been charged with poisoning wolves. It had a pretty good compendium of wolf depredations... http://www.propertyrightsresearch.org/2005/articles05/wolf.htm

On the original sight was an account called "Who Killed Chris..." (Cable? Krinkle?) . This presented a pretty convincing case from the disposition of his clothing, personal items and scattered remains, that a trapper in the North Woods in the early 1900's was attacked and killed by a pack of predatory wolves. The Colt Peacemaker he carried to defend himself apparently suffereing a broken mainspring at the outset.

(As sad a case of Murphy's Law as I've ever heard)

Birdwatcher

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by BrentD
jesus christ! what a bunch of ninnies - does ir really matter? Lions, bears, bison and moose kill people. Hell, DEER kill more people that wolves. It happens. Get over it...

Brent

So do automobiles. I hope you're not an EMT! ("Your passenger? Oh, she got creamed - literally, but hang in there, you look like a 50/50 case yourself.")

Sometimes, the air you 'let in'matters less than the air you 'let out'.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I'm serious, if Central Park had their fair share the opinions would change!

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
IC B3

I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
If wolves do target prey which deviates from the norm,
they would have a target rich environment and a sustainable food source in Central Park.

I am all in favor of crating up about a hundred and shipping them to NYC.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Ok.. So there was a fatal wolf attack in a remote section of North America. What is all of the fuss about? For those of you who live in Metro ____ this sounds scary and you feel like we should round up the bad guys (wolves) but for those of us who live in the hinter lands seeing wolves, bears and all of natures furry beast is all part of the package. Any time man ventures into the wilds we should expect to run into the animals that live here. When I fly down to Anchorage or LA I expect to see some of the local animals who call that city home and I also know that there are some places that are a little more dangerous than others. So should we shoot all of the wild animals (people) who live in these places because a tourist was found dead outside of a 7-11 just after midnight?? Comes with the territory don�t you think?

Any time I jump onto my Sno-go and head out into the Brooks Range there is a good chance that I may run into something that would like to harm me, that�s ok because the chances are good that I am looking to harm something myself. Loosen up guys! It�s called nature and I love to see her in all of her grandeur! The chances are much higher that you will get your ass kicked by a cow moose than a wolf! Last spring I surprised a cow and new calf walking my property out near Wrangle St. Ellis National Park in eastern Alaska. Damn near crapped my self and about got my block kicked in. Kind of cool after I had a few hours to calm down! Life if always a danger and that is why we live up here! Never a dull moment!

So you guys in downtown _____ calm down and head back to the mall and be careful as the chances are much higher that you will get run over by a drunk driver that a wolf coming in and getting your tasty butt

Walt

Kotzebue, Alaska
www.northwestalaska.com

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
The fuss is that there are plenty of people who think that wolves don't do that.

Mark

"It's not the arrow, it's the Indian."
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
The fuss is that hunters, on average seem to like to demonize wolves the way some of the more way-out tree hugger like to deify them. Both sides are fairly ridiculous.

Brent

Save an elk, shoot a cow.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
yeah there's plenty of folks that think they don't do that,

but in large part mostly it's those same folks who think that firearms are only used by bad guys too.

Who cares what they think? They ain't been thinkin right for a long time.

I hope I see some wolves close enough to be worried about them this winter. Worried if I'm leading them enough.

"This ain't dress rehearsal....it's the life you get to live, make it a good one."

TEAMWORK = a bunch of people doing what I say
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by elkhunter76
New York City needs a few packs! They can have ours.

Amen!

Methinks Central Park would be ideal wolf habitat.

Along with any other eastern states and locations that are home to LIBERALS, GREENIES, and TREE HUGGERS. grin

Let's share them "magnificent" wolves, along with their nightly blood-curdling yowls. wink

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by Bigbuck215
The feds have assured us that the wolves in Wy.,Mt., and Idaho would never do such a thing as they are not meat eaters and never kill for fun. So we sre safe.

I'm in favor of "sharing" some wolves with "those feds," and turning 'em loose on their door step. Along with any wolf repopulators that helped turn loose this threat. wink

Apparently I'm among good like-minded folks on this thread. cool

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
It's not so important what they think, but that a fair and balanced smile view is presented to the public. A newsstory might cover a PETA protest about wolf control, but seldom and in few places cover a livestock depredation or even this human depredation story.

The nonhunting public sees wolves the same way they see their pet dogs - cute, warm, fuzzy, and utterly harmless. We know it ain't so, but need that information to get out. That "fair and balanced" thing.

The wolf huggers are also the type that seem to be filling the biologist positions in federal agencies and burdening folks in some areas with reintroductions of wolves. That by itself isn't so bad it seems to me, but foot-dragging to manage wolves like all other wildlife is a problem.

The wolf-hugging public only gets one view of wolves.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
NORTHWESTALASKA - "So should we shoot all of the wild animals (people) who live in these places because a tourist was found dead outside of a 7-11 just after midnight??"

Sounds like a plan to me!!! grin

L.W. (35 years resident of Los Angeles. wink )

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by ironbender
I love that pic! smile

Ditto!

Nice goin', LAS. grin

Here in WA state, I've known folks who have lost dogs to coyotes, that were clever enough to entice the bowswer to go play with a coyote-bitch in heat, with a pack waitin'!

Go figure. wink

I don't doubt that wolves are at least as clever.

Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

682 members (12344mag, 10ring1, 007FJ, 1234, 10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 65 invisible), 3,283 guests, and 1,350 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,748
Posts18,476,161
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.