Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by wyoming260
Not being truthful on the description can bite you. I know of shipped lazermark in .460 that got shipped with insurance but not stated as a firearm. A postal worker sold it at a pawn shop for 200 bucks and the postal service tried to get out of it because of the description. They knew their employee stole it. They knew it was a gun and they did their best not to make restitution on the insurance claim. because of vague description.
The Post Office can not ask if it is a gun.Only if it is liquid,fragile,explosive or a battery.

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 79S
Yeah USPS all day everyday..

Yep, Priority and Insured.

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Shipped a rifle last week from Texas to Idaho thru the Post Office and everything went smoothly and quick.The new package length charge is a bitch though.Cost about $73 bucks with insurance.Had a shotgun shipped last year from Nebraska and it took a 2 week tour of the postal system, but arrived in good condition.

" It ain't dead.As long as there's one cowboy taking care of one cow,it ain't dead ! "
Monte Walsh
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Mike Orlen returned a set of shotgun barrels to me last year thru UPS.They had the barrels for 8 days and the shipping tube looked like it had been drug down 40 miles of bad road.

" It ain't dead.As long as there's one cowboy taking care of one cow,it ain't dead ! "
Monte Walsh
J
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
J
I recommend breaking them down from stock and action and making package smaller, saves wrist breakage and less $ for shipping.

Keep Smiling
IC B2

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by JonS
I recommend breaking them down from stock and action and making package smaller, saves wrist breakage and less $ for shipping.

That's what I like to do, send only the barreled action w/trigger.
Stock/bolt/bottom metal/etc./etc./ mailed directly to buyers home.
Put bubble wrapped barreled action in an over-sized PVC tube, then a cardboard box.

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
You can't be to careful.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by wyoming260
Not being truthful on the description can bite you. I know of shipped lazermark in .460 that got shipped with insurance but not stated as a firearm. A postal worker sold it at a pawn shop for 200 bucks and the postal service tried to get out of it because of the description. They knew their employee stole it. They knew it was a gun and they did their best not to make restitution on the insurance claim. because of vague description.
Sorry, but this is fiction . USPS does not allow employees to ask what is in the package. They only ask if it liquid, hazardous, etc. And they absolutely do not make notes about the description where "vagueness" could be used against the shipper.

Clouding discussions with bad info helps no one

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Burleyboy
Originally Posted by AKwolverine

I just checked that out. That's the one I was looking for. Has anyone here used it? It looks like they'll even handle handguns for you.

Bb
The rules on FFLs are fairly straight forward. How they can do a transfer without actually verifying something as simple as the serial number, in hand, would make me nervous.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Sitka deer

I just checked that out. That's the one I was looking for. Has anyone here used it? It looks like they'll even handle handguns for you.

Bb
The rules on FFLs are fairly straight forward. How they can do a transfer without actually verifying something as simple as the serial number, in hand, would make me nervous.
ShipMyGun does NOT do the transfer.

The receiving FFL has to be registered with ShipMyGun. The seller logs in to the SMG website, picks out the receiving FFL and SMG sends the seller an email with a UPS shipping label. The seller pays SMG for the shipping cost at SMG's lower rate. This saves the seller money and allows the seller to ship via UPS.

Since the package is already registered with UPS and is pre-paid and labeled, you just hand it to the clerk at the UPS hub, so you don't have to deal with explaining to the clerk about how SMG's contract with UPS works.

Last edited by natman; 02/21/23.
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ol_mike
Originally Posted by JonS

That's what I like to do, send only the barreled action w/trigger.
Stock/bolt/bottom metal/etc./etc./ mailed directly to buyers home.
Put bubble wrapped barreled action in an over-sized PVC tube, then a cardboard box.

I shipped a stock about a year ago. Cost 20+ bucks. I thought that was high.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
See Shrapnel's response. It's that simple.

Last edited by Swede65; 02/21/23.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by natman
Originally Posted by Sitka deer

Bb
ShipMyGun does NOT do the transfer.

The receiving FFL has to be registered with ShipMyGun. The seller logs in to the SMG website, picks out the receiving FFL and SMG sends the seller an email with a UPS shipping label. The seller pays SMG for the shipping cost at SMG's lower rate. This saves the seller money and allows the seller to ship via UPS.

Since the package is already registered with UPS and is pre-paid and labeled, you just hand it to the clerk at the UPS hub, so you don't have to deal with explaining to the clerk about how SMG's contract with UPS works.
Got it! That is the first description I have seen that makes sense. Thank you.

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Originally Posted by shrapnel
2 things to be aware of:

UPS requires FFL on both ends

USPS will ship long guns, person to FFL.

Did not know that UPS had started requiring FFLs on both ends. Been a while since I've shipped a long gun with them, though. Really glad I didn't make the trip into town to ship my rifle via UPS last week....

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

511 members (1beaver_shooter, 1badf350, 22kHornet, 06hunter59, 007FJ, 10ring1, 51 invisible), 1,637 guests, and 1,227 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,991
Posts18,520,231
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.