-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Only 11 last night but averaged 46kg so that’s [Linked Image from i.imgur.com]a good average I think the biggest was 68kg

MUD
Over
BLOOD
GB1

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by 35sambar
Only 11 last night but averaged 46kg so that’s [Linked Image from i.imgur.com]a good average I think the biggest was 68kg

68kg is one big skippy! What does that equate to in useable meat?

Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Originally Posted by Raspy
Whatever you said...everyone knows you are a lying jerk.

That's a bold assertion. Point out where you think I lied.

Well?
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Is that what they call “Australian beef”?
Years ago there was an urban legend that McDonald’s was using Australian beef that was actually kangaroo, made me a little jumpy.

"I was born in the log cabin I helped my grandfather build"
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by 35sambar

68kg is one big skippy! What does that equate to in useable meat?
Not sure exactly that’s 68kg dressed so no hoppers head or guts , biggest I’ve seen personally is 84kg dressed

MUD
Over
BLOOD
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Didn't realize they got that big.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
IC B2

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Yeah they get big they will mess you up to if your not careful, used to hunt them with dogs and they will ignore dogs and go straight for you once they see you , they know what’s going on and what’s at stake , it’s a stupid young man’s game that

MUD
Over
BLOOD
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Took a few many decades ago when stationed in Townsville. Landowner furnished a couple of 22 LRs, and at the required ranges, for educated roos we were grossly under gunned.

Last edited by 1minute; 04/09/23.

1Minute
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Someone mentioned there was a rumor that McDonalds had a big problem using it in their hamburgers. Wasn't a rumor. Been a lot of years ago, I drove for Monfort Trans out of Greeley, Colorado. Big meat packer. Out on the road someone would ask what you were hauling on the CB and all our hamburger we refered to as kangeroo meat! Reason for that. Monfort had a plant in Asturalia years ago and the plant manager uped his out put using kangroo meat in the hamburger. Got shipped the McDonalds in the SE US and when it was found out, darn near broke McDonalds! True story!

Last edited by DonFischer; 04/09/23.
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
I heard some of the missing people in the outback was because of 'roos. Them and the crocs.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Riflehunter
I heard some of the missing people in the outback was because of 'roos. Them and the crocs.

I heard Elvis was still alive.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
IC B3

DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Not too many Crocs to be found in the outback. wink

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by DBT

I think the roos chase them away

Originally Posted by Raspy
Whatever you said...everyone knows you are a lying jerk.

That's a bold assertion. Point out where you think I lied.

Well?
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by DonFischer
Someone mentioned there was a rumor that McDonalds had a big problem using it in their hamburgers. Wasn't a rumor. Been a lot of years ago, I drove for Monfort Trans out of Greeley, Colorado. Big meat packer. Out on the road someone would ask what you were hauling on the CB and all our hamburger we refered to as kangeroo meat! Reason for that. Monfort had a plant in Asturalia years ago and the plant manager uped his out put using kangroo meat in the hamburger. Got shipped the McDonalds in the SE US and when it was found out, darn near broke McDonalds! True story!

Another reason why I do not eat McDonald's hamburgers, but basically I have always thought their burgers are NASTY. Wendy's burgers are 100 x's better.

The only thing I would eat at McDonald's are their egg McMuffins and fries, have not even had one of those in years. The next thing I will hear is that they are using Platypus Eggs in the McMuffins lol

KB

Last edited by KillerBee; 04/10/23.

KB

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by KillerBee
Originally Posted by DonFischer

Another reason why I do not eat McDonald's hamburgers, but basically I have always thought their burgers are NASTY. Wendy's burgers are 100 x's better.

The only thing I would eat at McDonald's are their egg McMuffins and fries, have not even had one of those in years. The next thing I will hear is that they are using Platypus Eggs in the McMuffins lol

KB

Being an old meat hauler there are a few things I'm privy to. Used to pick up hamburger back east that was imported. Was told it was old dairy bulls! Eats pretty much just the same. about McDonalds Kangroo meat, if no one was told about it, it wouldn't have hurt anyone! Worked for a company that also hauled wild killed elk to places back east to sell!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
And there was once a rumor of ground night crawlers in Big Macs. That would be seriously expensive.

1Minute
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
I'm unfamiliar with them, but can you educate me on the "nuisance" factor of roo's. Do they damage crops or out compete livestock for forage? Spread diseases? Attack livestock or people? Based on your thermal video's, you have a lot of them.

I'm in TX and the feral hogs are our big issue. Damaging crops, digging up pastures and they have the potential to carry a number of diseases. I've even heard instances of them eating newborn livestock.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by DBT

When it floods they swim in. When the water recedes, they stay in the dams and water holes. That's what happened to the jolly swagman after he got caught stealing a sheep. Jumped in the water and got eaten by a croc...never seen again. Same with the dogs. The 'roos hold 'em under water and drown 'em. May have even been a roo drowned the jolly swagman and the croc finished him off.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by JSTUART

I heard Elvis was still alive.
He's on this forum.

DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by DBT

When it floods they swim in. When the water recedes, they stay in the dams and water holes. That's what happened to the jolly swagman after he got caught stealing a sheep. Jumped in the water and got eaten by a croc...never seen again. Same with the dogs. The 'roos hold 'em under water and drown 'em. May have even been a roo drowned the jolly swagman and the croc finished him off.

Depends on how far inland we are talking about when we say the 'outback.'

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by gsganzer
I'm unfamiliar with them, but can you educate me on the "nuisance" factor of roo's. Do they damage crops or out compete livestock for forage? Spread diseases? Attack livestock or people? Based on your thermal video's, you have a lot of them.

I'm in TX and the feral hogs are our big issue. Damaging crops, digging up pastures and they have the potential to carry a number of diseases. I've even heard instances of them eating newborn livestock.
Crop damage and pasture competition, fence damage
Also other wildlife competition, no other real predators for them , what little remnant Bush that remains they unbalance the ecology by turning into one big bed, agriculture has supplied them with water and pasture year round and the continue to breed, Normally Roos can pause there breeding cycle until water turns up thus controlling numbers naturally, dams and troughs in every paddock has turned them into massive reproduces not normally seen , They are harmless unless you come into close contact with the big Boomers then mostly you are ok unless you are attacking them then it can be game on they will kill dogs and people , there signature move is grab you pull you close and then kick your guts open with there powerful legs , they rock back on there tail , if you can get there tail you are then in control, any dog pressure they will take the fight to water and drown the predator

Last edited by 35sambar; 04/10/23.

MUD
Over
BLOOD
Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

87 members (35, 6mmbrfan, 257_X_50, 2500HD, 7mm_Loco, 257robertsimp, 5 invisible), 1,414 guests, and 854 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,118
Posts18,483,511
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.