Campfire Outfitter
Online Confused
Campfire Outfitter
J
No.

GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Clueless Whining Brokedicks,are fhuqking HILARIOUS. Hint.

Fhuqking laughing!.............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Got 5 Montanas, 3 are 223, one 6 BR and a 308. Haven't shot the new 6.5 CM, but it has a wood stock. So far not having any problems with any of them.

futuaris nisi irrisus ridebis
K
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
K
I have a number of them with no issues.

NRA Lifetime Endowment Member
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by hanco
I’ve always wanted one, my 70th birthday is soon, might get wifey to buy me one. Select grade, don’t know anything about Kimbers??
Get an 84m classic select

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
IC B2

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Ky221
Junk.

Sure some get lucky and get a good one, but kimbers are notorious for being junk. I played "Kimber Roulette" twice. Lost both times. Never again.
You’re wrong, boy

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
I have had a 270 Montana for a number of years and it is a great rifle. Last summer I came across a 30-06 Subalpine NIB at a shop up north fairly priced so it came home. I had it out a few weeks ago for the first time and it is also a shooter. Great rifles all around IME.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Go for the Kimber!

If we live long enough, we all have regrets. But the ones that nag at us the most are the ones in which we know we had a choice.

Doug
K
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
K
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
Junk.

Sure some get lucky and get a good one, but kimbers are notorious for being junk. I played "Kimber Roulette" twice. Lost both times. Never again.
You’re wrong, boy

Define wrong. Kimber roulette isn't a thing? I coined the term outta thin air? You Kimber fanboys are something else.

Or wrong as in my brand new Kimber 84M wouldn't/couldn't chamber a factory round of ammunition; and that no amount of force could get the bolt to go into battery? Or am I wrong that the 5" 1911 couldn't make it through a single mag of 230g ball without choking?

Sooo...which wrong am I?

What would someone with a 17,000 post count know about anything? "AlwaysIndoors" seems a more appropriate handle for you.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Junk.

You’re wrong, boy

Define wrong. Kimber roulette isn't a thing? I coined the term outta thin air? You Kimber fanboys are something else.

Or wrong as in my brand new Kimber 84M wouldn't/couldn't chamber a factory round of ammunition; and that no amount of force could get the bolt to go into battery? Or am I wrong that the 5" 1911 couldn't make it through a single mag of 230g ball without choking?

Sooo...which wrong am I?
I’m not a Kimber fan necessarily. But you’re still wrong, boy.

IC B3

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by EdM
I have had a 270 Montana for a number of years and it is a great rifle. Last summer I came across a 30-06 Subalpine NIB at a shop up north fairly priced so it came home. I had it out a few weeks ago for the first time and it is also a shooter. Great rifles all around IME.
We all know Ed can afford any brand of rifle he chooses. Take note here .

K
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
K
Junk.

You’re wrong, boy

Sooo...which wrong am I?
Junk.

You’re wrong, boy

Sooo...which wrong am I?

Boy? Gotta fascination with young boys or something? That's twice.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Junk.

You’re wrong, boy

Sooo...which wrong am I?
Junk.

You’re wrong, boy

Sooo...which wrong am I?

Boy? Gotta fascination with young boys or something? That's twice.
No, it’s a general term for the uneducated .

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
I have two Montanas, in 7-08 and 257 Roberts, and a Classic Select in 7-08. All three function and shoot very well. The Classic Select is one of the most accurate rifles I own.

OP, if you can find one, go for it...

My heart's in the mountains, my heart is not here.
My heart's in the mountains, chasing the deer.
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
I have two 223’s. My brother and a friend has them too. Everyone really likes them. I had a 270wsm that shot well and my stepdad had a 280AI that was real accurate with 120’s. I wish I would have picked up a couple 243’s when they could be had for $8-$900 used.

pal Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by hanco
I’ve always wanted one...

Though there are plenty of better used choices out there, I suppose that's all the justification you really need. Very much regret selling my Kimber of Oregon .22 rimfire.

Good luck. Hope you get a good one.

"There's more to optics than meets the eye."--anon

"...most of us would be better off losing half a pound around the waist than half a pound on our rifle."--dhg

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Heck my Savage shot better than my Kimber Montana 270.
I no longer own the Kimber....they sure feel good though.
The hunter model has a chitt magazine for sure.

HMM-161, HMM-364
Semper Fi Brothers
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I’ve bought 3 on the used market.

.308 Classic that shoots great (<1” groups)

.257 Roberts Classic Select that shoots great and looks even better (<1” groups)

.30-06 Classic Select that shoots ok (1”-1.5” groups), but looks great.

They’re my favorites in the safe.

Not very many for sale now compared to 5 or 10 years ago.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I have 2 Montanas, 223 and 270, 257 classic select. I've had others about 10 total. The 257 is the only one I couldn't get to shoot less than an inch but I really liked the wood so I had a new barrel put on it little heavier contour I really like it.

MOLON LABE
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
25/06 works perfect

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

LOL
Page 2 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

642 members (06hunter59, 12344mag, 007FJ, 10gaugemag, 10ring1, 17CalFan, 75 invisible), 2,074 guests, and 1,282 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,891
Posts18,479,187
Members73,947
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.