Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Dre Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I only have the hunter. Bought if for my boy.
It had to go back to kimber to get the chamber polished as it would scratch the brass and the chamber is very tight. To where I had to get small base dies to reload for it.
Kimber told me they doesn’t recommend to use re loads, only premium factory ammo.
Won’t lie, left a bad taste in my mouth.

All of them do something better than the 30-06, but none of them do everything as well.
GB1

hanco Online Content OP
Campfire Savant
OP Online Content
Campfire Savant
Originally Posted by Fireball2
25/06 works perfect

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Damn that is nice Roy, forgot you had that rifle.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Stick,

Montucky over Fieldcraft?

Originally Posted by Big Stick
Fhuqktards,routinely do stupid schit and very typically botch ALL things The Rifle. Hint.

Do tell about the PARTICULARS,of said pard's "bad" Kimber. Ammo,mounts,rings and glass,if only for fhuqking HILARIOUS starters. Hint.

Dangle pics,for more oblivious HILARITY. Hint.

I 've easily shot 100+ Kimbers and patiently await the FIRST "bad" one. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!..............

“Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils.” - General
John Stark.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I’ve had three. A std grade 308 that I bought when they first came out. It’s one of my absolute favorite rifles. It shoots under MOA ALWAYS. I’ve hunted with it a lot, deer, elk, africa two or three times.

A 30-06 select grade that was VERY accurate, like in the .3-.4” range but they changed something in the wrist or trigger geometry and it just never fit me the way my 308 did so I let it go.

A Montana 7/08 that is also well under MOA but I haven’t hunted it yet. Something I hope to change next year.

Zero complaints for me on any of the ones Ive had.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by David_Walter
Stick,

Montucky over Fieldcraft?

Originally Posted by Big Stick
Fhuqktards,routinely do stupid schit and very typically botch ALL things The Rifle. Hint.

Do tell about the PARTICULARS,of said pard's "bad" Kimber. Ammo,mounts,rings and glass,if only for fhuqking HILARIOUS starters. Hint.

Dangle pics,for more oblivious HILARITY. Hint.

I 've easily shot 100+ Kimbers and patiently await the FIRST "bad" one. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!..............

The Fieldcraft is twisted right and wears the magbox. FC's have killer twist rates. Hint............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
IC B2

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Yea for me. They go well with my Model 70's and Ruger Hawkeyes. The firing pin had to be adjusted on the Montana after about three years. Only problem I have had with any of them.

I have three. A Kimber Hunter in 6.5 Creedmoor, a Montana in .30-06 and a Talkeetna in .375 H&H.

I had iron sights installed on the Hunter. It wears a 3.5-10 x40 Leupold.

I had the Montana barrel shortened to 22 in and iron sights installed.It wears a 2.5-8x36 Leupold but I have a 2-10 Vx5 HD Leupold to put on it.

I had the Talkeetnas barrel shortened to 21 inches and taller NECG sights installed. I put a Heavy Duplex 1.75-6 on it but it will be changed to the 2.5-8 x36 that will come off the Montana.

I sometimes think if I could get one in .223 and one in .338 Win Mag I wouldn't need any othe cf bolt guns.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Three here.

Montana .223, Hunter 6.5CM, Classic 30-06.

Love them.

Foolishly I sold my Montana .260Rem a few years ago, still regret that!

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Have a Mtn. Ascent in 280AI and a Hunter Pro Desolve Blak in 6.5 Manbun. Neither have any issues whatsoever and both will hold 1/2-5/8" groups. As I get older, I've come to appreciate lighter weight rifles. Kimbers work for me and are my primary hunting rifles.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Had a Longmaster .308. Likely the most accurate rifle I ever owned. Lost it to a pressing need….

It did scratch brass, a simple fix that I didn’t address before I sold it as the new owner didn’t care.

My son has had a Hunter 6.5 from very early on. No issues at all, including the magazines. I might’ve followed him with a .308, but I found an M70 EW first. Not as light of course, which is probably a good thing as the Hunter is pretty bouncy off a rest, even in 6.5.

My LGS is a Master Dealer, and has had Selects on occasion. I’ve seen stunners, and ones that looked a bit plain for the dough. If pretty wood is your goal, better get pics. Finding any at all might be challenging though.

What fresh Hell is this?
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by Remington280
The hunter model has a chitt magazine for sure.

This! Models with a blind mag may feed like they have eyes. The magazine on the Hunter is one of the worst I've ever dealt with.

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Ky221
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
Junk.

Sure some get lucky and get a good one, but kimbers are notorious for being junk. I played "Kimber Roulette" twice. Lost both times. Never again.
You’re wrong, boy

What would someone with a 17,000 post count know about anything? "AlwaysIndoors" seems a more appropriate handle for you.

LOL great post

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Dre
I only have the hunter. Bought if for my boy.
It had to go back to kimber to get the chamber polished as it would scratch the brass and the chamber is very tight. To where I had to get small base dies to reload for it.
Kimber told me they doesn’t recommend to use re loads, only premium factory ammo.
Won’t lie, left a bad taste in my mouth.

I don't know of any mfg that would recommend reloads over factory ammo.

Me

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by EdM
I have had a 270 Montana for a number of years and it is a great rifle. Last summer I came across a 30-06 Subalpine NIB at a shop up north fairly priced so it came home. I had it out a few weeks ago for the first time and it is also a shooter. Great rifles all around IME.
We all know Ed can afford any brand of rifle he chooses. Take note here .

Pretty sure Ed likes the Mauser M12's too, a lot

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Junk.

Sure some get lucky and get a good one, but kimbers are notorious for being junk. I played "Kimber Roulette" twice. Lost both times. Never again.
You’re wrong, boy

Who calls someone Boy? you sound like an idiot

Then when pushed, you admit you're not a Kimber fan, but Ed is? LMAO. Glad you believe Ed

S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S
I've had two Montana's, a 7-08 and 260, both shot lights out. For some stupid reason, I sold the 7-08, still have the 260.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
223, 243Win, & 7-08 Montanas, a gen-1 Pro-Varmint 223, as well as a 375 H&H Talkeetna all as-issued from the factory.

22-250 and 270Win Montanas both have 1:8 Lilja factory dupe contours @ 22".

A .224 1:7 Lilja Montana dupe on the way and a .204 Varmint will become a 1:7 223Rem "Frankentana" blued action/SS bbl in a spare Montana stock I had set in a corner a while back.

I like Kimbers.

I can walk on water.......................but I do stagger a bit on alcohol.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I have a pile of Montanas.

Love ‘em.

Originally Posted by shrapnel
I probably hit more elk with a pickup than you have with a rifle.

Originally Posted by JohnBurns
I have yet to see anyone claim Leupold has never had to fix an optic. I know I have sent a few back. 2 MK 6s, a VX-6, and 3 VX-111s.
P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
I've got an Adirondack .308. It scratched the heck out of brass when it was new, and the dipped finish on the stock was garbage. The rifle is very picky about loads but the ones it likes are easily less than 1". Another issue I discovered is this light rifle is pretty sensitive about bag and hand positioning when shooting from the bench. Inconsistent technique yields inconsistent results with such a light rifle.

Based on the experience of a friend who's Montana's chamber was cut wrong and their refusal to do right by my garbage stock finish I'd say Kimber's customer service is suspect. I'd even go so far as to say they are a douchey company.

The weak points for Kimber rifles are the magazine system of the Hunter models, and based on the experiences of others it's apparent to me their enclosed trigger is susceptible to failure in dusty or silty environments.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by pabucktail
I've got an Adirondack .308. It scratched the heck out of brass when it was new, and the dipped finish on the stock was garbage. The rifle is very picky about loads but the ones it likes are easily less than 1". Another issue I discovered is this light rifle is pretty sensitive about bag and hand positioning when shooting from the bench. Inconsistent technique yields inconsistent results with such a light rifle.

Based on the experience of a friend who's Montana's chamber was cut wrong and their refusal to do right by my garbage stock finish I'd say Kimber's customer service is suspect. I'd even go so far as to say they are a douchey company.

The weak points for Kimber rifles are the magazine system of the Hunter models, and based on the experiences of others it's apparent to me their enclosed trigger is susceptible to failure in dusty or silty environments.
Please send me a pm if you may be interested in selling the Adirondack.

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
I bought a Kimber Montana in 270WSM about 10 years ago, for a sheep hunt.
Accuracy was poor, 2” at best. Sent it back to Kimber. They returned it unaltered, with a three shot target, 1.25”, at 50 yards, and said “it’s in spec.”
Sold it and had Jim Kobe build me a 270WSM on a R700 action, McMillan stock, and Shilen barrel. It shot about 3/4” five shots at 100 yards.
Killed a sheep and mountain caribou, one shot kills.

NRA Patron
Page 3 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

603 members (1234, 160user, 007FJ, 1Longbow, 204guy, 10gaugemag, 58 invisible), 2,221 guests, and 1,300 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,919
Posts18,479,696
Members73,947
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.