Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
M
Muffin Online Content OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M

Last edited by Muffin; 02/25/23.

"...A man's rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box and the cartridge box..." Frederick Douglass, 1867

( . Y . )
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
[Linked Image from i0.wp.com]

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
As I've suggested before, electric cars will be viable outside the city/commuter environment only when replaceable battery packs are developed. Pull into the equivalent of a gas station and your nearly empty battery is removed, a fully charged one is installed, and you pay for the amount of charge difference between the two. Drive off. No interminable waiting to charge.

At home and around town, you recharge as usual.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If we’re talking practicality, probably not, but the “government subsidy industry” and the NWO push to keep us confined to quarters of their choosing by eliminating our means to independent travel have a lot of momentum. I’m not sure that they can be stopped at this point. The rich and connected will, of course, be free to go and do whatever they choose, riding in big gas guzzlers to their favorite pedo ranch…..

What fresh Hell is this?
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
First off, did the Federal Government ever ask the American people whether they want to be forced to switch to electric? What do the poll numbers say?

Secondly, the Japanese say a total (or anything close) switch to electric will not work, and in the big picture would be more polluting than gas or diesel powered.

They propose, instead, transitioning to hydrogen powered vehicles, which they say will actually work on a global scale, no problem. Additionally, they only emit water vapor. Not pollutants.

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Will hold my breath on this endeavor until they have the first scheduled transatlantic passenger flights with electric powered aircraft. That doesn't include blimps.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

A
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A
From Dust You Came ..

Dust You shall Return..

Just Stand and the Left will make Top Soil of Y’all

Without Cheap Energy you and your way of life will Disappear..

Believe me The Left don’t Care ..

Sure to Make the Bodies Drop

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by akrange
From Dust You Came ..

Dust You shall Return..

Another reason the globalists are insistent on electric, when hydrogen would work much better. Electric makes monitoring much easier, and allows much less individual independence. Hydrogen, if anything, would increase our travel independence, AND do it more practically, cheaper, and with less pollution, than electric, which proves that the environment isn't the reason for the push.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by akrange
From Dust You Came ..

Dust You shall Return..

Another reason the globalists are insistent on electric, when hydrogen would work much better. Electric makes monitoring much easier, and allows much less individual independence. Hydrogen, if anything, would increase our travel independence, AND do it more practically, cheaper, and with less pollution, than electric, which proves that the environment isn't the reason for the push.
It's about control, it's never been about pollution/climate. Digital currency? Control over EVERYTHING.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I have swapped to all electric lawn equipment, except my gas riding mower, and have been very surprised at how well it all works. When my riding mower dies I will seriously consider the battery mowers BUT I won't even give the electric vehicles a second look until they figure out an affordable battery swap. We all know batteries slowly die every time you cycle them plus the range will get a little shorter with each recharge.

IC B3

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
There must be something else they aren't telling us about EV batteries...read a classified ad on Fakebook Marketplace last week...Tesla for sale, yadda, yadda, but this was emphasized "..always slow charged at home, only received two fast charges since new...". What does that imply? Fast charging is hard on battery life?

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Next vehicle for my wife will probably be one. She drives 10,000 miles a year, mostly around town. works from home

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
I will wait till they are powered by zero point energy instead of lithium.

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Pappy348
If we’re talking practicality, probably not, but the “government subsidy industry” and the NWO push to keep us confined to quarters of their choosing by eliminating our means to independent travel have a lot of momentum. I’m not sure that they can be stopped at this point. The rich and connected will, of course, be free to go and do whatever they choose, riding in big gas guzzlers to their favorite pedo ranch…..
Absolutely correct

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by cooperfan
Next vehicle for my wife will probably be one. She drives 10,000 miles a year, mostly around town. works from home

Your wife will love it. The Tesla will be the perfect vehicle for her.
My brother has one and it is a great car. For short trips.
Not good for long trips.

You need to wire her up a 240 charging station in the garage.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
until some time off in the far future, EVs are a scam. They just don't offer anything over fossil fueled vehicles, and have a number of major 'deal breakers'

Sam......

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
SIL just picked up a Ford Lightning 150. It’s pretty nice. Faster than a scalded dog. However, ain’t no way in hell I will be dropping $80K like he did. For local use it’s ok. Not for long travel IMO.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by flintlocke
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
It's about control, it's never been about pollution/climate. Digital currency? Control over EVERYTHING.
Yep.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by JeffA
[Linked Image from i0.wp.com]
My eyes aren't what they used to be, but I couldn't see anything about how much the federal subsidy was to buy a car.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
"Reordering the US transportation system through policy and spending shifts to prioritize public and active transit while reducing car dependency can also ensure transit equity, protect ecosystems, respect Indigenous rights, and meet the demands of global justice."

All you need to know.

Broncos are officially the worst team in the nation this year.
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

453 members (1beaver_shooter, 12344mag, 17CalFan, 10gaugemag, 160user, 1100mag, 54 invisible), 3,528 guests, and 1,238 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,775
Posts18,535,901
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.