Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
No one can say paying cash or financing is the best way to go unless you are the person buying the truck and are aware of any incentives. Five minutes with a calculator will tell you what is the best way to go.
To issue a blanket statement saying paying cash is costing the buyer money makes no sense.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.
GB1

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
That $75,000.00 would have purchased 30 1956 Ford Fairlane 500 equipped with A/C!

Even birds know not to land downwind!
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Originally Posted by Snowwolfe
No one can say paying cash or financing is the best way to go unless you are the person buying the truck and are aware of any incentives. Five minutes with a calculator will tell you what is the best way to go.
To issue a blanket statement saying paying cash is costing the buyer money makes no sense.

I didn't say that, I said people dont do the math....you have to do the math. Unless, its pocket change to ya

Last edited by killerv; 02/27/23.
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by 10gaugemag
Originally Posted by irfubar
Clown world inflation.... $75k for a truck is normal... next year it will be $100k
Plenty of them at or over $100k right now.

People bellyache about these high dollar trucks, price a premium bass boat with a 250 hp Merc on the back end. No problem dropping over $100k if you load it up.

proving yet again people will spend money too much money on wants before needs..
many times people would be shocked how hard it is to get paid for jobs by people that appear to have lots of money..

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Seafire
Originally Posted by Dutch
I read that a little differently. GM has learned that the US consumer will pay as long as product is scarce.

They make a lot more money off 300,000 trucks at $75,000 than 400,000 trucks at $60,000.

So product will remain scarce.

This right here... That is why the Jewish folks gravitate to jobs like Accounting... create your own shortages, to jack up prices...

YEAH!!! LOL.

Takes a Hebe to put that together, bastards. Big brain moves.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by killerv
Originally Posted by shrapnel
Originally Posted by smallfry
Buy it cash and save.

You can actually lose money doing this, people dont do the math. Cash isnt allows if ever the cheaper price on a new vehicle.

Finance with them at a low rate, because your credit is good, take all the incentives/cash back offers because you did, pay it off over the next few months. Can save you thousands...but I guess that's not as cool as telling someone you paid cash. Meanwhile, you just dropped 75k in cash all at once, while leaving money on the table, on a depreciating asset...but to each his own.

You haven’t been buying $75,000.00 trucks recently. There are no discounts on them for credit or any other reason. Right now you won’t lose anything buying a truck with cash…

I dont entirely agree, I'm starting to see those incentive commercials again, plus that 75k truck was 55k 2-3 years ago. I'd say you are losing 20k right off the bat.

It isn’t happening. The incentives are for the light 1500 size trucks. $75,000.00 trucks are 3/4 and 1 ton trucks..

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Buy it cash and save.

You can actually lose money doing this, people dont do the math. Cash isnt allows if ever the cheaper price on a new vehicle.

Finance with them at a low rate, because your credit is good, take all the incentives/cash back offers because you did, pay it off over the next few months. Can save you thousands...but I guess that's not as cool as telling someone you paid cash. Meanwhile, you just dropped 75k in cash all at once, while leaving money on the table, on a depreciating asset...but to each his own.

You haven’t been buying $75,000.00 trucks recently. There are no discounts on them for credit or any other reason. Right now you won’t lose anything buying a truck with cash…

I dont entirely agree, I'm starting to see those incentive commercials again, plus that 75k truck was 55k 2-3 years ago. I'd say you are losing 20k right off the bat.

It isn’t happening. The incentives are for the light 1500 size trucks. $75,000.00 trucks are 3/4 and 1 ton trucks..

You havent priced a nicely equipped sierra 1500 lately. Plenty of half tons over the 75k mark these days. It's crazy.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Buy it cash and save.

You havent priced a nicely equipped sierra 1500 lately. Plenty of half tons over the 75k mark these days. It's crazy.

Closest I could get was 71k

Local Dealer

Me

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Paid $2,800 for my first new Ford Pick-up, back when I was making right at 12k a year, a factor of 4.29. For a $75,000 today I'd need to make close to 322,000 a year. Of course, it doesn't work that way because that doesn't take into account increased cost to manufacture, or all the current luxury's they refuse to build without today. If they would build one with just the basics, might be able to get it down to around 30k, but then no one would buy it.

Phil

Dre Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Ben_Lurkin
We just got a fully loaded Dmax LTZ for work $68k. Still too much. Who is paying $90k for them?

My 06 Cummins has 90k on it and has long been paid for. I’ll keep it another 15 years thanks.
New Duramax as in 2023 ?
If so where?
Thanks

Last edited by Dre; 02/27/23.

All of them do something better than the 30-06, but none of them do everything as well.
IC B3

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Originally Posted by Greyghost
Paid $2,800 for my first new Ford Pick-up, back when I was making right at 12k a year, a factor of 4.29. For a $75,000 today I'd need to make close to 322,000 a year. Of course, it doesn't work that way because that doesn't take into account increased cost to manufacture, or all the current luxury's they refuse to build without today. If they would build one with just the basics, might be able to get it down to around 30k, but then no one would buy it.

Phil

Phil, that’s a good point.
Not many these days want a single cab, bench seat, four on the floor, or three on the tree, rubber coated chains to hold up the tail gate, AM push button radio, mechanical ignition key, 14” tires with painted hub caps, crank windows……..

NRA Patron
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
also a modern day pickup can last 2 to 3 longer than older ones.....bob

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Bob_mt
Originally Posted by ol_mike
In a couple of years the repo man will be dragging them to the bank.

not directed at you......people need to realize not everybody is a broke dick....a lot of people make good money.

not everyone wants to drive something with 300,000 miles on it ...like its some badge of honor....bob

Exactly

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by dale06

Phil

Not many these days want a single cab, bench seat, four on the floor, or three on the tree, rubber coated chains to hold up the tail gate, AM push button radio, mechanical ignition key, 14” tires with painted hub caps, crank windows……..
Yup

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Buy it cash and save.

There are small ones on the 3500, didn't check on the 2500.

The last time that bear ate a lawyer he had the runs for 33 days!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I suppose my Platinum F-150 would list for that kind of a number today if I bought a new one, but I won’t because there isn’t a thing wrong with my 2010 up in the garage at the cottage. It goes to the dump, hunting and fishing and is basically a V-8 6,500# play thing. It was the local Ford dealership demo truck and they hung every available option known to Ford Motor Company on that truck. Okay, the half dozen color cup holder toggle options and the sunroof might be superfluous, but the ride, heated and cooled leather seats, premo radio speakers, longer box, power everything make it a whole lot better trip truck than any of my first bare bones trucks. And that 5.4 engine actually has some low end torque down in the rpm range where it should be. One of Edmunds best rated engines and no turbo required. The SUV’s get all the daily driving duty.

My other auto is a .45

The bitterness of poor quality is remembered long after the sweetness of low price has faded from memory
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Buy it cash and save.

Here's a dandy.

https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/d7d51d65-fccb-470d-9464-547855c7a929/

Last edited by 10gaugemag; 02/27/23.

The last time that bear ate a lawyer he had the runs for 33 days!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Sharpsman
That $75,000.00 would have purchased 30 1956 Ford Fairlane 500 equipped with A/C!

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
$75,000? Where do you find them that cheap?

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by dale06

Phil

No, I disagree. I think that people would buy it. The automotive industry is the leader in building what they want to sell, not what people want.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

556 members (06hunter59, 10ring1, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 160user, 1234, 62 invisible), 14,051 guests, and 1,103 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,280
Posts18,545,094
Members74,060
Most Online21,066
May 26th, 2024

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.