Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by Big Stick
Reupold is the Biden of scopes. You get what you get and there is NO predicting it. Hint.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

Just sayin'.............

It's ironic that the picture above that statement shows a Vortex scope and merch.

GB1

Dre Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Fotis
Remember what leupold said on the podcast? You gotta tap the turrets for them to settle. LOL
Is this podcast available to view somewhere?

All of them do something better than the 30-06, but none of them do everything as well.
J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by Big Stick
Reupold is the Biden of scopes. You get what you get and there is NO predicting it. Hint.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

Just sayin'.............

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
I used Leupold for so long that I'm still a little surprised every time I twist a turret on another brand of scope and the reticle moves exactly what the turret says it should.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Dre
Remember what leupold said on the podcast? You gotta tap the turrets for them to settle. LOL
Is this podcast available to view somewhere?

Seen it somewhere on you tube????? . That said it is exactly what they suggested again on here when they had the "open Mike" Q&A session with our members.

https://thehandloadinglog.wordpress.com
μολὼν λαβέ

"Weatherby was too long so I nicknamed it "Bee""
IC B2

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
They should issue “tapping clubs” in their scopes. Just to keep it fair.. wouldn’t want someone using too big/small of a tapping device whistle

Semper Fi
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Just tap it!

https://thehandloadinglog.wordpress.com
μολὼν λαβέ

"Weatherby was too long so I nicknamed it "Bee""
D
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by alpinecrick
My VariX-II's with friction adjustments don't seem to do that, but it's hard to tell because adjusting them is continuous instead of the clicks.
Those older Leupolds with the friction adjustments seem to hold zero pretty well. Of course, they're set and forget.

The glass may not be as good as the newer ones, but those old scopes just keep on keeping on. At least mine do.

DF

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
DF,

It’s usually not noticeable because it’s so gradual, but the gas in any optical piece seems to degrade over time.

Sending several of my 30-40 year old Vari-X II’s and III’s back to Leupold made a very noticeable difference in brightness. And made the focus appear more sharp. And in turn narrowed the difference in the quality of view when compared to my newer VX II’s, 2’s, III’s, and 3’s.

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer
My VariX-II's with friction adjustments don't seem to do that, but it's hard to tell because adjusting them is continuous instead of the clicks.
Those older Leupolds with the friction adjustments seem to hold zero pretty well. Of course, they're set and forget.

The glass may not be as good as the newer ones, but those old scopes just keep on keeping on. At least mine do.

DF
My most used deer rifle still wears a VariX-IIc that has held zero like a champ.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
DF,

It’s usually not noticeable because it’s so gradual, but the gas in any optical piece seems to degrade over time.

Sending several of my 30-40 year old Vari-X II’s and III’s back to Leupold made a very noticeable difference in brightness. And made the focus appear more sharp. And in turn narrowed the difference in the quality of view when compared to my newer VX II’s, 2’s, III’s, and 3’s.

Damn, Casey! How old are you?

I just turned 57. I figured you and I were close in age, maybe in dog years.

Grins

🦫

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
R
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
R
So, what I'm hearing is Leupold makes scopes with cds style turrets, regardless of whether you get the custom dial, it's still a turret supposedly made for twisting, but it doesn't move according to the proper increments? A scope made for dialing that doesn't dial. Houston we have a problem.

Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
Leupold - Trust is Earned

Screw you! I'm voting for Trump again!

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the 24HCF.
D
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by Higginez
Leupold - Trust is Earned
As is distrust.

DF

W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
When dialing counter clockwise on windage or elevation you have to dial way past what you need then clockwise to make it correct. Apparently the erector springs are still not up to par.

Personally I’m done. When my Mk 5 5-25 get back from them it’ll be on the market. PR-1 MIL illuminated 10 billion dollar sob. I’ve had much better reliability with SS and Bushnell.

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Beaver10
DF,

Damn, Casey! How old are you?

I just turned 57. I figured you and I were close in age, maybe in dog years.

Grins

🦫

lol......the next decade older.....

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J

Priceless

Decades of voting for the lesser of two evils has gotten us just that.....
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
This is disappointing to hear. I just bought a few VX3 HD CDS scopes. What a bummer.

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by 8MMX57JS
This is disappointing to hear. I just bought a few VX3 HD CDS scopes. What a bummer.
Well, they don't all go bad.

Use them and see how they work out.

May want to keep their Beaverton number on speed dial.

DF

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Leupolds track like Stevie Wonder....

They should include a rubber mallet with every scope to "tap" the turrets after adjusting.

Maybe Burns will start selling a $5k, long range mallet.....

Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

640 members (12344mag, 007FJ, 19rabbit52, 10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 160user, 62 invisible), 3,207 guests, and 1,299 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,486
Posts18,471,881
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.