Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
MAC Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
First day out on the water in 2023 in my float tube in CO. Biggest fish is about 18 inches.
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

You get out of life what you are willing to accept. If you ain't happy, do something about it!
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Monday my coworker and I decided we were going to do a team building exercise. (that means we went fishing and didn't take it as a vacation day...)

It was very slow fishing, 1 or 2 fish were the most we could coax out of a given spot. But beats working.

My first of the day-

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Had a double, one off each side of the boat

Vertical dropping into the brush scored us a nice pair.

Stop at the trout park on the way to use their cleaning station

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
While I would love to be able to post some fish pictures, at least we had some incredible sunrises and sunsets! Slowest fishing I've ever experienced and first time I've ever been skunked! Lake Michigan was unagreeable most of the time, so we were out on Green Bay. The one morning we were able to get out on the lake, we went to our "favorite" spots. I was setting up the starboard spread and had a strike before I was finished. Felt like a good fish then confirmed when it started jumping. Got up to the planner board, removed it and continued the fight. Back and forth, back and forth, line in, line out... got it to about 50' from the boat and the 10lb line broke! Newer line, no nicks or abrasions, just a big fish pulling hard. So, obviously, lost the fish but also one of my favorite Rapala's! Oh well... at least they're still making the Rapala. Ran for 6 more miles after this without anything happening! Experienced, local, fisherman at the helm and me trying not to look like Gilligan! Lol!

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com] [Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Last edited by DeanAnderson; 04/19/23. Reason: add pictures

It isn't what happens to you that defines you, it's what you DO about what happens to you that defines you!

NRA life member

Illinois State Rifle Association member
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
First carp of the year. 2 nice size and lost one.

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Rainbow I caught last month. About 10" for this first of the year; the later ones were bigger.

Attached Images
Compress_20230501_065706_6803.jpg (40.39 KB, 48 downloads)
IC B2

E
efw Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
E

Finally caught a pike last night… a dink for sure, and on a tube.

That’s ironic given I’ve been tossing red & white daredevils, big spinner baits, and other pike lures.

Been finding spots where I can put my canoe in, paddle up or downstream, and paddle back so I don’t need a spotter.

I’ve been fishing every chance I get… had maybe 5 min before a client meeting so I pulled out my UL rig and on my second cast caught this little smallie which, on that little rod and 4 lb test was a great fight!

Got a promotion at work so I have to say good bye to the beautiful little town I’m in now and head into the big city which is a genuine shame but I’m excited for the new position.

Hope everyone is having a great spring!!!

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

530 members (10gaugemag, 1234, 12344mag, 17CalFan, 16penny, 56 invisible), 2,252 guests, and 1,304 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,392
Posts18,488,767
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.