Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Seeing lots of Threads ending with Removed, off the market or Back into the gun safe.

Tracy

Last edited by nimrodtracy; 03/08/23.

It is not about what you kill, it is about the hunt....
GB1

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Or the time of year?

It is not about what you kill, it is about the hunt....
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Seems to me that the Encore and Contender inflated prices are not getting paid out anymore. Not sure on the rest of the market tho.
I’ve noticed used leupolds are hot at the moment

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Some are overpriced, or something that has been messed with and guys don't want it. This is really not the place to expect top dollar for anything you are selling.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by D_Dial
Seems to me that the Encore and Contender inflated prices are not getting paid out anymore. Not sure on the rest of the market tho.

"Hot" on places like Ebay or gunbroker. Not here. If you want to sell one here, you have to sell it for less than actual market value. I saw an older gloss Leupold sell here a few hours ago for $100-$150 less than it sells for on ebay. That is fine, if you feel like you want to give guys here good deals.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
IC B2

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
In my circles, alot of guys are just tired of the high gun prices. If demand goes down, then hopefully prices will follow. Is a Remington 700 SPS heavy barrel 308 Win( made within the last ten years) worth $1000-$1300? Not to me. I'll wait for the craziness to slow down.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Economy, tax season, hassle of shipping guns, overpriced, lots of factors.

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Yes, I forgot to mention shipping! The last bolt rifle I shipped to Alabama, from Virginia was $65!

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
I echo what others have said, but "not worth it to me" plays over and over in my head the most. Lately I have seen more rusty guns priced over $1000 than ever before. Not worth it to me! It would seem I'm not the only one who thinks that either.

Medics bury their mistakes..
H
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
H
Seeing stuff way overpriced or at least folks just seeing if they will bring even more than they have been the last 6-12 months and doesn't seem to be happening. That and everyone is tightening up b/c of the unknown with the economy, etc. Waputi makes a great point too, shipping a firearm between 2 individuals in different states, getting paid properly, etc is just more and more of a pain. Just the way the powers that be like it...

Last edited by hallb; 03/08/23.
IC B3

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by D_Dial

"Hot" on places like Ebay or gunbroker. Not here. If you want to sell one here, you have to sell it for less than actual market value. I saw an older gloss Leupold sell here a few hours ago for $100-$150 less than it sells for on ebay. That is fine, if you feel like you want to give guys here good deals.

But do you think it equals out being there are no what is it now 12% fees that eBay’s takes even on the shipping amount. Oh and don’t forget the 1099 you get if you sell more than 600 bucks worth in a year.
Prices are crazy stupid on eBay I agree!

R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
I’ve picked up a couple encore barrels from here for very reasonable prices, although that was almost a year ago. Seems if the prices are decent, the item sells. The guys who are only selling if they can get top top dollar, may have to be patient. It’s their stuff, and if they want to sell, they can adjust prices. I suspect many don’t care if they sell, they’re only willing to offer it, to make big money. Again, it’s their stuff, and if somebody wants it bad enough, it may sell.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Gun sales have slowed down a fair amount. Everybody I've talked in the retail guns/shooting has said things have slowed down. There are some hard to find items (LR primers) that are still a hot ticket. Remington stuff and slowed down noticeably, although some of the desirable variations of M700/870 still sell pretty quick.

Just see all the sales/free shipping on the shooting retail websites.

The same thing is happening in a lot of other outdoor equipment markets, from skis to RVs. It's part the economy and part people bought a ton of crap.

Sellers are always the last to capitulate..

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
eBay sucks

K
Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
K
I’ve noticed that guns are not selling like they were. I definitely think it’s slowing down. Not just guns, everything including houses. I know my buying has halted

E
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
E
The hassle of shipping a long gun anywhere around a big city has slowed me down.

R
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
R
Everything is worth only what someone is willing to pay for it. Under priced or over priced are only opinions. If you think it's worth it, scoop it up. If you think it's over priced, move on. No need to bad mouth anybody because of a difference of opinion.

B
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
B
I coincide with Rockman, I also believe the cost of living for a working class family has gone through the roof. Gas, groceries, etc. One thing for certain, personally for me, here's a general example. Take a few brands such as Remington, Winchester ,Browning, or Ruger. If given the option of paying the price of a new firearm off the rack of the local gun shop or a pristine example of 20yrs old or older well I'll pay a little more for the older firearm because the quality control and craftsmanship are just better in my eyes.

K
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
K
I think gun sales are slowing down. I picked up a couple of new in the box Kimber rifles over the last month at prices way below wholesale. I think the sellers were under the impression that the auction prices would go way higher and that never happened.

NRA Lifetime Endowment Member
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Disposable income is dropping because prices of pretty much everything is outpacing wage increases.

For most folks, that 15th firearm is a luxury, not an essential. So it is more often now getting put on hold.

USMC 0351

We know the price of everything and the value of nothing.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

603 members (1badf350, 10gaugemag, 163bc, 12344mag, 06hunter59, 16gage, 55 invisible), 2,965 guests, and 1,268 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,968
Posts18,519,591
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.