Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by rrroae
Another bank falls today and this one will be the 3rd largest bank ever to fail.

Regulators close Signature bank, say depositors will be made whole.

The U.S. Treasury Department and other bank regulators said in a joint statement on Sunday that all depositors of Signature Bank will be made whole, and "no losses will be borne by the taxpayer."

New York banking regulators appointed the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC) as receiver for later disposition of the bank's assets. Signature Bank reported deposit balances totaling $89.17 billion as of March 8.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/york-state-regulators-close-signature-223852687.html

Nothing to see here, just move along.

[Linked Image from j.gifs.com]

"Life is tough, even tougher if your stupid"
John Wayne
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It sounds like 10 other bank chains are on the same bubble. Monday will be interesting if you should happen to have an account in one of those banks. I'll be watching the news to see the lines.

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
My wonders are is this just like when chase tried to purchase Washington Mutual back when the housing bubble popped and when they refused. Chase when to the Feds and had them cook the books and forced Washington mutual to sell out to Chase.

About 6 months after the deal was done they came out and reported the a mistake was made and Washington Mutual was actually solvent and was in real good shape unlike other banks but the deal was done and Chase Stole the company away from Washington Mutual.

How many banks are going to be transferred the the One World Order buddy's.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by funshooter
My wonders are is this just like when chase tried to purchase Washington Mutual back when the housing bubble popped and when they refused. Chase when to the Feds and had them cook the books and forced Washington mutual to sell out to Chase.

About 6 months after the deal was done they came out and reported the a mistake was made and Washington Mutual was actually solvent and was in real good shape unlike other banks but the deal was done and Chase Stole the company away from Washington Mutual.

Jag says this is part of the plan, and the Patriots are in control, and this is bad for the Rothschild's

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Calvin
Originally Posted by kwg020
Originally Posted by TimberRunner
A banking collapse contagion? Not what I predicted to grease the crash of 2023.

The more things change,the more they stay the same.
ON Monday, even solvent banks are going to catch hell. Plan on it. We have some cash stashed back but this could go on for weeks. I remember 1981. By 1982 things were really bleak. It was 1985 before we could call things "normal".

kwg

That was before I could pay attention. What’s a brief rundown on how it went down ?
What you are seeing now. We had a long term inflation starting before Jerry Ford but it really took off under Jimmy Carter. Why ? In 1973 we had our first oil embargo. Then When Jimmy was elected he made some bad decisions about boycotting the 1978 Olympics because the Soviet Union invaded Afghanistan. Oil prices took another jump and I think it was a sympathetic reaction to the Olympics boycott by the Saudis.

Inflation got high and the interest on a car loan got up to 22%. A house loan was 12%. Then the banks that had questionable loans started getting closed. No one was building houses and very few people could afford a house loan anyway. When Ronald Reagan was elected, he started letting oil exploration companies explore and drill on public land. If I remember right, Jimmy Carter limited oil and gas drilling on public land but not as severely as Joe Biden. We were way behind the power curve on oil and gas drilling because we had been getting cheap oil from the Saudis for so long.

Now that some banks are getting taken over I think we are going to see more folks out of work and payrolls that can't get paid because the money is locked up by the foreclosure process. The stock market is going to take a big hit as well real soon. If you have cash, now is the time to buy. There will be bargains. But, if you are just a working class Joe, you are in big trouble.

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
IC B2

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by goalie

Jag says this is part of the plan, and the Patriots are in control, and this is bad for the Rothschild's

I sure hope that Jag is right.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
SVB was the highest-paying publicly traded bank in 2018, with employees getting an average of $250,683 for that year, according to Bloomberg.

After its seizure, the FDIC offered SVB employees 45 days of employment, the people said. The bank had 8,528 employees as of December.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I sure hope that Jag is right.

Me too. There's a first time for everything

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
And now, front and center, we present Credit Suisse!

Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

265 members (10gaugemag, 41rem, 348srfun, 264mag, 12344mag, 160user, 32 invisible), 1,763 guests, and 1,096 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,090
Posts18,522,058
Members74,026
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.