Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
K
Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
K
Bumping this thread. Really looking forward to seeing what the actual rifles are going to look like.

GB1

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Looks like more details are up on their website. Rifles look really nice but damn they're pricey.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
MSRP is $2500.00 . Most rifles do not sell for MSRP . Basically with the new CNC machining tolerances you are getting a trued receiver , bolt and barrel . I like the wood stocked model and it has a nice chunk of walnut . I sent them an email that I would purchase one when they are for sale .

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by Huntz
MSRP is $2500.00 .

If the new MRC rifle turns out as nice as it sounds like it will, $2500 seems like a fair price, considering what else is out there at that price point.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by KEVIN_JAY
Going to offer 11 cartridges but no 30-06.

Brillant.

rifles look very nice and yes i agree stupid not to offer a 30-06 ? that is what i would buy.

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman
IC B2

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
I just called the manufacturer to inquire about when these will actually be available.

The current estimate is to release 6.5 CM "in about 30 days" followed by .308 Win. Then magnum chamberings will follow at the end of the year or next year.

D
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
Hope you guys the best, but only if your CS service is light years better than what it was! My one and done with MRC left such a bad taste in my mouth that years later, I can still taste it! But, with that said, here's to high hopes!

It isn't what happens to you that defines you, it's what you DO about what happens to you that defines you!

NRA life member

Illinois State Rifle Association member
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Anyone see this? It looks pretty nice.

O
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
O
Originally Posted by shinbone

Start to design and sell a nice "classic rifle". And then get all "tacticool" with milled in pic rails... Really? Pic rail bolt-on mounts if you have to. But at least let us choose a set of traditional mounts if we would like...

W
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by Orion2000
Originally Posted by shinbone

Start to design and sell a nice "classic rifle". And then get all "tacticool" with milled in pic rails... Really? Pic rail bolt-on mounts if you have to. But at least let us choose a set of traditional mounts if we would like...

Yup, I agree.

IC B3

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Started out interested until the built in Picatinny rail bump. Unremovable rails don’t belong an a CRF rifle. Maybe cool for the LR crowd but I’ll pass.

Not interested in being forced to buy a configuration I don’t want. Plenty of other choices out there in that price range.

Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it Almighty God! I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty of give me death! P. Henry

Deus vult!

Rhodesians all now

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Wildcatter264
Started out interested until the built in Picatinny rail bump. Unremovable rails don’t belong an a CRF rifle. Maybe cool for the LR crowd but I’ll pass.

Not interested in being forced to buy a configuration I don’t want. Plenty of other choices out there in that price range.
Originally Posted by Wildcatter264

Unremovable rails don’t belong an a CRF rifle - why not on a CRF rifle? I'm old school, Win 70s for decades but now I only use Pic rails, prefer those milled in receiver. One less place for a small screw to fail!

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I love the idea of the built in mounts. One less thing that can go wrong on a serious hunting rifle. Also opens up a ton of options as to what brand rings to use.
Thumbs up from me. Ruger did a similar thing as well and you don’t see people complaining about it.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
I've got an Savage bolt action with this type of integral mounts on the reciever and Surgeon rifles did this as well. Sure, it's not beautiful and classic looking but it's an much better method of attaching an optic with no worries about Loc-tite or screws coming loose nor anything to maintain. Looks kinda crappy from an traditional view but it's highly functional.

The choice of 6.5 and 308win are solid and what sells mostly today but I'm shocked there's not an 30-06 offered right away.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Weak scopes riding in weak rings on a weak mounting point are not a positive to wish for.

Pic rails with Pic rings are a vast improvement for reliability and durability in keeping a scope in place. An integral Pic rail mount is even better. Wish more manufacturers would offer it, but it significantly increases the machining cost over the R700 round tube receiver. The integral Pic rail mount is one of the single best improvements in this design for a hard use and/or heavier recoiling rifle. As others said, it one less thing to go wrong.

I'm ready to buy and give it a try, if and when they turn them loose in the wild.

What is the advantage of a .338 Win Mag? The big .300's, Win Mag, PRC, and RUM fill the role for lighter bullets on one side and the bigger .338's best it on the other. A .338 RUM or Lapua runs off and leaves the .338 Win Mag in the rear view mirror.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by jeffbird
Weak scopes riding in weak rings on a weak mounting point are not a positive to wish for.

Pic rails with Pic rings are a vast improvement for reliability and durability in keeping a scope in place. An integral Pic rail mount is even better. Wish more manufacturers would offer it, but it significantly increases the machining cost over the R700 round tube receiver. The integral Pic rail mount is one of the single best improvements in this design for a hard use and/or heavier recoiling rifle. As others said, it one less thing to go wrong.

I'm ready to buy and give it a try, if and when they turn them loose in the wild.

What is the advantage of a .338 Win Mag? The big .300's, Win Mag, PRC, and RUM fill the role for lighter bullets on one side and the bigger .338's best it on the other. A .338 RUM or Lapua runs off and leaves the .338 Win Mag in the rear view mirror.

You’re not wrong but on a classic blued and wood stocked hunting rifle an integral pic rail is fugly and unnecessary. I have a stainless synthetic stocked MRC that I’d like it on but not on the model shown.

Sure a .338 Lapua leaves a .338 Win Mag in the dirt but again for a hunting rifle very few ppl need that much gun or want that level of recoil. It’s overkill for most non African dangerous game but is undersized for African dangerous game. It’s neither fish nor fowl for most hunting applications. More of a specialized long range precision or sniping cartridge.

Unless very large non dangerous game at long ranges is your game it doesn’t serve much of a niche for hunting.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by TheLastLemming76

You’re not wrong but on a classic wood stocked hunting rifle an integral pic rail is fugly and unnecessary.

Sure a .338 Lapua leaves a .338 Win Mag in the dirt but again for a hunting rifle very few ppl need that much gun or want that level of recoil. It’s overkill for nearly any non African dangerous game and is undersized for that. It’s neither fish nor fowl for most hunting applications. More of a specialized long range precision or sniping round.

Improved performance looks pretty good to me. Here is my nice wood deer rifle, a .308 built by Sterling Davenport, with a Pic rail, Pic rings, and a Nightforce.

Typical thornbrush where I hunt on the west side of South Texas. It is hot and harsh, but beautiful in its own way.

[Linked Image]

Same rifle, three shots.

[Linked Image from texashuntingforum.com]

Again, just responding to the comments that the omission of .338 Win Mag somehow leaves a hole in the line up. I just do not see what the .338 Win Mag brings to the table that is not otherwise filled by the big .300's or the bigger .338's. What is the advantage of a .338 Win Mag?

In a lighter weight .338 Lapua with a NF scope, I run the Barnes TTSX 225 gr @ 3050 in a 10# all up rifle with an APA brake and recoil is firm, but not bad. I've shot .30-06's that were worse. We have some larger bodied animals here, Nilgai and Oryx, that I worked up that load for, but I've used a .300 Win Mag with a 165 TTSX and it worked fine. Totally off on a tangent, Scimitar Horned Oryx is the finest meat I've ever eaten.

[Linked Image]

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

You’re not wrong but on a classic wood stocked hunting rifle an integral pic rail is fugly and unnecessary.

Sure a .338 Lapua leaves a .338 Win Mag in the dirt but again for a hunting rifle very few ppl need that much gun or want that level of recoil. It’s overkill for nearly any non African dangerous game and is undersized for that. It’s neither fish nor fowl for most hunting applications. More of a specialized long range precision or sniping round.

Improved performance looks pretty good to me. Here is my nice wood deer rifle, a .308 built by Sterling Davenport, with a Pic rail, Pic rings, and a Nightforce.

Typical thornbrush where I hunt on the west side of South Texas. It is hot and harsh, but beautiful in its own way.

[Linked Image]

Same rifle, three shots.

Again, just responding to the comments that the omission of .338 Win Mag somehow leaves a hole in the line up. I just do not see what the .338 Win Mag brings to the table that is not otherwise filled by the big .300's or the bigger .338's. What is the advantage of a .338 Win Mag?

In a lighter weight .338 Lapua with a NF scope, I run the Barnes TTSX 225 gr @ 3050 in a 10# all up rifle with an APA brake and recoil is firm, but not bad. I've shot .30-06's that were worse. We have some larger bodied animals here, Nilgai and Oryx, that I worked up that load for, but I've used a .300 Win Mag with a 165 TTSX and it worked fine. Totally off on a tangent, Scimitar Horned Oryx is the finest meat I've ever eaten.

[Linked Image]
Pic rails aren’t my 1st choice for a traditional hunting rifle. Especially a factory, even higher end factory rifle. A 10# hunting rifle with a brake wouldn’t be my first pick for general hunting.

Having said that. The .308 in that picture with pic rail is obviously an absolutely beautiful rifle that can shoot👍👍

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J

[Linked Image]

Same rifle, three shots.

[Linked Image]
Pic rails aren’t my 1st choice for a traditional hunting rifle. Especially a factory, even higher end factory rifle. A 10# hunting rifle with a brake wouldn’t be my first pick for general hunting.

Having said that. The .308 in that picture with pic rail is obviously an absolutely beautiful rifle👍

I agree a 10#'er is not my first choice. It is kind of fun to shoot the .338 Lapua though and leaves me smiling just from shooting it.

Thank you and have a good one Lem. smile 👍

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
For my hunting purposes what the 338 Lapua brings that my 338wm’s don’t is the need to buy ANOTHER ammo and reloading setup for another chambering. I understand the logic of the Lapua being “better” but I’d be happier with the Win Mag. I have embraced the KISS principle and I don’t want a million different chamberings so at the ranges I’m using my Win Mag at the additional power of the Lapua is superfluous.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

487 members (12344mag, 160user, 22kHornet, 257man, 17CalFan, 42 invisible), 1,920 guests, and 1,102 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,875
Posts18,478,865
Members73,947
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.