Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
HP just took a [bleep], 10 years for around $70. Bought a BROTHER laser (I only print B/W). So far so good.

"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined.”

Patrick Henry
GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
I don't print the internet. But I do print a few checks plus the tax and banking PDF forms that come to me instead of mailed paper. Almost all black ink. (I have to run a print clean routine most of the time if I want to run color, because the nozzles have dried.) For the very little that I do print, a low-end Brother serves me well, and I get high-cap black cartridges online for cheap. I get nearly a year's use from just one. My Brother also scans, copies, and would fax if I needed that.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Its just another product that wants you on a subscription

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by jbmi
I have two HP;s, wife has one, real work horses, Ink supply lasts for what we use them for, quality in both machines and ink, can't complain about the price, you get what you pay for.
I've had my Office Jet Pro 8600 for over ten years and have never had a single problem with it.... (of course, now that I said that it'll take a dump within the hour).. laugh laugh

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
No more HP printers ever for me. Brother printers from now on.

You only live once, but...if you do it right, once is enough.
IC B2

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
I"m selling two new HP brand ink cartridges. Black and Tri-color. Both # 62. Yes i'm serious

I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery - Thomas Jefferson
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
epson has pulled similar. What they are doing f is illegal, but who is going to bust them?

Adventure is the only thing you buy that makes you richer
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Pappy348
I went with a Laserjet some years back as most of my printing is B&W, mainly my copy of tax returns. Replaced the original toner cartridge and am now probably good forever. Inkjets are an expensive PITA. Mine is mostly a scanner these days.

As Egon Spengler said, “Print is dead”.

Someone else, I forget who, said, “You don’t need to print the Internet”.

I was told in the early 90's printing/copy would be dead in 10 years.

We're still killing a lot of trees to make paper.

BTW I agree with you, made a lot of money helping folks stop using so much paper.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Trees used for paper are a farm crop, just like wheat or corn. Would you stop eating Wheaties to save the wheat or stop drinking 'shine to save the corn? Saving trees is pure BS. Tree farmers cut them and replant the field, just like any other crop.
For that matter, some pulp trees, like hybrid poplars, aren't even killed. They cut them and the trees come right back from sprouts. By next year they'll be 10' tall.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I once tried an Office Depot laser cartridge for my HP printer and the thing leaked a lot of ink dust on printed pages. I went back to HP. As I understand it, HP is not in the printer business-it is in the ink business. The printers just get them in the door to sell you the consumables.

"Don't believe everything you see on the Internet" - Abraham Lincoln
IC B3

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
tag

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Printer manufacturers aren't really in business to sell printers. They're in business to sell toner cartridges.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Recently had an all-in-one Epson printer/scanner go tits up and replaced it with an HP; night and day difference. The HP is a POS and will be replaced as soon as the expensive ink is depleted.

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I've had a lot of HP printers and a few Cannons but got tired of paying through the nose for ink cartridges. Went to an Epson ET-2803 with refillable ink chambers. Wow, so much more inexpensive to run, we love it!

Someday someone may kill you with your own gun, but they should have to beat you to death with it because it is empty.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Trees used for paper are a farm crop, just like wheat or corn. Would you stop eating Wheaties to save the wheat or stop drinking 'shine to save the corn? Saving trees is pure BS. Tree farmers cut them and replant the field, just like any other crop.
For that matter, some pulp trees, like hybrid poplars, aren't even killed. They cut them and the trees come right back from sprouts. By next year they'll be 10' tall.

If you're replying to my post above yours I'm sorry if I came across as a tree hugger. I'm on the opposite end of that spectrum. Spent 40 years supporting the printing industry. "not killing trees" was term used by our sales staff trying to sell customers on our companies ability to cut printing costs. In fact we just wanted to take printing business from our competition.

If you can hire a company that could cut your overhead cost and still get the job done just as well, why not? We could make information flow much faster and more accessible by cutting out part of the printing just be printing then scanning that doc again.

I'll buy the most efficient vehicle that will get the job done. Don't mean I hate the petroleum industry or want to stop others from using oil in any form.

Some of my best customers were pulp/paper mills and companies like Georgia Pacific.

You're correct, most don't have a clue where paper comes from. I damn sure don't want to be associated with the saving trees crowd.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Printer manufacturers aren't really in business to sell printers. They're in business to sell toner cartridges.

HP is not a printer company, they are an ink company.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
If you need a reliable printer/scanner/copier look for business class dry machines from Konica Minolta, Ricoh or maybe Kyocera. Avoid Samsung and HP.

The key words there are business class.

They are not as easy to install (connect) but most are not going to phone home to the mother ship either.

Used machines in this class are still a good value. Lots are replaced because of network protocol changes not because the machine won't work.

No telling how many machines were sold because of Window$ updates attempting to fix leaky network protocols.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
How good are color laser printers for photos these days? I know they're getting better but are they close to inkjets yet?

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
The last time that I bought HP 910 cartridges for my printer a set of 3 color cartridges was around $75 and 2 XL black cartridges was also around $75. I don't print in color unless I forget to opt for "black" instead of the "color" default when I make copies, so color cartridges last quite awhile.

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
The color and black cartridges I buy for my Brother are about a quarter of that. Ink runs me about $30 a year with a Brother.

I buy mine HERE

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

334 members (10gaugemag, 17CalFan, 1Longbow, 1OntarioJim, 10ring1, 260madman, 46 invisible), 3,168 guests, and 1,091 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,639
Posts18,533,600
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.