Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by Tarquin
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by DBT
Ad hominem attacks are fallacious. DBT made one against RBKA, which I exposed and then you responded to my use of logic (pointing out that DBT's response was a fallacy) by making two fallacious (ad hominem) attacks of your own. If you had a logical argument to make (and name-calling isn't one), we'd hear it. But since you've proved (with your own mouth---or fingers rather!) that all you can do is call names, you've proven (again, with your own mouth [fingers!]) that you and logic are complete strangers! grin In fact, you two are such thorough strangers, you don't even know you're strangers, as this thread conclusively proves! grin

You and your girlfriends iniiate ad homs and hostilities then whine about the backlash. Your dishonestly and lies have been noted many times. If you call yourself a Christian as a despicable liar, you don't do Christianity any service.

Where did I make an ad hominem attack in this thread?

Read the content of your own post. Do you even know what 'ad hom' means? Are you really that dumb?

What did I say that was ad hominem? And when are you going to tell us (my question in the other thread) the non-relative, objective ground that justifies you in calling others intolerant and bigoted? So far its been crickets. grin

Apparently you have no idea of what 'ad hominem means....which is literally 'aimed or directed at the person'

Your post and practically everything you said in it was directed at the person. It was not an objective discussion or addressed at some point of impersonal discussion, but personal, ie an ad hom.

When a discussant advances positions that show he doesn't understand simple logic, it isn't ad hominem to point that out. To illustrate the point: your claim that I don't know the definition of ad hominem is not ad homimen. It's factually incorrect, it's ignorant, but it's not a personal attack on me, any more than pointing out Mauser's fallacious reasoning showed that he and logic were strangers, was a personal attack on him. When a person makes an argument that is fallacious, it's not ad hominem to point that out to them (and everyone else! grin) and to likewise to point out that the discussant's fallacious reasoning is evidence he lacks the tools for rational thought. Another illustration to help you with the distinction: if a discussant makes arguments that supply evidence he is a lying, it isn't ad homimen to point out what his own arguments prove. Your understanding of ad hominem shows you are ignorant of the definition and its not ad hominem to point that out! Hope this clears it up for you.;) And that's not ad hominem either! grin

Last edited by Tarquin; 03/22/23.

Tarquin
GB1

DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by DBT
Ad hominem attacks are fallacious. DBT made one against RBKA, which I exposed and then you responded to my use of logic (pointing out that DBT's response was a fallacy) by making two fallacious (ad hominem) attacks of your own. If you had a logical argument to make (and name-calling isn't one), we'd hear it. But since you've proved (with your own mouth---or fingers rather!) that all you can do is call names, you've proven (again, with your own mouth [fingers!]) that you and logic are complete strangers! grin In fact, you two are such thorough strangers, you don't even know you're strangers, as this thread conclusively proves! grin

You and your girlfriends iniiate ad homs and hostilities then whine about the backlash. Your dishonestly and lies have been noted many times. If you call yourself a Christian as a despicable liar, you don't do Christianity any service.

Read the content of your own post. Do you even know what 'ad hom' means? Are you really that dumb?

What did I say that was ad hominem? And when are you going to tell us (my question in the other thread) the non-relative, objective ground that justifies you in calling others intolerant and bigoted? So far its been crickets. grin

Apparently you have no idea of what 'ad hominem means....which is literally 'aimed or directed at the person'

Your post and practically everything you said in it was directed at the person. It was not an objective discussion or addressed at some point of impersonal discussion, but personal, ie an ad hom.

When a discussant advances positions that show he doesn't understand simple logic, it isn't ad hominem to point that out. To illustrate the point: your claim that I don't know the definition of ad hominem is not ad homimen. It's factually incorrect, it's ignorant, but it's not a personal attack on me, any more than pointing out Mauser's fallacious reasoning showed that he and logic were strangers, was a personal attack on him. When a person makes an argument that is fallacious, it's not ad hominem to point that out to them (and everyone else! grin) and to likewise to point out that the discussant's fallacious reasoning is evidence he lacks the tools for rational thought. Another illustration to help you with the distinction: if a discussant makes arguments that supply evidence he is a lying, it isn't ad homimen to point out what his own arguments prove. Your understanding of ad hominem shows you are ignorant of the definition and its not ad hominem to point that out! Hope this clears it up for you.;) And that's not ad hominem either! grin

That's you and your mob.

The discussion barely gets started before you and your lot demonstrate a poor understanding of logic, reason, the nature of evidence, science and falsifiability....at which point the theists resort to ad homs and insults.

It's there to be seen in every thread where the beliefs of theism and the nature of faith is questioned.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by DBT

That's you and your mob.

The discussion barely gets started before you and your lot demonstrate a poor understanding of logic, reason, the nature of evidence, science and falsifiability....at which point the theists resort to ad homs and insults.

It's there to be seen in every thread where the beliefs of theism and the nature of faith is questioned.

Were you ever going to answer my question about the non-relative, objective basis for your claims of moral supremacy? Its been more than two days and....crickets. grin

Tarquin
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Were you ever going to answer my question about the non-relative, objective basis for your claims of moral supremacy? Its been more than two days and....crickets. grin

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

KB

Last edited by KillerBee; 03/22/23.

KB

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by DBT

Tarquin, nice and I agree.

Illegitimi non carborundum

IC B2

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by KillerBee

KB

A homosexual cricket? shocked grin

While he is trying to figure out the non-relative, objective ground of his moral superiority, perhaps DBT can be persuaded to explain to us how not leaving any off-spring (or comparatively fewer offspring that heterosexuals) confers a selection advantage on homosexuals that perpetuates their "gay genes" laugh in the population!

Last edited by Tarquin; 03/22/23.

Tarquin
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by Raspy
Originally Posted by DBT

Tarquin, nice and I agree.

Thanks Raspy. Us knuckle-dragging troglodytes need to stick together. laugh

Tarquin
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by DBT

Apparently you have no idea of what 'ad hominem means....which is literally 'aimed or directed at the person' Your post and practically everything you said in it was directed at the person. It was not an objective discussion or addressed at some point of impersonal discussion, but personal, ie an ad hom.

Thanks for this excellent post Tarquin - you have carefully explained the act of assessment/critique of statements and positions by others - which have nothing to do with attacks on a person. There is such a significant difference.

The two Aussies call people names, label folks in various ways, and post nasty personal attacks in general and seem to think those are part of analytical discussion/discourse. You may have given them insight to their ad hominem attacks.

P.S. In keeping with the above, this post is not an ad hominem attack.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
U
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
U
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by DBT

Noted..........never get into an argument with Tarquin.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by UpTop
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by DBT

Trust me. I've had my ass kicked many times on 24hour! cry blush grin

Tarquin
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker

The difference between you Tarquin, is that you handle it like a MAN not a Puzzy like our athiest Aussie (friends) and I do use that term loosely!

Never seen a bigger bunch of Whining Cry-Babies on 24HR!

PS: Me too, I have been hammered on more than 1 occasion lol

Yes, that cricket is a homo cricket, notice on of its antenna are swinging to the left? They always have to tweak something in order to stand out hahaha

KB

Last edited by KillerBee; 03/22/23.

KB

DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Little Girl BuzzingFly gets her knickers in a twist and posts her own picture on the forum in a fit of petulant anger and angst, a little girl who wants everything her own way....the bad men in Australia dare question her faith.....boohooo, boohoo, nasty men, she wails.

There, there, Princess, I'm sure mommy will give you cuddle and you'll feel better......

DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

It's getting kicked now. It's just that you have grown so much callus tissue on your fat rump that it doesn't register. You are used to getting your arse kicked. Poor Queenie.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by UpTop

Yeah, because he has no clue what he's talking about - it's a futile waste of time.

Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Whatever you said...everyone knows you are a lying jerk.

That's a bold assertion. Point out where you think I lied.

Well?
DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The Tarquin cheer squad put on their skirts and kick their legs with squeels of joy over every word, no matter how silly it is....

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by DBT

It's getting kicked now. It's just that you have grown so much callus tissue on your fat rump that it doesn't register. You are used to getting your arse kicked. Poor Queenie.

When this is the riposte ^^^^^ you know you've won! laugh

Tarquin
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by DBT

Of course that's what you would think, but be honest, you never even had a hope - you failed from the start.

Whatever you said...everyone knows you are a lying jerk.

That's a bold assertion. Point out where you think I lied.

Well?
DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Last edited by DBT; 03/22/23.
DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by DBT

What have you won, Queenie, the Big Boob prize in this years Gay pride parade? Put it proudly on your desk and bask in the glory, Sweetie.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by DBT

What have you won, Queenie, the Big Boob prize in this years Gay pride parade? Put it proudly on your desk and bask in the glory, Sweetie.

You're really hurting me! Please. Stop! laugh laugh laugh

Tarquin
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

175 members (2500HD, 160user, 69sportfury, 01Foreman400, 300s, 2UP, 13 invisible), 1,708 guests, and 990 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,625
Posts18,474,094
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.