Page 4 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 10 11
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by Japlvr
Originally Posted by JohnBurns
Originally Posted by Japlvr
the Japanese LOW scopes have totally outclassed them for 2 decades.

TRUTH!!!

User Name checks out.

[Linked Image from external-content.duckduckgo.com]

Thank You!

Great name.

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by cumminscowboy
john, look we have all seen that shot, while I do believe you guys can shoot out there better than 95% of guys on here. even you need to admit that there was at least a bit of luck with that shot. a cold bore hit at that range has a ton of variables. its funny you have nothing to say about the piss poor job leupold does of holding the turrets on.

LOL.

You have never ever in your entire life made a decent LR shot on game.

Yet you jibber jabber endlessly.

We get it. You can't do LR shooting no matter what optic.

Others can do the deed on demand and chose Leupold.

If you can't hit at Long Range practice more and get a better rifle. Don't blame Leupold for your issues.

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by mathman
Originally Posted by Triggernosis
What are Japanese LOW scopes?

Those built by Light Optical Works.
Yep.

Check out the scope they make, some of the top scopes we use.

DF

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
My experience with Leupold has been positive. I have an M8 6 x 42 with tgt turrets. I have dialed it for distance/wind and haven't seen any issues I felt were scope related. It worked for me.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by BeerWhisperer
My experience with Leupold has been positive. I have an M8 6 x 42 with tgt turrets. I have dialed it for distance/wind and haven't seen any issues I felt were scope related. It worked for me.

I have an M8 6x42AO with target turrets which I used to dial a bunch. I had to have it rebuilt.

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
EVERY rifle that I've shot with a Reupold,shot better with a SWFA swap...but I'm barely talking 100+ rifles. Hint...............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Big Stick
EVERY rifle that I've shot with a Reupold,shot better with a SWFA swap...but I'm barely talking 100+ rifles. Hint...............

So everything you posted about while a Leupold rode the rings was just bullschiet. laugh

I have the enhanced search function so this is going to be fun for some of us.

John Burns

I have all the sources.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A lot of us started off with Leupold for quite a while until better products became available and we were able to test them against our "trusted" Leupolds... at least we were able to admit there were better scopes available after testing other products for ourselves... and realized we didn't have to put up with Leupold's shortcomings any more...

Never underestimate your ability to overestimate your ability.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Sheister
A lot of us started off with Leupold for quite a while until better products became available and we were able to test them against our "trusted" Leupolds... at least we were able to admit there were better scopes available after testing other products for ourselves... and realized we didn't have to put up with Leupold's shortcomings any more...

LOL.

Your shortcoming have nothing to do with Leupold.

John Burns

I have all the sources.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Joan Squirms,

Swiffer reticles and mechanics,simply allow a harder hold,less Pukes. Hint.

Keep "testing". Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!...............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I enjoy Burnsies vids on long range shots.

Especially advertising his bankrupt company.

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Originally Posted by JohnBurns
Originally Posted by Big Stick

So everything you posted about while a Leupold rode the rings was just bullschiet. laugh

I have the enhanced search function so this is going to be fun for some of us.

John,

It’s obvious that you like Leupold and have nothing but great results from them, but have you tried any of the others? If so, what is your experience with Leupold’s competitors? Especially interested in your results with the ones more touted here, like the SWFAs, Nightforces, Bushnell Elite Tacticals, etc.

Thanks,

John

If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
You'll never see a Reupold do well in tracking,return to zero or zero retention. Bumps and bruises ain't their fortay either,if only fhuqking obviously. Hint..............

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Calvin
Has anyone done a side by side zero’ing video with a leupold and a scope that actually works?

Takes 2 or 3 shots to zero a legit scope. More like 8-10 with a Leupold if you touch the windage. It’s brutal.

I have suffered that hell.

Faith and love of others knows no mileage nor bounds. That's simply the way it is.
dogzapper

After the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box.
Italian Proverb

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
OGB: I pay NO heed to the few Leupold "naysayers" on this forum - never have, never will!
I have many dozens of Leupold scopes and have been using them VERY successfully for 59 years now (I bought my first Leupold scope in 1964). And I intend to keep using them til "the end"!
For instance - 2 weeks ago I bought a new in box Remington XR-100 Rifle in caliber 204 Ruger.
I wanted to set this Rifle up for predator Hunting (night calling) so I precision mounted, in lapped Leupold rings/bases, a Leupold 4x12 variable scope with adjustable objective. Not only does this scope look fantastic on this Rifle it performs equally as well.
Last week I broke in the barrel and sighted the Rifle in using factory ammunition. At the end of that barrel break-in and initial sight-in I decided I wanted the point of impact lowered one full inch.
So in the deteriorating wind conditions of that day I adjusted the scope 4 clicks "down" - but held off any more shooting that day.
Forward now to this morning when I decided to shoot the Rifle again (get some more fireformed brass) and I returned to my range - vois la - the new point of impact was now "one inch" lower than it was prior to my adjusting the scope! just where I wanted it and thought it would be.
By the way the 5 shot group I made today at 100 yards measured .581" - so much for the few Leupold naysayers on this site!
In full disclosure the yardage increments on the bell of the adjustable objective was adjusted, to my eye, to be "parallax free" whilst the yardage "read" about 120 yards - if that can be considered a criticism?
Over the last 20 years on this forum I have learned one thing for certain - look upon the few Leupold naysayers hereabouts, with distrust.
I also now look upon the few Leupold naysayers here, with disdain.
Long live Leupold & Stevens Corporation - a fine AMERICAN company.
I recommend you try the Leupold.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

People have a problem with a product, you distrust them? You disdain them?

That says more about you than it does them.

"Full time night woman? I never could find no tracks on a woman's heart. I packed me a squaw for ten year, Pilgrim. Cheyenne, she were, and the meanest bitch that ever balled for beads."
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The only thing VarmintGal "shoots" is her mouth and Imagination. She can't even afford a fhuqking camera. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!..............

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
So, you fire a few shots through brand new scopes and sell them and then declare all of them the greatest thing on earth? And you've made a few long shots with these scopes and declared yourself an expert on everything scopes- as long as it is Leupold? Well Johnny , you don't know me well enough to be throwing shade at me in any arena and basically calling me a liar in public with your apparent bias... tell you what, I'll send you the next [bleep] Leupold scope I run into and see if you can get it to work perfectly like all the wonderful Leupolds you are trying to sell here and on your "website"...

Your reputation here as a blowhard is honestly earned, you don't have to keep advertising the fact every time you post....

Never underestimate your ability to overestimate your ability.
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
The Leupold hate here is hilarious. Now I have always purchased Varix3 or VX 3 level or higher but I have never had a single problem with a Leupold as a hunting scope. Never had a problem sighting one in. Never had to fire 25 shots or any such horse chit to do it either. Never had one fail to hold zero. Never had any friend or family member complain about a problem with a Leupold scope. I have visited a good many hunting related websites over the years and still visit a handful now. Never saw any significant level of complaints about Leupold at any of the others.

And then you come here. And holy chit 30% of the people posting in the optics forum here are having 75% and higher Leupold failure rates. Wow, what a weird anomaly. And at the one website were trolls and paid shills aren't weeded out by a moderator. Odd coincidence Huh?

Of course reading the sob stories are pretty fun. "I bought a Leupold once and within the first 2 days it sexually assaulted my wife, poisoned my best hound dog and threw a whole roll of toilet paper in the guest bathroom toilet after taking a giant chit in there. Pipes were stopped up for 3 weeks". "Sob, DAMN YOU LEUPOLD!"

I find the guys who claim to have had many many of them go south on them particularly curious. I don't think there is any chance that I could ever have 6 or more scopes chit the bed on me because after crap fest number 2 or 3 I feel certain that I would switch brands. Odd that they didn't. LOL!

Last edited by Willto; 03/25/23.
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by meat sticks
Originally Posted by OGB
I read constantly about leupold failure.

I'm not doubting any of it.

My question is, is the problem that when dialing for range they don't do so reliably/return to zero? Or do they fail to hold zero period?

I ask because I'm looking hard at a fixed 6X the intent being to zero and shoot/hunt. No dialing wanted. Set and forget.

Leupold failure. Sure it happens, like ANY mass produced item, there will be failure from time to time. Sell a bazillion, and there will be a number of them. Some due to straight up equipment failure, or manufacturing defects. Some due to poor mounting jobs, and some reported "failures" will be because the operator doesn't know how to shoot or properly zero a rifle. Sadly I have helped a number of people zero rifles at the range that where blaming their equipment for their inability to get it done rather than their lack of knowledge or experience. The "Leupold bad" phenomenon started here on 24HR campfire. It has spread to other forums from time to time to be sure, but you can almost always tell where they got their info and opinion from, as the wording and statements are almost mirror image of what gets posted here. This website is a fine one, but it's poorly moderated and has a contingent of foul mouthed individuals that your average person wouldn't stop to give the time too, because of their poor attitudes. Unfortunately when they push their agenda there are some weak minds that can't help but just repeat it as gospel. Even though some of these folks are paid shills for offshore manufacturing companies selling offshore scopes. So, is Leupold the be all end all, no they aren't. I have no doubt there are better scopes for 1000 yard plus shooting. For a solid performing hunting scope, they are pretty darn good. I have no doubt some folks have had some bad luck with Leupold, just as I've had consistently good luck with their scopes, I've had the same good luck with Burris and Bushnell (with the exception of a couple really cheap bushies). Zeiss has been good to me too. I've even managed to make the Leupold CDS system work somehow. So take what you see with a grain of salt. Some of it is true, but some of it is pure hokum.

Well said. I agree with every word.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Willto
The Leupold hate here is hilarious. Now I have always purchased Varix3 or VX 3 level or higher but I have never had a single problem with a Leupold as a hunting scope. Never had a problem sighting one in. Never had to fire 25 shots or any such horse chit to do it either. Never had one fail to hold zero. Never had any friend or family member complain about a problem with a Leupold scope. I have visited a good many hunting related websites over the years and still visit a handful now. Never saw any significant level of complaints about Leupold at any of the others.

And then you come here. And holy chit 30% of the people posting in the optics forum here are having 75% and higher Leupold failure rates. Wow, what a weird anomaly. And at the one website were trolls and paid shills aren't weeded out by a moderator. Odd coincidence Huh?

Of course reading the sob stories are pretty fun. "I bought a Leupold once and within the first 2 days it sexually assaulted my wife, poisoned my best hound dog and threw a whole roll of toilet paper in the guest bathroom toilet after taking a giant chit in there. Pipes were stopped up for 3 weeks". "Sob, DAMN YOU LEUPOLD!"

I find the guys who claim to have had many many of them go south on them particularly curious. I don't think there is any chance that I could ever have 6 or more scopes chit the bed on me because after crap fest number 2 or 3 I feel certain that I would switch brands. Odd that they didn't. LOL!

Because you've never had a problem, its hilarious when others do?

Then you say if you had two or three scopes fail, you'd switch brands? Would you warn others about the products that kept failing you?

"Full time night woman? I never could find no tracks on a woman's heart. I packed me a squaw for ten year, Pilgrim. Cheyenne, she were, and the meanest bitch that ever balled for beads."
Page 4 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

95 members (10Glocks, 338reddog, 375sunrise, 35, 35WhelenNut, 264mag, 16 invisible), 961 guests, and 908 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,977
Posts18,519,894
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.