Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Just sayin'. Hint.

Brokedick Droolers DREAM some HILARIOUS schit up. Hint.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

Fhuqking LAUGHING!...........

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
GB1

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by David_Walter
For what it's worth, I run 400s in my 6mm ARC and 450s in 223/5.56.

I have goodly supply of both, but shoot the 223 5-6 times for every 6mm ARC that goes downrange from my ARs..
I ran many of 400s in 556 and proportionately only pierced a very small for percentage. however in 6.5 Grendel and 204 Ruger I have had substantial piercings 450s zero piercings.
As Stick pointed out over pressure is not the only reason piercings can happen. but primer is the easiest and first thing I would personally change and see if it went away.

Last edited by ldholton; 03/27/23.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
(2) rifles is "cute". Hint.

I shoot 400's expressly in (13) 223AI's alone. Also in 224,243 and 264 Grendel,Bolts and Krunchentickers both in better than a dozen rifles. Can't even begin to know how fhuqking many 223's in Bolts and Krunchentickers. Hint.

You CLUELESS Fhuqktards are a hoot! Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGING!................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Are the 700 bolts going to Shaen now or still sending to Greg? I have a couple that need bushed.

T
Campfire Regular
Online Shocked
Campfire Regular
T
^ same but Is Greg still taking orders these days?

Despite my user name, no I am not from Texas.........

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Membership,has it's privileges. Hint................(grin)

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Big Stick
Really? What might those be?

N
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
N
to circle back and to have something to chew on during tonight's mission up the mountain.

this is less about "flexing on poors " or here and now instant gratification.

but rather: it's the year 2075, what rifle are you glad ur dad got for you type of conversation.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by moosemike
Originally Posted by Big Stick
Really? What might those be?

For starters,I'm not the one asking questions and I am simply steeped with said wares,that actually exist. The polar opposite of you. Hint.

Fortunately for you,Imagination and Pretend are free,so even you can "afford" to "contribute"...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!..........

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Ndbowhunter
to circle back and to have something to chew on during tonight's mission up the mountain.

this is less about "flexing on poors " or here and now instant gratification.

but rather: it's the year 2075, what rifle are you glad ur dad got for you type of conversation.

Well……. Dunno about THAT, but if it’s the year 2075 I think they’d be pretty appreciative that Dad got them something decent to shoot, in volume, and get good with, and spent the time with them.

I was pretty much on my own….. Dad bought me my first Red Ryder, age 5, circa 1970, I remember it to this day,…. wore that out, then I bought my 2nd, then a Crosman .177, wore THAT out, bought another, bought my first .22…. our allowance money went towards ammo, fishing tackle, and candy more or less in that order. Maybe swap the first two, depending.

There’s a lot to be said for NOT going too nice. Just a solid, basic, rifle…. give them a massive pile of .223, dare them to wear it out, rebarrel it if/when they do. Kids want a) your time and b) to not feel like they’re gonna get in trouble if they damage dads shiny things.

I say, fast twist 20” .223 on a M700. Not sure I’d invest in the carbon stock you mentioned earlier- why? Unless you have phat stax of course, then do as you will. smile Stick rec’d the stock on mine in the pic I posted and it’s a good one; it’s a GreyBoe Outlander I believe. Not a ton of money, nice stock.

The rifle they’ll treasure is one dad gave them and then they shot the shït out of it for years with dad!. Every ding and scratch will just be memories made…

Last edited by Jeff_O; 03/27/23.

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
88's are Smoochin' square at 2.530" COAL,which is a nice place to be and affords 90gr Beer Can utility. Hint.

Just sayin'..................

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Just stop. Now I need to a) try 88’s and b) teach myself how to bush firing pins.

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
75 'Max,75 ELD,88 ELD and 90 Beer. Hint.

Lots there for poor poor(literally) DooshMike to Whine about,as she's never seen any of it in the flesh. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!............

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Originally Posted by Jeff_O
Just stop. Now I need to a) try 88’s and b) teach myself how to bush firing pins.

For a guy left befuddled by unraveling a box of Noslers, I'd say put the bolt down and step the f uck away.....

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
I'm going with a criterion remage 7 twist with the 223 match chamber because it's throated out the most of the options they offer.

They had some on the shelf ready to go but i wanted shorter than they stock and threaded at the muzzle so I probably have a 6 month wait.

I'll try it in an mdt lss and see how it does but it'll probably ultimately end up in one of my old gen 1 ti saum stocks.

Bb

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I've multiple James spouts in 223 SALAMI in 7,7.5 and 8" RPM...and all are fhuqking hammers. Always had them in a week,but I'm not much into fhuqking around. Hint.

I wouldn't want one in a MDT LSS or a Ti handle. Hint.

Sortin' through feed mechanisms now,for both the newest 7" 223 SALAMI and a Howie Mini Carbon 7.5" RPM ARC. Wayne's Howie bottom needs more spring on the floorplate latch,to increase positive retention. Go one tore apart now,looking for a better spring. Hint.

Won't be able to stand the 22" spout on the ARC either. Hint................

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Getting closer. Opted Mag Shim Slide and Ear Trim to hold (6) in the belly. Proofed a buncha' times with (5) Smoochin' dummies. Hint.

Reticle alone,will get it to the 1000yd line and I reckon it'll be yet another Skookum Parcel. Hint.

Will slam glass aboard and start working Mini Carbon Queen ARC. Hint...................

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Timney> Triggertech

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Came together as anticipated. Hint.

AW...keep sucking ass,licking windows and "living" vicariously. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!..............

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Ryobi?

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

604 members (1lessdog, 12344mag, 1936M71, 1beaver_shooter, 160user, 1badf350, 57 invisible), 2,473 guests, and 1,222 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,410
Posts18,470,373
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.