Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Has anyone heer ever had squatters take over your empty house if you had it up for sale? Or had squatters move into an empty rental apartment or house you own? If so, how did you get them out?

I watched a number of You Tube videos about squatters in various cities and did not know it was nearly impossible for an owner to remove them without a lot of money for legal recourse and time. Different states have different laws but apparently squatters have a lot more "rights" than home owners.

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Leanwolf
apparently squatters have a lot more "rights" than home owners.

Makes perfect sense crazy

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Bikers charge less than lawyers.

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
H
Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
H
Yes, in rentals.
Sheriff and the courts were no help. Paid one cash to leave, they were professionals, I wasn’t their first victim and they came to court with a phony rental agreement with an imaginary rental agency and and a fake rent receipt but in arbitration said they would leave for cash. Lawyer said paying them was my cheapest option, as the laws were all on the side of the poor renters to protect them from evil rich landlords.
Got code enforcement involved with another case and they red tagged the house and when the squatters came back in the police arrested them for violating the red tag. California law requires the landlord to provide heat even if the tenant is a squatter so if the house has an electric heater you by law Jane to pay their entire electric bill, or gas if it’s a gas heater, until after the eviction plays out.
Got lucky on another one and while I was two months deep in an eviction waiting for a court date because of Covid their teenage son videotaped himself sexually assaulting an underage girl and posted it to instagram thinking it was just like his favorite rap video and when the girls family saw it they came to the house to kill him so they ran away with just the clothes on their back and I was able to change the locks and pay a guy to stay in the house until I got all their stuff hauled out and got it fixed up and re rented.

IC B2

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Neighbor Was A Lawyer..Hed Bought A Cabin And Had Sent His Crack Head Son up Here To The Mountain So He Wouldn't Disgrace The Family..Long Story Short.. He Got In Trouble Here..Same As He Did In Atlanta..and
Soon Wound up Back Home With Daddy..His Dope Buddy's Never Left The Cabin.Till almost Year Later when Dad Found Out, The Where Staying Their. And Trashing It..The Lawyer Stopped in Sun.Evening and Told Them All .That They Where Trespassing, and Not To Sleep Late.As The House Would Be Torn Down Monday Morning At 6 am Sharp..ive Never Seen anyone Pack So Fast... Two Dump Truck ,Dozer And Excavator Where Their At 5.45.. Cabin Was a Leveled And Hauld Off By 7.That Morning..

Last edited by Mull; 03/26/23.
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Had a rental property 30 years ago. Tenants refused to leave. Didn't work out well for them. Guess things are different now but savory characters throwing their [bleep] in the street and providing them with a new address is not correct today

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Had a house for sale, this dude thought it was okay for him to take up residency, cuz, no one was living there at the moment.
I asked him to leave, he did. Next day, I check on the property, he's back. He told me he thought he had rights. I just laughed at him. He thought that it was strange I was laughing. I explained some simple things to him.
Fear is a great tool.
He hasn't been back.

Randy
NRA
Patriot Life Benefactor

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
That's part of what's wrong in this country.

Not every problem has a civil court solution...

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Tony Soprano would know how to take care of squatters.

IC B3

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
That's part of what's wrong in this country.

Not every problem has a civil court solution...

Calling the cops would be the last thing that went through my mind.

my uncle years ago cut the water off at a rental some dope addicts hadn’t paid the rent on in months. The guy told him he’d be calling his attorney, uncle said “people that rent run down [bleep] like this don’t have attorneys, but if you do, I’d bet mines a helluva lot better”

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
told them they would make great live bear bait after torching all their stuff in the yard, sleeping bags, clothes .. everything .... They whined about laptops and ipads .. who tf cares .. ?

they left with far less than they came in with

"The welfare of humanity is always the alibi of tyrants".
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
FIL had some that took up on a house on one of his farms. Waited for them to leave, took the dozer and turned it into the ground. It was trashed so bad the repairs would have cost more than the house would be worth. He wanted them away from his equipment and cattle above all else.

"Full time night woman? I never could find no tracks on a woman's heart. I packed me a squaw for ten year, Pilgrim. Cheyenne, she were, and the meanest bitch that ever balled for beads."
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
I would offer them two options. Leave now or never leave.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
My concern is the 48 acres that don't always get looked at because I live 47 miles away. My brother is in the house so it is occupied but anyone could set up a camp in the back 40 and be there for an extended period of time before he or she is discovered. With 40 million illegals in America it's just a matter of time before this becomes an issue, if it hasn't already. I expect to see several million more before Joe Biden is nothing more than a bad memory.

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
This happens in cities because there are no skunks and raccoons in the cities.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
Nope. Ain’t never had that happen

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Solutions:

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
We have some friends who inherited some property near Bend, OR. She and her brother have joint ownership. Soon after their mother died and left it to them, some squatters moved in. It's been 2 years now and they still can't get rid of them. Oregon laws almost give your property to anyone who wants to move in. There's nothing that they've been able to so so far. The water bills keep adding up and my friends are expected to pay them. Oregon laws are insane.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

105 members (1_deuce, 10gaugemag, 300_savage, 2ndwind, 10Glocks, 18 invisible), 1,625 guests, and 977 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,242
Posts18,485,916
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.