-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Posted this on the other squatters thread a few days ago....

Quite a few years ago, a neighbor had someone decide they were going to move onto his property, a few miles from where he lived. Wooded area, back off the road, just a woods road to get to this place, no utilities, etc. They put up some tents, built a visqueen? shelter, and had a small garden growing, when my neighbor found them. He gave them 1 hour to leave and they gave him some lip. He called the law and they said to 'take care of it, but dont shoot anyone'. He left and returned with his tractor, with the front end loader, a disk on the back, and a couple of guns in the cab.

Told me he disked up the garden, dug a hole, buried everything else, then pushed the vehicle out to the road. Squatters called the law, but it was over with before they got there. Seemed the law was really busy that day and it took a several hours to get there.

They filed suit against my neighbor, but he showed up with papers to show ownership and the judge kicked it out. Neighbor didn't even get a lawyer.

Dont know if that would work these days or not.

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Turn a dozen rattlesnakes loose in the place.

They'll leave.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Some of these stories make my blood boil. I would not react well to someone taking over my property.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by funshooter
In hind sight i should have just burned the Boat when he was gone for the day.

I don't understand the reasoning behind waiting for that day.

Do not feed the bear!

White Bear sometimes treads on thin ice...
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
No borders. Can't have private property.

According to the campfire elect...

IC B2

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Jcubed

What was your last donation to Kiev?

Try not to pollute other threads with spillover bullshît. It makes you look like Johnny takesitintheass Burns

MAGA
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff

What was your last donation to Kiev?

Try not to pollute other threads with spillover bullshît. It makes you look like Johnny takesitintheass Burns

Yes or no?

Your answer will be elucidating.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Had an old golfing buddy that had problems with a renter not paying rent. He also had throat cancer. He showed up with a shotgun and informed them that f,,,ing around with an old man with a shotgun and cancer was not a good idea. They paid up and he was not kidding because he blew his brains out shortly after that.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
I let my Girls oldest son stay in our Boat in the drive way when it was bad weather because he was homeless.
Well staying in the boat when it was bad weather turned into a full time residence for him for 10 years.

My bad for letting him stay so long.
I paid for a Forklift certification for him and paid for tools and shoes several times trying to help him get work.

He started getting an attitude with his mom.
I stayed away from him to not have any confrontations with him and he basically took over my back yard.

He started Texting my girl (his Mom) with small threats and she hid it from me for months.

When I found out about the threats I went out and told him that he had to go.
I was done with him.

He told me that the only way I was going to get rid of him was when I died.

We called the Sheriff.
What a Mistake.
The Sheriff sided with him and told us to start the Eviction Process and told me to stay away from him.

The 40+ Year old kid then took complete control over my yard and i could not do anything about it Legally.

We started the Eviction BS. It took several months.
When we finally made it to Court the kid had (2) low life Attorney's approach him to represent him.

I was the land owner so I had to Represent myself.

The Court ordered us to work it out before the Judge came in to hear all of the Cases for the day.

The kid made the demands through his Attorneys that I drop the entire Eviction or he would Sew me.

I went off on the Attorneys (kinda planed) screaming at the Attorneys in the Foyer out side the Court room that they get this piece of [bleep] off my property.

The Bailiff came out to see what was going on and a Sheriff was called.
He took me for a walk down the hall to talk and he agreed with me that a Squatter should have no rights over someones property.

When we walked back into the Court room my girls kid was laughing.

The bailiff came over and talked to me and asked if I had Representation.
I told him that I was Representing my self and asked if the Attorneys were supposed to take my evidence that I was going to submit to the Court.

He then ordered the Attorneys to take my evidence.

When the Judge came into the Court Room we had (2) sheriffs present to get me when I blew up in font of the Judge.

When it was our turn with the Judge. I started my speech all cool and collected just as a Attorney would have done it. The Bailiff was shocked as well as the Sheriff that walked me down the hall.

I submitted 36 photo's of Human [bleep] tracked in the out side on the boat deck and all of the crap that he had all over the boat and my back yard as well as stripped electrical cords still plugged int the house.

When it was his Attorney's turn to talk. They basically just asked the Judge for more time.

Then my girls kid spoke up and demanded to be heard.
The Judge told him if his counsel aloud him to talk he could talk.

He told the Judge that He did not Care what his Counsel said he was going to talk.

He unloaded on the Judge and made a few demands to the Judge.
After he was finished the Judge asked me if I had anything more to say and I said not really everything haqd been said.

Then my girl asked if she could say something.

She got up and told the Court that it was very sad that a Mother should be so afraid of her own son and that he had threatened her and she did not know what to do tears flowing.

The Judge asked if she had proof on the Threats I raised my hand and told the Judge that a couple of the Text Threats had been admitted as Evidence.
There were more on her phone and if the Judge wanted to see them she would turn her phone back on and he could look at all of the Threats.

The Judge was not happy at all and in his way went after my girls son.

We won the Case hands down.

After the Judge told my girls son to leave the Court we had to stay in the Court until the Sheriff told us we could go to fill more paper work out for the next step.

We were aloud to leave and went over to fill paper work out. I had to go back to the Court room to get the name of the Judge and the Bailiff stopped me and ordered me not to leave the building until the Sheriff told us we could go.

My girls son was walking all over the parking lot and did not leave.
I told the Sheriff that he was waiting for his ride.

The Sheriff walked with me back to where my girl was and we talked.
He told me that he could not believe how I handled myself in the Court after I lost it in the Foyer.

I looked at him and told him that I had some what planed the out burst so that my girls son would thing that he had already won before the Court had even started.

The Sheriff just looked at me with a What the Foock look on his face.

I then told him that I am a Special Building Inspector and I have to have discussions all the time with Ironworkers and Contractors with Attitudes all the time and I play the same game on them.

He told me that they were ready to arrest me and I told him that it was a gamble but i am pretty good at knowing when to slow it down and shut it off when it is time.

I really liked that Sheriff he was a cool guy.

Well the Judge gave that Piece of crap kid another 60 days.

The Boat is pretty much destroyed by the kid.
It will cost more to clean it up and fix what he ripped up than the thing is worth.

The Problem would have been solved quick that way

I forgot to add
The kid NEVER paid me for rent nothing noda not one penny and he had the Law on his side.

What a shîtshow. That’d be awful. Especially a grandson doing that crap.

Not a Grandson.
It was her Son.

He Disowned her right in front of the Judge that day.

He is back on the streets and still has his mail delivered to our place and I think my girl just throws it in the trash.

This was about 2 years ago with the eviction. and when we see him riding his bicycle he flips us off.

He once Demanded that I take him up to my property in Arizona.
Ya Right he will never set foot on that place if i have my way.

It was a Chit Show and I still to this day look at the door to the boat to make sure he has not returned.

Some times people can not be helped and he is one of those people

I need to Clarify (MY Girl) we have been together well over 25 years I put a ring on her finger but we have never signed the Gooberment papers to make it legit.

On Commyfornia that does not matter anyways because they consider us common law at this point .

Last edited by funshooter; 03/27/23.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Gotcha.

Still an awful situation. Must be especially hard on her.

MAGA
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
We're talking about 2 different things here, squatters and deadbeat tenants. Squatters are those who move in uninvited and just take over the property. Deadbeats are those who rent a place and quit paying but don't leave. The problems are the same for landowners but in many cases the legal implications are quiet different.

The OP was about squatters, not deadbeats.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I let my Girls oldest son stay in our Boat in the drive way when it was bad weather because he was homeless.
Well staying in the boat when it was bad weather turned into a full time residence for him for 10 years.

I paid for a Forklift certification for him and paid for tools and shoes several times trying to help him get work.

I stayed away from him to not have any confrontations with him and he basically took over my back yard.

He started Texting my girl (his Mom) with small threats and she hid it from me for months.

I was done with him.

We called the Sheriff.
What a Mistake.
The Sheriff sided with him and told us to start the Eviction Process and told me to stay away from him.

The 40+ Year old kid then took complete control over my yard and i could not do anything about it Legally.

When we finally made it to Court the kid had (2) low life Attorney's approach him to represent him.

The Court ordered us to work it out before the Judge came in to hear all of the Cases for the day.

The kid made the demands through his Attorneys that I drop the entire Eviction or he would Sew me.

I went off on the Attorneys (kinda planed) screaming at the Attorneys in the Foyer out side the Court room that they get this piece of [bleep] off my property.

He took me for a walk down the hall to talk and he agreed with me that a Squatter should have no rights over someones property.

I told him that I was Representing my self and asked if the Attorneys were supposed to take my evidence that I was going to submit to the Court.

When the Judge came into the Court Room we had (2) sheriffs present to get me when I blew up in font of the Judge.

When it was our turn with the Judge. I started my speech all cool and collected just as a Attorney would have done it. The Bailiff was shocked as well as the Sheriff that walked me down the hall.

I submitted 36 photo's of Human [bleep] tracked in the out side on the boat deck and all of the crap that he had all over the boat and my back yard as well as stripped electrical cords still plugged int the house.

When it was his Attorney's turn to talk. They basically just asked the Judge for more time.

He told the Judge that He did not Care what his Counsel said he was going to talk.

After he was finished the Judge asked me if I had anything more to say and I said not really everything haqd been said.

She got up and told the Court that it was very sad that a Mother should be so afraid of her own son and that he had threatened her and she did not know what to do tears flowing.

The Judge asked if she had proof on the Threats I raised my hand and told the Judge that a couple of the Text Threats had been admitted as Evidence.
There were more on her phone and if the Judge wanted to see them she would turn her phone back on and he could look at all of the Threats.

After the Judge told my girls son to leave the Court we had to stay in the Court until the Sheriff told us we could go to fill more paper work out for the next step.

We were aloud to leave and went over to fill paper work out. I had to go back to the Court room to get the name of the Judge and the Bailiff stopped me and ordered me not to leave the building until the Sheriff told us we could go.

He told me that he could not believe how I handled myself in the Court after I lost it in the Foyer.

I looked at him and told him that I had some what planed the out burst so that my girls son would thing that he had already won before the Court had even started.

I then told him that I am a Special Building Inspector and I have to have discussions all the time with Ironworkers and Contractors with Attitudes all the time and I play the same game on them.

He told me that they were ready to arrest me and I told him that it was a gamble but i am pretty good at knowing when to slow it down and shut it off when it is time.

It will cost more to clean it up and fix what he ripped up than the thing is worth.

I forgot to add
The kid NEVER paid me for rent nothing noda not one penny and he had the Law on his side.

Not a Grandson.
It was her Son.

He is back on the streets and still has his mail delivered to our place and I think my girl just throws it in the trash.

This was about 2 years ago with the eviction. and when we see him riding his bicycle he flips us off.

It was a Chit Show and I still to this day look at the door to the boat to make sure he has not returned.

I need to Clarify (MY Girl) we have been together well over 25 years I put a ring on her finger but we have never signed the Gooberment papers to make it legit.

On Commyfornia that does not matter anyways because they consider us common law at this point .
When you said your girl I was thinking it was your daughter, making the dead beat your grandson.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by White_Bear

I don't understand the reasoning behind waiting for that day.
Some times I am Slow with things and felt a bit bad for the kid for what had been handed him in life.

my girl and her youngest son warned me and told me.
DO NOT LET HIM MOVE INTO THE BOAT BY ANY MEANS.

Well I did not listen to them and wanted to try and help the kid get back on his feet.

Like I said in a previous post.
Sometimes you can not help some people.

And the Boat is 4ft from my bedroom window. I probably would have burnt our home down with my luck.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by blairvt

I was done with him.

We called the Sheriff.
What a Mistake.

I forgot to add

Not a Grandson.
It was her Son.

When you said your girl I was thinking it was your daughter, making the dead beat your grandson.

That is why I need to Clarify my relationship with her.
She had a long list of abuse in her marriage with her 2 kids father he was and is a piece of crap and her oldest took after him in his own way

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D

Obviously private property isn't a form of borders. Borders are absolute, and if private property were absolute, there would be no such thing as squatters.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I think squatting is actually (depending on state law) prima facie burglary (B&E or criminal trespass).

Now, If you call the cops, (depending on where (and possibly who) you are they'll likely tell you need to go to court and get a writ of ejectment / eviction.

I don't believe this is legally correct - but personally, I wouldn't ask the cops; because if they do tell you you can't kick the squatters out, and then you do; they could lock you up for "contempt of cop" (obstruction / failure to obey a lawful order, etc.) But...

What would happen if Mr. and Mrs. squat temporarily leave your property and you change the locks and post: no trespassing?

Would a cop or a judge in your area order you to let them into YOUR property?
And if so, under what authority?

Not legal advice - just a my thoughts.

Last edited by night_owl; 03/27/23.

abusus non tollit usum
S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
S
"I need to Clarify (MY Girl) we have been together well over 25 years I put a ring on her finger but we have never signed the Gooberment papers to make it legit.

On Commyfornia that does not matter anyways because they consider us common law at this point ."

No, they don't.

I just heard a lawyer in California talking about this on the radio yesterday.

California Unmarried Couples Rights
There is no common law marriage in the State of California. This means that if two people live together, there is no statute that confers the rights of married couples upon them. There are situations also where a couple believes that they are married, but they are in fact, not.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by dassa

Obviously private property isn't a form of borders. Borders are absolute, and if private property were absolute, there would be no such thing as squatters.

Only in a liberal mindset. Borders and private property are absolut but ymmv

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
My wife had regular house renters evited in two days. The sheriff did it.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by dassa

Only in a liberal mindset. Borders and private property are absolut but ymmv
If private property is absolute, how can squatters take it over?

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

580 members (1234, 12344mag, 10gaugeman, 160user, 007FJ, 10ring1, 55 invisible), 2,223 guests, and 1,240 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,254
Posts18,486,311
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.