Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 15 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 14 15
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by bruinruin
Originally Posted by ChrisAU
Almost done setting one up, waiting on an SRS pic/ARCA rail to use it on the tripod. Pretty pleased with it. Should be a coyote busting special.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Sharp looking setup. What stock is that?

Bell & Carlson M40

GB1

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by JCMCUBIC
Originally Posted by Pappy348
I have been contemplating running some mild loads using my fearsome pile of 6mm bullets with H4895 in my Fieldcraft, 6ARC without the expense of a new rifle and easy on the barrel. The holdup, aside from laziness, is the lack of H4895. Saw a jug a few months ago and let it slip away. I have one broken jug, but am hoarding it for my .30/06.

I've considered doing the same to see how close I can get a 6.5 CM to a 6.5 Grendel. Curiosity was my main motivator....and time was my main source of demotivation.

Try 4198 or RL 7.... 30 grains...

or 3031 which has been available. try between 30 to 35 grains.. you'll find something that you like to duplicate a 6.5 Grendal...I load for both, along with the 260 Rem and the 6.5 x 55 and 6.5 x 57...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Been looking at the 6 ARC route... I've gotten to the point, I'm going to order a barrel from Douglas...
have it set up with a 1 in 8 twist, although I probably don't need it..but it won't hurt anything...

I'm just going to have it as a switch barrel on my Ruger American Predator...same profile and 22 inch barrel...
Oregon Tool & Die have a Savage Style barrel nut for cheap and its close enough for me to go over and pick it up at the 'factory'.

Regular polymer 223 mags for ARS work just fine, and actually work better than the factory Ruger Mag that came with it..

I'm enjoying playing with a 6 x 45 most recently...one doesn't need much to take down a blacktail a 100 to 250 yds...
That one is on a Savage Axxis platform... minus the barrel the rest is all factory...

sitting on more than enough powder, primers and bullets in 6mm and 6.5 mm to out last the Biden Administration..

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by HokeyPokeyKid
The internal length of the jefferson outdoor unit is 2.475 overall and that works out to being able to reliably feed a COAL of 2.450 in testing.

The current production is a stagger feed design instead of the original center feed design that was used on the first generation trigger guard, the change was made to make loading easier because the first generation was stiff to load.

The second generation also has a redesigned trigger bow and a much more positive floor plate latch to reduce the chance of accidental cartridge dumps.

HPK,

You fhuqking KILLED this. The design is Skookum,as are the materials and it is VASTLY fhuqking superior to Wayne's. Hint.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

Just ordered another. Hint.

Now these Little Bitches will be able to take a lick. I'll be flogging on it at daybreak. Hint.

THANKS!..................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by Big Stick
The internal length of the jefferson outdoor unit is 2.475 overall and that works out to being able to reliably feed a COAL of 2.450 in testing.

The current production is a stagger feed design instead of the original center feed design that was used on the first generation trigger guard, the change was made to make loading easier because the first generation was stiff to load.

The second generation also has a redesigned trigger bow and a much more positive floor plate latch to reduce the chance of accidental cartridge dumps.

HPK,

You fhuqking KILLED this. The design is Skookum,as are the materials and it is VASTLY fhuqking superior to Wayne's. Hint.

Now these Little Bitches will be able to take a lick. I'll be flogging on it at daybreak. Hint.

Coconut oil I suppose.

Dog I rescued in January

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

IC B2

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

HPK,

Good intel. TY

Semper Fi
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Rickety,

You'd need a co-signer for the postage...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

At least you can "afford" to steal Avatars. Hint.

Pardon wares that simply exist. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!.........

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Rickety,

You'd need a co-signer for the postage...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

At least you can "afford" to steal Avatars. Hint.

Pardon wares that simply exist. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!.........

KY then? It is Alaska.

Dog I rescued in January

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Rickety,

Pardon your Texas Brokedick version of Reality. Hint.

Nice stolen Avatar. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!............

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
lower 48 groupies with subscriptions must wait eagerly for their next monthly comic book.. " The Adventures of Schtick in the Alaskan Wild".. where can the rest of us sign up?

Rick you should think about signing up.. I hear they have a shorter wait list..

then you can get all this heroism, straight from the source, right to your door step or mailbox....

So Stumpy, how do you know when people have a "broke dick ?" do you inspect them?
if that is a coverup.. you can fix yours with a simple catheter and a piss bag...

Ain't easy being Schtick is it? but 'no one but no one', can get as much out of two brain cells than you can... even more so when you're drunk... That's why you're the pride of the "Alaskan Wilderness"...

IC B3

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
#573. Thanks.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
I ordered this morning. Looking forward to putting it to use.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
This bottom metal is just simply fhuqking EXCEPTIONAL and beyond POSITIVE,in it's retention. Hint.

Two thumbs up and will not be disappointed! Hint...............

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Looks good, got out of the HOWA Mini fan group and put together a Model Seven 7-08 the way I like it. Plenty light and didn't need to replace the bottom plastic.

Dog I rescued in January

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
HokeyPokeyKid,
Anyway to get on a back order list?
Just looked and website says you’re sold out.
TIA

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Wayne REALLY dropped the ball,on spring selection and sizing,for his floorplate latches. There ain't much meat on the bone,on either of mine and there really should be much more surface area engagement to boot. Hint.

I tend to re-spring many latches anyhow,so am well prepared. Standard fare,is to double down and overshoot the original,with more ass. Hint.

MUCH fhuqking better now,but Gen2 JO fhuqking kills it. Hint.

In fairness,I've never seen a Seven in 7-08,let alone Smoochin' 162 ELD's. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!............

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
'Bout right,after I hacksaw the spout to 19" and crown with a RCBS deburring tool. Hint.

The Little Bitches are bow heavy at 22". Hint................

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Cool.

I am MAGA.
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Stick,

Who makes the other bottom metal? Not Wayne but?

“Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils.” - General
John Stark.
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K

Page 7 of 15 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 14 15

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

260 members (264mag, 1_deuce, 204guy, 260Remguy, 29 invisible), 1,967 guests, and 1,142 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,755
Posts18,476,352
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.