Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 10 of 15 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 14 15
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Direct_Drive
Originally Posted by Pappy348
I find it “amazing” that the say they have 63 available. Maybe their jobber has 63, but even that sounds improbable.

Someone should buy one and satisfy my curiosity!
Something is not right with that ad.
Howa combos use Nikko Sterling scopes, not Vortex.
This is either a used "one off" or something smells.
Not 63 of these.

From what I understand this Howa combo was a special make up (SMU) for the distributor Bill Hicks Co out of MN.

Now as to having 63 available, I find that more than a little off. If in fact this is the Hicks SMU they don't even have any!

Edit/Correction! I just stopped by the LGS. Bill Hicks is one of their go-to distributors. Hicks does in fact have 63 (62 now, 'cuz I ordered one) in stock.

Last edited by WiFowler; 04/01/23.

I never thought I'd grow up to be a grumpy old man, but I did, and I'm killin' it.
GB1

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
What’s the barrel contour on the hicks?

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by WiFowler
I find it “amazing” that the say they have 63 available. Maybe their jobber has 63, but even that sounds improbable.

Not 63 of these.

From what I understand this Howa combo was a special make up (SMU) for the distributor Bill Hicks Co out of MN.

Now as to having 63 available, I find that more than a little off. If in fact this is the Hicks SMU they don't even have any!

Edit/Correction! I just stopped by the LGS. Bill Hicks is one of their go-to distributors. Hicks does in fact have 63 (62 now, 'cuz I ordered one) in stock.

Thanks. Now I can sleep tonight.

What fresh Hell is this?
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by AKwolverine

22" Sporter is what they had in stock.

I never thought I'd grow up to be a grumpy old man, but I did, and I'm killin' it.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Not 63 of these.

I got a Howa Mini 6.5 Grendel in early Jan of this year and it has a Vortex and Talley rings on it from the factory.

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
For those that have donned their Howa Mini's with a Stocky's second stock, what's your impression of the stock? How's the fit/finish outta the box? Hard to from the photo on their web site, but it looks like the recoil pad fitment is less than stellar.

On the fence as to a stock upgrade. Stocky's, B&C, or Oregon Gunsmithing. Anyone know what the wait time is on the OG sock?

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
I picked up a Stockys CF Sporter second for my build and it has needed a bit of work before use. It’s a real second with lots of imperfections in the finish. I sanded and filled those and primed it. Also filled the hollow stock with strips of closed cell foam and that has settled the noise issue. The recoil pad isn’t perfect, but none of the Limbsaver non-grindable have been a perfect fit from what I’ve seen. It’s good as far as I’m concerned. Overall, I really like the weight, shape, and feel of the stock. The forearm is fairly stiff and I’m trying to decide whether I’m going to full bed it or try free float first. I’m still working on it.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A

Thanks. The one on GunBroker appears to be a 20 inch barrel for the arc. Still, if you trip the scope for $200, it ends up being about a $275 barreled action.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Thanks. The one on GunBroker appears to be a 20 inch barrel for the arc. Still, if you trip the scope for $200, it ends up being about a $275 barreled action.

My plan is to trip the Vortex. Never been a fan of them, but that's a whole 'nuther can of worms.

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
This is the description on the “Bill Hicks” special. UPC 68214688145

Howa Mini Action - The Howa M1500 Mini Action rifle is the perfect platform for an accurate and affordable bolt-action rifle. With precision in mind every Howa bolt action rifle is equipped with exacting tolerances and construction with superior materials. - Howa (Special for Bill Hicks) M1500 Mini Action (12% Shorter than the short action) - Stock options: Black or Kryptek Highlander/MA HTI stock - Available in .223 Rem 7.62x39 6.5 Grendel and 6MM ARC calibers - 22 Standard Barrel with 1/2x28 Threaded Cap - Bolt Action - Optics include/mounted Vortex Crossfire2 6-18x48 - Detachable Mag - Quick detachable sling - H.A.C.T. 2-Stage Trigger - Right hand - Suppressor ready - Sub-MOA Guarantee - Lifetime Warranty

IC B3

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K

That’s the way to do it.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by TxJW
This is the description on the “Bill Hicks” special. UPC 68214688145

Howa Mini Action - The Howa M1500 Mini Action rifle is the perfect platform for an accurate and affordable bolt-action rifle. With precision in mind every Howa bolt action rifle is equipped with exacting tolerances and construction with superior materials. - Howa (Special for Bill Hicks) M1500 Mini Action (12% Shorter than the short action) - Stock options: Black or Kryptek Highlander/MA HTI stock - Available in .223 Rem 7.62x39 6.5 Grendel and 6MM ARC calibers - 22 Standard Barrel with 1/2x28 Threaded Cap - Bolt Action - Optics include/mounted Vortex Crossfire2 6-18x48 - Detachable Mag - Quick detachable sling - H.A.C.T. 2-Stage Trigger - Right hand - Suppressor ready - Sub-MOA Guarantee - Lifetime Warranty

This was what I was going off of:
“ Howa (Special for Bill Hicks) M1500 Mini Action (12% Shorter than the short action) - Stock options: Black - Available in 6MM ARC calibers - 20 Standard Barrel with 1/2x28 Threaded Cap”

🤷‍♂️

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Not picking on Howa because they all do it but threading a 20” and especially a 22” barrel is a swing and a miss for most of us. For the people who want a 20”-22” barrel they don’t need or want the threads. For those who want the threads for a suppressor( I doubt guys are putting a brake on these) we don’t want barrels that long. I had a 22” threaded 1/2x28. Had 5” cut off and threaded back 1/2x28…lol.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Well to this point I've said that the one I had the LGS ordered for me yesterday is the 22" sporter version. That's the description given on the Hicks website, and the one that they had 63 of. As I recall, they had 0, 20" HB versions in stock.

Will know for certain the middle of the week. 20 or 22in length, makes no difference to me. It's gonna get lopped off. I'm more concerned with it being the Sporter profile.

Last edited by WiFowler; 04/02/23.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Big Stick
Shefire,

Your AMAZING Stupidity,never fhuqking disappoints...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]
[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

Fortunately for you,Imagination and Pretend are free,so even you can "afford" to "contribute". Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!..............

Stupid folks, who find someone who doesn't think exactly like they do, think the other person is stupid..
at the same time, they find someone who thinks exactly like they do are friggin Geniuses.

Those with two brain cells follow others who have two brain cells... kinda a 'birds of a feather, flock together" sorta thing.
They probably are crosseyed and have hair all over their ass, but none on their head while they are at it...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Seafire you’re probably a nice guy but you sure spend a lot of time purposely arguing with a stranger on the internet. I’m not sure what you get from it but to each his own I guess?

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Thanks Kaleb...

I actually like Schtick... He loves the attention of getting his cage rattled so I oblige,
I really doubt anyone can hurt Schtick's feelings, even if they use a sledge hammer...
He's pretty thick skinned... If he didn't enjoy it, he could always just ignore it... There are some folks I ignore on the fire...
But Schtick doesn't seem to ignore most of my posts mentioning his name.

If nothing else, the only people we entertain are each other...

I've always said, The guy would be a welcomed guest at my place, if he was passing thru and had a break down on his truck or something of that sort...He's originally from Oregon here.. over in Coos Bay.

Didn't like him at first, but that was decades ago. I can appreciate a guy who has a sense of humor and doesn't take the world so seriously, much less himself. Hence why I actually like and respect Schtick..

I'm sure life gets lonely when ya live on an Island by yourself. Schtick doesn't really need others so much and is pretty self sufficient. What's not to respect of someone like that.

Doesn't matter if Schtick like me or not. I joking laugh at the fact if he likes anybody really.

If he sent me a PM asking me to stop rattling his cage, I'd respect that... Never mean any harm to the guy.

Now he'll reply with a comment of how I love to kiss his ass, in his authentic Alaskan Trailer Park Gibberish... with some pictures of his guns in the creek, which we've all seen... I often wonder how much of the campfire makes a big percentage of his social life...Having tons of toys doesn't make up for a lonely life. He works hard, and in today's world you have to respect that also..

Thanks for the post Kaleb.

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Waiting for my Howa mini 6ARC to show up at the LGS. In the meantime I've been pondering stock upgrades - Stocky's, one variation or another**, B&C, or Oregon Gunsmithing.

** I see where Stocky's not only has the standard Sporter stock (1sts and 2nds), but also a vertical grip version at 20oz.

Seems like quite a few have opted for the Stocky's Sporter. Would like some input from those that went the B&C or OG route.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Ask Shefire,as she undoubtedly has pictures of mine printed out and laying in wait,as she "lives" vicariously. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!.............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Waiting for my Howa mini 6ARC to show up at the LGS. In the meantime I've been pondering stock upgrades - Stocky's, one variation or another**, B&C, or Oregon Gunsmithing.

** I see where Stocky's not only has the standard Sporter stock (1sts and 2nds), but also a vertical grip version at 20oz.

Seems like quite a few have opted for the Stocky's Sporter. Would like some input from those that went the B&C or OG route.
I just put a 22" sporter into a B&C
Fitment was about perfect and the dark gray w/black web looks good.
For having a full internal frame, weight is not bad IMO, (2lbs).

The OG looks good, but there may be wait time.
Like that Oregon brown. (18oz claimed)
This one could be best of breed.

Stocky's carbon.
Sounds like not as rugged as the other two, but light weight ("just over a pound")

B L M - Bureau of Land Management
Page 10 of 15 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 14 15

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

162 members (1beaver_shooter, 300_savage, 14idaho, 16penny, 308xray, 27 invisible), 1,461 guests, and 1,081 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,864
Posts18,478,646
Members73,948
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.