Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
johnw Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I was happy with winning the bids as i did,and even with the acquisition.

In between the GB bids and when they arrived at my FFL, there was a serious bump in the road.

I had some dental implants done the week before, and while he was working, the oral surgeon decided he wanted to do some biopsies around upper jaw area.
Got the cancer call from him the day after i won the bids.

That was the low point.

Saw a head and neck cancer guy from UW Madison yesterday and he says that with some modification I'll get a full cure and no loss of function. He did say I'm in for a couple of bad months.
OK... As cancer goes, it could be a lot worse, and I consider myself blessed.

Now... Where'd I stash that Titegroup???

"Chances Will Be Taken"

GB1

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
If you don't have a K22 thats the next step. I love the K frame 22.
I hope you do well with your treatments. I'm on the back end of 4 years dealing with bone cancer myself. Like you it was found early and the outlook is good.
Fair warning these old Smith's are habit forming. I'm waiting on my second K22 from 1952 my birth year. That will make 5 K22"s. I do have a 17-2 that will undoubtly find a new home at least that's what I tell myself.

Last edited by GSPfan; 04/05/23.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
I bought a K-22 back in the early 1980s, and loved it. In the late 1980s, however, during air travel, the rear sight blade cracked. I ordered a replacement, but after installing it it would never group anywhere near point of aim again, no matter how low I set the rear sight adjustment (bottoming it out). It shot way high. So I discovered a gunsmith who retired from being an S&W factory gunsmith and gave it to him, explaining the situation. He ordered what he said was the correct rear sight, and installed it. Same problem. I eventually sold it at a loss at a gun show.

Odd that I couldn't get it to shoot point of aim again after the rear sight broke. As it came from the factory, point of aim and point of impact was achieved somewhere in the middle of the rear sight's elevation adjustment range.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
S&W makes three height blades. Last time I bought any the blade with install kit was around $12. I would have bought a lower one and tried again before selling it at a loss. Or even taken a file to the one in it to dress it down to the right height. It’s not rocket science.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by TheKid
S&W makes three height blades. Last time I bought any the blade with install kit was around $12. I would have bought a lower one and tried again before selling it at a loss. Or even taken a file to the one in it to dress it down to the right height. It’s not rocket science.
I figured if an S&W gunsmith couldn't get it right, it was pretty hopeless, short of taking a file to it, which I didn't want to do.

IC B2

johnw Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by GSPfan
If you don't have a K22 thats the next step. I love the K frame 22.
I hope you do well with your treatments. I'm on the back end of 4 years dealing with bone cancer myself. Like you it was found early and the outlook is good.
Fair warning these old Smith's are habit forming. I'm waiting on my second K22 from 1952 my birth year. That will make 5 K22"s. I do have a 17-2 that will undoubtly find a new home at least that's what I tell myself.

I owned a model 17 and loved it. But that was in the time that I'd sell things to try other things. Doesn't happen so much anymore.

Glad your cancer thing is over. I'll be glad when mine is.

"Chances Will Be Taken"

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

543 members (16penny, 1234, 10gaugeman, 153, 160user, 10Glocks, 50 invisible), 2,350 guests, and 1,239 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,531
Posts18,472,723
Members73,939
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.