Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F

GB1

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
How in the heck do I get images from the gallery to show up with out having to use a link?

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Dang never heard of a honda Africa. Fairly new? I've been out of serious track and trail riding since around 2010. My last 2 diet bikes we're a 92 Husqvarna 250 and a 99 KX250 both 2 strokes.

“No one in hell can ever say I went to Christ and He rejected me.

C.H. Spurgeon
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by blairvt
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Originally Posted by Snowwolfe
The last four I owned were my most favorite. Each had a different style depending on my mood for that day.
Suzuki V Strom 1050. Great do it all fun bike. It could of used cruise control.
Kawasaki Z900, really fun but needed another 20-30 hp. Surprised it fit my old body
Triumph Tiger 800. Very comfortable and fun.
Kawasaki Concours 1400. Better be on your A game if you decided to open the throttle the entire way.

All great choices, and I'd happily own any of them. Those Concours are known for being able to run into the 100,000 mile mark. Very strong and reliable engines. Disappointed that Kawasaki never put cruise control on one. As I scan the market now, there are some good deals out there on them. I had a V-Strom 650 many years ago and rode it up in your neck of the woods.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

I had that exact Vstrom. The buffeting from the windshield was terrible. I never could figure out how to fix that.

I bought an aftermarket screen for mine. I believe it was made by Givi. Huge improvement over the stock screen.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
The last four I owned were my most favorite. Each had a different style depending on my mood for that day.
Kawasaki Z900, really fun but needed another 20-30 hp. Surprised it fit my old body
Kawasaki Concours 1400. Better be on your A game if you decided to open the throttle the entire way.

All great choices, and I'd happily own any of them. Those Concours are known for being able to run into the 100,000 mile mark. Very strong and reliable engines. Disappointed that Kawasaki never put cruise control on one. As I scan the market now, there are some good deals out there on them. I had a V-Strom 650 many years ago and rode it up in your neck of the woods.

Agreed. Why Kawasaki has resisted the urge to update to electronic cruise control is beyond me. Even if they offered it as an option for $1k my bet is 75% of new buyers would opt for it.
I've had a half-dozen bikes w/cruise control since 1984 and I wouldn't want to be without it now.. On long trips, resting the throttle hand can really ease the fatigue factor..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
IC B2

pal Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by pal
2000 Kawasaki W650.

Outstanding.

Thanks Paul.

I picked it up in Gig Harbor, Washington, and took 4 days to come down the coast to Marina del Rey, Ca. Kawasaki actually got the engineering drawings from BSA and used them to create an upgrade to the Bonneville 650. It has both electric and kick start. And uses a shaft, rather than chain, to drive overhead cams.

"There's more to optics than meets the eye."--anon

"...most of us would be better off losing half a pound around the waist than half a pound on our rifle."--dhg

DMc Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A few.

Make Gitmo Great Again!!
Who gave the order to stop counting votes in the swing states on the night of November 3/4, 2020?
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
The only one left is a glorified minibike.

[Linked Image from hosting.photobucket.com]

Won't ever own a road bike again as I don't feel safe on the road here in my F-250 with the way the idiots drive. Multiple accidents on any given week on the 10 mile stretch from town to my house.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by blairvt

I had that exact Vstrom. The buffeting from the windshield was terrible. I never could figure out how to fix that.

You got that right about the buffeting. It fely like someone had your head in a paint shaker. The dirty air funneled up from the fairing and cam up behind the windshield against the tank. That's why aftermarket windscreens didn't solve the issue. I met a guy who built a spoiler of sorts, mounted it on the fairing and found clean air.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
JLimbo, There are two of us with one of those things!!! Way more specialized than a minibike though. No equal for getting a deer or a bear out of a woods without trails. I once took a 10 point out over the top of a beaver dam. Try that with an ATV or UTV.

My other auto is a .45

The bitterness of poor quality is remembered long after the sweetness of low price has faded from memory
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I just got one of my 2 150cc scooters sold. Now there's room beside the Honda ADV 150 scooter for something else.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I could go a couple of different ways. Thinking very hard about an updater version of the Versys I used to have.

Could also go back to a sport tourer.

I might even go with another super scooter. There's something to be said for the simplicity of twist and go and a really quiet ride.

673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by tndrbstr
Here’s one of them. This sumbiatch can go through tires like a fat girl goes through donuts!! laugh laugh crazy

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
I would look good riding that.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by pal
Originally Posted by pal
2000 Kawasaki W650.

Outstanding.

Thanks Paul.

I picked it up in Gig Harbor, Washington, and took 4 days to come down the coast to Marina del Rey, Ca. Kawasaki actually got the engineering drawings from BSA and used them to create an upgrade to the Bonneville 650. It has both electric and kick start. And uses a shaft, rather than chain, to drive overhead cams.

Its a cool bike, apparently they made a 800 as well. The early ones were nearly identical to the Beezzers of that era. Its particularly interesting when they made the retro they went to shaft driven OH cams, unlike the original pushrod motors.

For those without thumbs, it's s Garden fookin Island, not Hawaii
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Sold these last couple years.............

Attached Images
image3.jpg (50.19 KB, 265 downloads)
IMG_0437.jpg (23.28 KB, 269 downloads)
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
1 more......

Attached Images
IMG_1754.jpg (37.53 KB, 262 downloads)
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I rode extensively... I enjoyed it immensely... I sold off... With me being... I am getting... I can ride... I will have ABS...I'd love to.... I don't want....

Paul only starts threads about his favorite topic - himself.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by SupFoo
I rode extensively... I enjoyed it immensely... I sold off... With me being... I am getting... I can ride... I will have ABS...I'd love to.... I don't want....

Paul only starts threads about his favorite topic - himself.

To my credit, it's the only thing I know very much about. Don't care to quote propaganda outlets or speak for others, so what's left?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
To my credit, it's the only thing I know very much about ... so what's left?

Actually Paul, it's a self-awareness issue. Read up on it. Never too late.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by DryPowder
I bought a new TW200 last year to back road and scout on.

I put a deposit on a '23 last month, they won't know until sometime this month if they can get one. Fingers crossed.

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
Page 4 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

535 members (204guy, 10gaugemag, 1lessdog, 1minute, 160user, 1234, 57 invisible), 2,508 guests, and 1,227 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,792
Posts18,516,087
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.