Print Thread
Hop To
Page 10 of 10 1 2 8 9 10
T
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
T
It you don't want to wear orange while your in the woods so be it. I spend a lot of time in the woods and wear a orange cap and most of the time a orange vest also. I don't care if JJ

Life is good live it while you can.
GB1

S
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by pete53
Originally Posted by smokepole
I think he might get the maximum, which would not have happened if he'd just taken responsibility for what he did. He pretty much did the opposite and that will be taken into consideration.

i noticed you " smokepole " felt this might happen ? but it didn`t . > right or wrong this muzzle loader shooter may ask for another trial yet ?

You're right pete, I thought he'd get a longer sentence, wishful thinking on my part. And he should have gotten a longer sentence. He pulled the trigger, the bowhunter died, yet he thinks he's "not guilty" and caused the people of Colorado to pay for not one, but two trials. I don't know how the judge came up with the sentence, but just the fact that he didn't step up and take responsibility would've colored my thinking if I was making the decision.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Welcome to a liberal schiethole. Jail time is a no-no now in such utopias. Let's get real, it was the assault muzzleloader's fault. We need common sense assault muzzleloader control.

I bet pole smokin polis will right this wrong

Last edited by Jackson_Handy; 04/03/23.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Pretty much the reason for my position on mandatory blaze orange. Can help lead to "if it don't glow-shoot it" mind set.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Yep, there's no mention of blaze orange in any gun safety rules I've ever seen.

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
The fact that he shot another hunter makes this guy a negligent hunter at best. The fact that he packed up and left without reporting the shooting speaks volumes about this guy’s character. He got off easy in my opinion. But that’s just an opinion.

Ron

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
Orwell
S
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
He didn't pack up and leave without reporting it. There's no cell service in the area, they drove down to their hotel and called it in.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Ohio7x57
The fact that he shot another hunter makes this guy a negligent hunter at best. The fact that he packed up and left without reporting the shooting speaks volumes about this guy’s character. He got off easy in my opinion. But that’s just an opinion.

Ron

That and that fact alone should earn him a really long jail sentence. Accidental shooting is inexcusable as it stands but just leaving until everything was sorted out , throw the [bleep] book at him.

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter

Ron

That and that fact alone should earn him a really long jail sentence. Accidental shooting is inexcusable as it stands but just leaving until everything was sorted out , throw the [bleep] book at him.

He didn't pack up and leave without reporting it. There's no cell service in the area, they drove down to their hotel and called it in.

Do you read before posting?

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A stretch in the Co State Prison System-making blaze orange vests on a sewing machine would be just desserts.

I sold 20 acres near Durango 20 years ago. Like Pagosa Springs though. Still too many migrants
from a large West Coast state and another large state E. of New Mexico. Just my studied opinion.

I used a 405 Winchester on my last large CO elk. There were no bow hunters nearby.
Perhaps only trained Native Americans should carry bows, while only 1850s trappers should get Hawken
muzzle loaders. New Mexico is safer because there are less eastern "hunters".

After serving a term, this PA individual should have been placed on the Western states permanent
bar to license/tag: just like a serious poacher.

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena-not the critic"-T. Roosevelt
There are no atheists in fox holes or in the open doors of a para's aircraft.....
IC B3

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by jwp475

Ron

Yes Azzzhole , he got down to town reported his stupidity and left. Why was he allowed to leave after murdering someone? This dumb chuck should face jail time under manslaughter.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Not sure where you got your Information but he was interviewed in person by LE that day, and told them what happened. Kind of hard to do that after leaving.

And he was sentenced to jail. Just not enough IMO. The DA dropped the manslaughter charge.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Not sure where you got your Information but he was interviewed in person by LE that day, and told them what happened. Kind of hard to do that after leaving.

And he was sentenced to jail. Just not enough IMO. The DA dropped the manslaughter charge.

How could they drop the manslaughter charge, It was reckless behavior ?

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by jwp475

Ron

Yes Azzzhole , he got down to town reported his stupidity and left. Why was he allowed to leave after murdering someone? This dumb chuck should face jail time under manslaughter.

You are one stupid individual, he reported it, was interviewed by the police and ALLOWED to leave.

Stupid may not be adequate, moron may be the more accurate term Azzhole

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
S
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
How could they drop the manslaughter charge, It was reckless behavior ?

You know that he was charged with criminally negligent homicide, right?

Page 10 of 10 1 2 8 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

458 members (1234, 17CalFan, 10Glocks, 163bc, 12344mag, 1badf350, 32 invisible), 2,321 guests, and 1,083 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,455
Posts18,529,045
Members74,033
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.