Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by MAC
Getting mad at me for something that happened in their dream. Never made any sense to me.
Yep getting up pissed at you for some she thought you screwed

GB1

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
I got lucky and really don’t have to deal with pet peeves. In fact I’d say it’s the opposite for me now. There are things that she does that are endearing, not annoying. We all have intrinsic idiosyncrasies but we only recognize them in others never believing that we too possess those idiosyncrasies aka pet peeves. My bride and I, after 26 years, seem to be good marital partners as well as roommates. If I know that something I do annoys her I try not to do that….she treats me the same way. I NEVER do something intentionally that I know will annoy her nor does she do that to me. It’s a novel concept but it seems to work for us.

I guess if I really have to complain then…..Every morning without fail my wife makes my coffee for me and brings it upstairs for me. She makes my coffee better than I can and I’ve learned her ratios but last week she put a little too much cream in my coffee……man that’s a big pet peeve and I could barely contain my anger. 😂jk. It was still a great cup of coffee so I guess this doesn’t count?..

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
42 years, you'll pore your own coffee like me

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Sorry, but I can’t think of a single serious flaw with my Current. She’s just a total blessing.

There's not enough time left to me to detail the issues with the Previous, or the First.

What fresh Hell is this?
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Have two daughters that are adults and your [bleep]

IC B2

J
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
J
Wife #1:
I learned a very expensive lesson about being so infatuated with someone's looks that I was blind to obvious signs of trouble.

Wife #2:
Also came from a very bad marriage. Worse than mine (physical and mental abuse). We're in agreement that we were meant to be together. I have no complaints.

"No good deed shall go unpunished!"
I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
These threads sure make me appreciate my wonderful bride of forty years.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
My wife just drove some five hours home because she said I looked tired...I cannot fault her, she is an excellent wife and a terrific mother to our daughter.

A better friend than I deserve...and our daughter is cut from the same cloth.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
They have a need to answer the phone every time it rings.

Save our kids - shoot your local drug dealer.
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by blindshooter
They're all crazy. Just to different degrees.

Originally Posted by Salmonella
All things are based in emotion.

ALL of them are crazy.. ALL.

"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined.”

Patrick Henry
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
It wouldn’t hurt if the answer to my question would be limited to things relevant to the question. That would shorten the answer by 99% in many cases.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
C
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
C
She is, never wrong, just not always right! She complains about my driving even when I am not driving. It is my fault that she put her foot through the ceiling in the kitchen while in the attic. I was not even in the attic with her. She has also blamed me for the Hindenburg airship disaster and the Kennedy assassination. She, will never apologize for anything even when she is at fault. Everything is my fault, not matter what, when or where.

G
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
G
Does your wife get upset at your driving? Mine does. I’m a safe driver, no fender benders in 50 years. She can’t say the same. Merging into traffic? Takes a lane that is clear for a quarter mile before she moves over. I don’t dart in and out by any means but I’m also not waiting for a “quarter mile” of clearance either. If it’s too close in her opinion she’ll let out that little scream of fear they annoys the hell out of me. Oftentimes, if I’m not feeling tolerant that day, I’ll pull over the truck and get out, telling her to drive from that point on. “I’m sorry…just keep driving…I’ll be quiet.” “No. You’re driving from here on out or we’ll sit here all damn day on the side of the interstate…”

And as we all know, she’ll twist the narrative to make all this my fault.

You only live once, but...if you do it right, once is enough.
G
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by cs2blue
She is, never wrong, just not always right! She complains about my driving even when I am not driving. It is my fault that she put her foot through the ceiling in the kitchen while in the attic. I was not even in the attic with her. She has also blamed me for the Hindenburg airship disaster and the Kennedy assassination. She, will never apologize for anything even when she is at fault. Everything is my fault, not matter what, when or where.

My wife will apologize (eventually) if it’s truly her fault……which is basically never. One time though she did write me a little note of apology and placed it by my keys in the kitchen before we left for work. I had that little sticky note framed and it hangs in my shop. She thinks that I overreacted but that it was cute.

You only live once, but...if you do it right, once is enough.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Wow, sounds like I hit the jackpot.
Mine is pretty chill and capable. She has a few qwirks once in a great while but all very mild compared to what many of you write about. I wouldn't trade her for the world

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by earlybrd
Can’t live em can’t live without em I’ve come to conclusion
And no bounty for their hides, either.

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
She can't stop spending money. About 20 minutes ago, she announced to me she is going to buy this awsum deck furniture. It's only $800. It has 5" cushions and a propane fire pit. I asked her where is she getting it. She said Amazon... I said,,, what is the quality is it going to be?? She knew where I was going with it... She is real bad at seeing quality. We have been married 36 yrs. now and I just let it go. However, it is getting worse. Many here say their spouse has no sense of direction. Mine does not neither, but now days hardly matters,,,,, She doesnt even ask,,,,, she just picks up the phone .... Siri , , where is ??? and get this english accent . We are in Wisconsin... She has been a very good mother to our kids. Also,, she NEVER listens to me. She always has this other idea because of the way she feels and so often it is not practical.

Last edited by ihookem; 04/13/23.

But the fruits of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness,faithfulness, Gentleness and self control. Against such things there is no law. Galations 5: 22&23
S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
S
I ask a simple question, hoping for an answer of "yes" or "no."

I get a five minute explanation. The female brain is incapable of giving a one-word answer to a simple question.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by reivertom
When they gasp or scream like a black mamba is attacking at the slightest hint of imagined danger, which actually makes me more inclined to do something dangerous in my reaction. This especially bad when I'm driving. If I am closer to something than she thinks I should be, she acts like a 18 wheeler is getting ready to slam into our car. I can pull out and if there's a car coming that's 150 yards away, it might as well be 15 feet the way she acts. It happens around the house also. I'm ready to fight and there's a moth flitting around the lamp.

That^^^
And we are on the road, a lot!
Otherwise I wouldn't trade for nothing!
I've seen plenty of bad relationships in other couples and feel pretty damn lucky to be honest.
As to the not being a good passenger issue above-there is a volume dial on the radio which drowns out most of it.

FJB & FJT
S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by Cheesy
Originally Posted by MPat70
Asking her what she wants for her birthday and she says nothing....
Birthday comes and she gets exactly what she asked for and still feels the need to be pissy with me......

Similar.

Mine said “I don’t F-ing care where you go on our anniversary this year” (at a high decibel level and without the editing)

So, I went pheasant hunting in South Dakota for the 3rd year in a row.

Turns out, she truly did care where I went. How was I supposed to know?

Cheesy--your first mistake was getting married during hunting season!

Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

517 members (12344mag, 1_deuce, 160user, 204guy, 17CalFan, 10ring1, 45 invisible), 11,466 guests, and 1,129 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,241
Posts18,544,285
Members74,060
Most Online21,066
May 26th, 2024

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.