Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
And Biden said you couldn't own a cannon.

"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson, 1776
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by MikeL2
Could be headed to Anniston Army Depot, but if brought over by/for US Govt then more likely going to the National Ground Intelligence Center's test/eval activity at Aberdeen Proving Ground.

Could be, but that's in Maryland, what's it doing in La. My bet is that it's going to Hooks, Tx. They refurbish tanks, truck, etc for the Army and have the facilities to completely dismantle/restore it.

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Could be headed to Anniston Army Depot, but if brought over by/for US Govt then more likely going to the National Ground Intelligence Center's test/eval activity at Aberdeen Proving Ground.

Shipping label on barrel addressed to Aberdeen Proving Grounds...

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P

Another link in that first article stated its going to Aberdeen.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by Oldman03

Could be, but that's in Maryland, what's it doing in La. My bet is that it's going to Hooks, Tx. They refurbish tanks, truck, etc for the Army and have the facilities to completely dismantle/restore it.

They came from Houston (probably off loaded from ship at Galveston), headed east on Interstate 10. Tanks rebuilt at Anniston AL, wheeled vehicles at Red River AD near Hooks. (I didn't sleep in a Holiday Inn last night, but did spend 5 yrs at Army Materiel Command grin) BUT - they don't rebuild Russian POS tanks, so almost certainly headed to Aberdeen PG for intelligence gathering.

Last edited by MikeL2; 04/15/23.
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Orion2000

You got better eyesight than me, I cant read the shipping label. Reckon it's going to Aberdeen.

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Frustrated duck hunter....

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I would have thought that we already a couple of these to look at since they are not that new. But, maybe they got a deal on it. The Ukraine army probably sold it to us for crazy money.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D

They came from Houston (probably off loaded from ship at Galveston), headed east on Interstate 10. Tanks rebuilt at Anniston AL, wheeled vehicles at Red River AD near Hooks. (I didn't sleep in a Holiday Inn last night, but did spend 5 yrs at Army Materiel Command grin) BUT - they don't rebuild Russian POS tanks, so almost certainly headed to Aberdeen PG for intelligence gathering.
Why offload in Texas if Maryland is the final destination ?

B L M - Bureau of Land Management
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by cs2blue
I would have thought that we already a couple of these to look at since they are not that new. But, maybe they got a deal on it. The Ukraine army probably sold it to us for crazy money.
It's probably stolen and sold on the grey market, just like the Ukes stole a HIMARS from the AFU and sold it to Russia.

Zelensky will probably be over here next week blowing Hunter, begging for that tank back.

Politics is War by Other Means
IC B3

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by Direct_Drive

Why offload in Texas if Maryland is the final destination ?
Not enough info in article to draw any wild-ass, half-baked, unsupported speculations on that. But, what the heck: maybe that's where the ship was headed.

Last edited by MikeL2; 04/16/23.
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by blindshooter
Originally Posted by JohnnyLoco
I bet not one person put a Geiger counter to it.

Deleted uranium?

So undetectable.

“When Tyranny becomes Law, Rebellion becomes Duty”

Colossians 3:17 (New King James Version)
"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by earlybrd
Could be a white tiger

I see what you did there.

“When Tyranny becomes Law, Rebellion becomes Duty”

Colossians 3:17 (New King James Version)
"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."
O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Originally Posted by Orion2000

You got better eyesight than me, I cant read the shipping label. Reckon it's going to Aberdeen.

I'm almost blind without specs...

Shipping Label on the Barrel...

Close Up of Shipping Label...

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

576 members (160user, 1badf350, 22250rem, 219DW, 257 mag, 222ND, 63 invisible), 3,371 guests, and 1,252 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,751
Posts18,535,507
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.