Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
https://www.creditkarma.com/advice/i/how-to-lock-credit

I've had it happen a couple times but the card companies are very good about dealing with it. I have never suffered losses.

GB1

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
How do you know that was a real name?

N
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
N
We had that happen a few years ago and the bastidges hacked the replacement card BEFORE WE EVEN GOT IT!!! 🤬

All charges were refunded

NRA Life,Endowment,Patron or Benefactor since '72.
O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
There are secondary markets for stolen cards and ids on the dark web. So it is often very hard to figure out how the card numbers got to the final user.

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by navlav8r
We had that happen a few years ago and the bastidges hacked the replacement card BEFORE WE EVEN GOT IT!!! 🤬

Did you use your card number before you got the replacement?

IC B2

E
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Dumb question but where does the money come from to reimburse?

kwg020 Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by OldHat
How do you know that was a real name?
ON the Walmart account it was Jared Banegas. That is all I know other than the WALMART WAS A Supercenter in Houston. The account has been closed and deleted. We have a backup credit card but I never used it. My wife has her card but I can't find mine. Probably because I sent it through the shredder or cut it up since I wasn't using it. Now it appears a guy needs 2 credit cards to have a backup just in case the first card is lost, destroyed or stolen.

I don't like the direction this is going.

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
Originally Posted by Fireball2
They need to be tracked down, brought to the town square, tied to a post and flogged to within an inch of their lives. They'd think twice before wanting to steal again.

Cut their hand off like they do in Saudi Arabia

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
This has happened to me five or six times in my life, and eventually I asked the credit card company what they were doing to get the guy arrested and charged. They said they do nothing along those lines at all. They take zero actions designed to bring the criminal to justice. Against policy.

kwg020 Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by hanco
Originally Posted by Fireball2
They need to be tracked down, brought to the town square, tied to a post and flogged to within an inch of their lives. They'd think twice before wanting to steal again.

Cut their hand off like they do in Saudi Arabia
The guy was buying laundry detergent and diapers. I say we cut his weiner off so he can't have any more kids.

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I hate a theif as well, sorry this happened and you have to deal with it.

Every single time my credit card was lifted it was at a gas station and the card was used at the pump. If it's not a local pump I go inside and pay for it and keep my eyes on the card until it's back in my hands.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

T
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
T

Yep, I had that happen to me as well. The card company had no good explanation as to how it happened either.

Laws aren't preventative measures. In other words, more laws won't prevent gun crime from happening.
DMc Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Even thieves hate thieves....

Make Gitmo Great Again!!
Who gave the order to stop counting votes in the swing states on the night of November 3/4, 2020?
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
I see guys steall all the time at the Walmart self-checkout. They think they are doing nothing wrong.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Happened to my wife. Somebody ordered couple hundred dollars of x-rated movies at some hotel. Discovered it on the way to Vegas. Also, someone got ahold of 10-99s and started opening credit cards at Menards. Still haven't figured that out but what a pain. Had to go all cash for a couple months and inform all my business contacts. Everybody kept a close eye on their credit status and accounts.

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Kwg020: I guess "I" have been "lucky" - I pay cash for most all my purchases (and have for 6 decades now).
I have never been victimized via credit card thievery.
I do also have a "debit card" (and have for decades now) I use it way more often than my credit cards - are they less susceptible to thievery of this type than a credit card?
Or maybe there are just less criminal types in my neck'o the woods (I have lived in Montana for over a quarter century now)?
I have arrested and put probably 2,000 (two thousand!) thieves in jail. I also HATE thieves.
I would be hard pressed how to go about arresting a credit card "scammer/thief" and jailing them if they were in another state and the victim would have to travel to said other state to file charges then to come back to court and testify to his loss?
Seems the credit card companies and big box stores (Wal-Mart, Amazon etc) are NOT interested in pressing charges to recoup their monies - they just pass along their losses in the form of higher prices to, and for, their honest customers.
Sorry state of affairs here anymore.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Hawkeye, I have heard that too, that the credit card companies do nothing to bust the criminal.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by kwg020
I just checked email this morning and found out my credit card number has been compromised. Jared Banegas from Houston Texas ordered some items from Walmart. We have the card cancelled and will get new cards in 10 days. I cancelled the orders that Jared B made at one of the Houston super centers and completely closed the account at Walmart.com. Jared from Houston hijacked my account at Walmart.com as well as using my credit card.

Now I have to worry about anything else showing up. It appears Jared was up early and made the orders before 7 a.m.. I cancelled before he could pick them up. So much BS. My wife and I took a trip to Arizona last week. I sure wish I knew where the number was taken from and how Jared B. managed to hijack the Walmart account. My guess is it was someone in Walmart.com but not from the trip.

Since the card is no longer valid I'm hoping this is the end of it.

kwg
One thing that I can recommend is to request that your credit card company text/email you every time your card is used.
It's easy to do but you have to ask for it.
That way you can shoot down their little plan right away, with no delay.

B L M - Bureau of Land Management
N
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
N
Originally Posted by OldHat

Did you use your card number before you got the replacement?

Nope. My wife saw that it was on the way on “informed delivery”..

NRA Life,Endowment,Patron or Benefactor since '72.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

611 members (160user, 06hunter59, 10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 1234, 70 invisible), 14,838 guests, and 1,104 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,089
Posts18,541,706
Members74,057
Most Online21,066
07:15 PM

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.