Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 8 of 12 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by steve4102
Originally Posted by JakeBlues
Kill two birds with one stone. Eat BBQed liberals. They probably started the crisis anyway.
Gunna taste like bullschit

Maybe so but Mexicans would surely make great Tacos

GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
And Chinks are good with rice.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by DigitalDan

Good point, I'm still pondering on the possible differences between white and dark meat.

Paul might know..

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Well, I have heard, that they are all pink, on the inside !

Paul.

"Kids who grow up hunting, fishing & trapping, do not mug little old Ladies"
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by DigitalDan
It's called bush meat, the stuff they make covid from.

β€œIn a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
IC B2

W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
It's hard to say.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I live on wild game 99% now with no crisis... I buy bacon from time to time.

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die, I want to go where they went"
Will Rogers
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Gets that bad you will hear of ranchers and farmers losing pork, beef, and sheep wholesale. Nobody will have the gas to go far for deer.

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Farmers and Ranchers will have to defend their livestock.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Pinto Beans, turnip greens and corn bread. A chicken now and then. Raise a hog. My mom was so poor they ate potatoes and onions until they ran out of potatoes. Onions two or three times a day. No deer. No gun. No shoes. No car. No mama. No problem.

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
We have a lot of BLM land around here with lots of cattle grazing. They'd disappear faster than the deer since its so easy to get within range. Many of the ranchers are experienced shooters, though, and hiding a body out there would be very easy.

β€œIn a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
And them ranchers better have plenty of sharp eyed , armed sons and daughters for 24/7/365 guarding of that livestock. At that point in time living close to town will not be an asset. Mb

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Dutch
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
A quick search on just TX showed 1.1 million licensed hunters and an estimated 1.5 mill hogs. If each hunter tried to shoot just 2, they'd be out of hogs. Of course many of the hogs would be inedible.

You don’t quite grasp the reproduction cycle of hogs……

It is my understanding that hogs were also kept in check in East Texas back in the depression. With regards to deer I’m pretty sure even they got shot out most places back East even while muzzleloaders were still in common use.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
E
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
E
Deers turkeys squirrels rabbits groundhogs and rogue cows I see daily I’ll be fine

MAC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I have been feeding my family on venison since the 1980s. One thing about the OP's post that needs to be pointed out is that the vast majority of the populations in the states he highlights will live in the big cities and when the SHTF many of those people will die very quickly due to panic and stupidity and dead people don't eat deer.

You get out of life what you are willing to accept. If you ain't happy, do something about it!
K
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K
I would love that get in in this rant again, but I am drunk in Ft. Davis at this time ordering yet another gin & tonic.

Goodnight [bleep]!

And yes i bought on round for the bar!!!

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
A small bar I hope? laugh

W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
By the way, ever see a drunk skunk?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Consider that deer, elk, and turkeys (not to mention buffalo) were almost completely wiped out east of Appalachia before 1800, and nearly wiped out east of the Mississippi by 1850.

The population then was NOWHERE NEAR what it is now, imagine the destruction that could be wrought on wildlife by the population today.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Originally Posted by Verylargeboots
Originally Posted by TimberRunner
Historically, when societies unravel, the first thing to disappear is fauna/wildlife.

I'm not arguing with you when I ask this, but what events in history have shown this?
It wasn't an unraveling but in the late 1800's Americans were moving west. There were no hunting limits and market hunting was legal. Wildlife took a big hit. Whitetails were on the edge of extinction and the passenger pigeon did go extinct. Goose and duck numbers plummeted from market hunting.

And people aren't taking into consideration that ''everybody'' will be a hunter. And they're not going by any rules, spotlighting +++, they'll do anything everything they can to get something. They'll light thick woods ablase and shoot or run over anything that comes out. There won't be a day go by that anywhere meat might be -they'll be after it.
Where are hogs going to go to escape dozens of people roaming the countryside -nowhere that's where. No one will give a ratzass about someones property lines - if the sounder of hogs went that-ah-way they stay after them. An empty belly and starving children will create a very dangerous world to survive in.
It takes a lot of calories to spend the day chasing something to eat compared to sitting around at work.
Talking about canning meat and such is a fairy tale in a full on collapse of society.
People who think they can protect their chickens/goats/cows/black lab better think again, they better be well armed and willing to kill someone on the spot.

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
Page 8 of 12 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

130 members (260Remguy, 300_savage, 6MMWASP, 2ndwind, 673, 16 invisible), 1,693 guests, and 1,000 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,756
Posts18,476,374
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.