Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
K
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
K
"They" did an 'autopsy' on the gun Balwin used in the shooting on the movie set "Rust". The charges have been dropped due to the results of the autopsy. Seeing as how the gun in question had "Worn joints and the "Trigger control" wasn't working properly, it wasn't his fault.

I must admit I feel quite ignorant at this point. I have been shooting Cowboy Action for 16 years, and have no idea where the "Joints" on a SAA revolver are, and silly me, I thought the "Trigger control" was my finger. (Trigger finger)

Can any of you learned people explain to where these parts are? Inquiring minds would like to know.............

KB

A gun in hand is worth two cops on the phone.
MOLON LABE
LET'S GO BRANDON!!
GB1

D
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
He's eager to get back to the set of "Rust" so he can resume shooting.

For even when we were with you, we gave you this rule: "If a man will not work, he shall not eat."

2 Thessalonians 3:10
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Well Alec is old and And his finger joints are worn from all the time he spent looking for his own prostate besides, the Judge liked his "portrayal" of DJT on Saturday Night Liberalism...

Last edited by OldmanoftheSea; 04/22/23.

-OMotS

"If memory serves fails me..."
Quote: ( unnamed) "been prtty deep in the cooler todaay "

Television and radio are most effective when people question little and think even less.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
was their ever any doubt ,he would get off?... libs take care of their own

NRA Life Member
P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
What if he was a pro gun conservative? James Woods. John Voight. Tom Selleck. Hang 'em, you bet.

IC B2

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Dess
He's eager to get back to the set of "Rust" so he can resume shooting.
LOL.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Knarley_Bob
"They" did an 'autopsy' on the gun Balwin used in the shooting on the movie set "Rust". The charges have been dropped due to the results of the autopsy. Seeing as how the gun in question had "Worn joints and the "Trigger control" wasn't working properly, it wasn't his fault.

I must admit I feel quite ignorant at this point. I have been shooting Cowboy Action for 16 years, and have no idea where the "Joints" on a SAA revolver are, and silly me, I thought the "Trigger control" was my finger. (Trigger finger)

Can any of you learned people explain to where these parts are? Inquiring minds would like to know.............

KB

Yeah, I called BS on that report as soon as I read it.

No "joints" on a Colt SAA at all. I've worked on many of them. Never found a joint inside one yet.

It's just simply "deflection" from the facts.

The facts are that the SAA was pointed and fired live ammo that killed and wounded people.

There should never be live ammo even near the set of a movie.

The armorer should have been the only one to load any type of ammo into the gun, then after doing so, hand it to the actor, and take possession back after the scene.

Gun was used and taken from an unsecure cart. (What is that BS?)

So much wrong with the whole event, and so little accountability.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
They should use inoperable prop guns on film sets, incapable of firing live ammunition. Just thinkin out loud.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

3-7-77
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Timbermaster
They should use inoperable prop guns on film sets, incapable of firing live ammunition. Just thinkin out loud.
Just use real guns that have had firing pin modifications so they cannot detonate a normal primer, but can detonate special primers on specially made blank ammo. One look at the firing pin will inform one that it's a prop (blank firing) gun.

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by Timbermaster

Then they couldn't get rid of people who say things like, "I have information on Killery that will put her in prison for life".

Since her husband was a lowyer working for a law firm that represented Killery, it figures that Alex believed her.

The fact she was working on a buildup for a movie about child trafficking with Anne Heche (who died suddenly) and another guy (who also died suddenly) probably didn't endear her to a pedophile like Baldwin.

Strangely, Baldwin starred in the movie Hunt for Red October where the Russian sub was based in Minsk, where Halyna Hutchins was born and raised.

Last edited by jaguartx; 04/22/23.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

KB
Knarley Bob, do you have a source on the "worn joints" report? I'd like to send it to someone I know who is looking for info on why Baldwin's charges have been dropped.

As you, I have no idea what that "worn joints" could be ... and I've owned seven Colt Single Action revolvers over the years, First, Second, and Third generation, have taken them apart to clean them many times, am very familiar with every part in one, and I haven't the faintest idea what is meant by whomever wrote that report.

Thanks.

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Ya had too . . . HAD TOO know the fix was in as soon as he fired the gun!

I was listening to BBC and the headline the read to the story was' When the gun went off' . . . .

NOT when baldwin fired the gun.

Jus' Sayin'

Some spelling errors can be corrected by a vowel movement.
~ MOLON LABE ~
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by jaguartx
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Lol. Hitch your wagon to that conservative train!

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T

Didn't the FBI's expert say the revolver was in good working condition?

Must have lied, I guess.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
I read that this revolver had a “trigger job” done in the past so they’re saying that the new information (trigger job) creates enough doubt that bringing charges aren’t warranted.

As I’ve always maintained, I hate Baldwin but I don’t want to sacrifice the 2A simply because he’s a dirtbag. The law doesn’t delineate the scumbag defendants from the good guys when its precedent is set.

I’m still of the mindset that it’s better to let 100 guilty men go then to incorrectly convict 1 innocent man! I will not allow myself to be so blinded by my hatred of liberals that in my zeal for justice I ignore the principles that ONCE made us great! If I have to sink to the same immoral and unconstitutional levels of the liberal mindset in my opposition to them then I’m NO better than they are. I will always fight harder and with more focus than the liberals and I’ll fight them as dirty as needed…physically. I won’t compromise my morals and create lies from whole cloth nor will I engage in the despicable and sickening emotional tactics and lies like the liberal. The liberal has to resort to every slimy tactic imaginable because they have no morals, values or conscience but mostly because their worldview is based on lies. Liberals are an “ends justifies the means” group which don’t concern themselves with how they affect change ONLY that they actually do affect their desired change. They (liberals) begin (virtually) everything from the position of an anti-constitutional, anti-American, anti-capitalist position and degrade from there.

Liberals will happily and readily offer up their own for sacrifice if they think that it will further their message and their cause. They don’t have sentimental attachments, they don’t process or value interpersonal relationships with the genuine sincerity that normal people do and they don’t care about the individual….the individual to them is simply a tool to be used and discarded once the objective has been reached. The liberal ONLY cares about the CAUSE…the individual is worthless other than what they can contribute to the cause.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
I read that this revolver had a “trigger job” done in the past so they’re saying that the new information (trigger job) creates enough doubt that bringing charges aren’t warranted.

As I’ve always maintained, I hate Baldwin but I don’t want to sacrifice the 2A simply because he’s a dirtbag. The law doesn’t delineate the scumbag defendants from the good guys when its precedent is set.

I’m still of the mindset that it’s better to let 100 guilty men go then to incorrectly convict 1 innocent man! I will not allow myself to be so blinded by my hatred of liberals that in my zeal for justice I ignore the principles that ONCE made us great! If I have to sink to the same immoral and unconstitutional levels of the liberal mindset in my opposition to them then I’m NO better than they are. I will always fight harder and with more focus than the liberals and I’ll fight them as dirty as needed…physically. I won’t compromise my morals and create lies from whole cloth nor will I engage in the despicable and sickening emotional tactics and lies like the liberal. The liberal has to resort to every slimy tactic imaginable because they have no morals, values or conscience but mostly because their worldview is based on lies. Liberals are an “ends justifies the means” group which don’t concern themselves with how they affect change ONLY that they actually do affect their desired change. They (liberals) begin (virtually) everything from the position of an anti-constitutional, anti-American, anti-capitalist position and degrade from there.

Liberals will happily and readily offer up their own for sacrifice if they think that it will further their message and their cause. They don’t have sentimental attachments, they don’t process or value interpersonal relationships with the genuine sincerity that normal people do and they don’t care about the individual….the individual to them is simply a tool to be used and discarded once the objective has been reached. The liberal ONLY cares about the CAUSE…the individual is worthless other than what they can contribute to the cause.

Type more.

What are the rules of gun safety again?

K
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
K
From the beginning there was zero doubt that he would get off with no charges. That's just the way it works with that crowd. And, enough money always wins in the end.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Dess
He's eager to get back to the set of "Rust" so he can resume shooting people.

Fixed it.

"Full time night woman? I never could find no tracks on a woman's heart. I packed me a squaw for ten year, Pilgrim. Cheyenne, she were, and the meanest bitch that ever balled for beads."
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
JCube….This isn’t a yes or no question game and it’s slightly more involved than what your simple mind can absorb.

This case isn’t a hunters education exam and your “gun safety” rules do NOT carry the weight of the law but it was cute that you tried to make a point….you’re wrong as usual but nice job with your misplaced questions. 👍🏼

Keep trying….one day you might accidentally make a point. 😉

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

180 members (2500HD, 3dtestify, 325wsm1, 280ACKIMP, 007FJ, 1badf350, 15 invisible), 12,414 guests, and 1,090 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,338
Posts18,546,276
Members74,060
Most Online21,066
May 26th, 2024

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.