-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 20 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 19 20
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Wasn’t there a thread awhile back about declining number of folks going to church?

And y’all worried about who brings the message to those that do attend??

#sheesh!

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by efw
Originally Posted by SuperCub
Originally Posted by shrapnel
Women make great cops, soldiers and firemen, why not preachers…

..... because God said no. Who are we to say otherwise?

I’m pretty sure that was tongue firmly in cheek

In retrospect, you're probably right. More coffee will fix that oversight. smile

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by BigDave39355
Wasn’t there a thread awhile back about declining number of folks going to church?

And y’all worried about who brings the message to those that do attend??

#sheesh!

Read post #18370609

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Good Lord, only someone unmarried would post that question

Phil Shoemaker
Alaska Master Guide,
Alaska Hunter Ed Instructor
FAA Master pilot
www.grizzlyskinsofalaska.com

Anyone who claims the 30-06 is not effective has either not used one, or else is unwittingly commenting on their marksmanship.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by FNWhelen
No amount of twisting things around like a two dollar lawyer to two bit politician, the Apostle Paul said let a woman keep silent during services. That is the end of the debate far as I am concerned.
What did Jesus say about that? You quoted that letter writer who claimed he could talk to Jesus, saw visions, and went on a trip to heaven. Most likely he was gay, bipolar, or schizoid with a heavy dose of narcissism.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.
Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
Hebrew Roots Judaizer
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Hastings
Jesus: "Take heed that ye be not deceived, for many shall come in my name"

You're right, Jesus did say that.

What He didn't say is that ALL would be deceived which means that not all that come in His name are false prophets.

What did Jesus say about that? You quoted that letter writer who claimed he could talk to Jesus, saw visions, and went on a trip to heaven. Most likely he was gay, bipolar, or schizoid with a heavy dose of narcissism.

If you count Paul as a false prophet, you have taken the bait.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
This thread beats the best chainsaw threads hands down. Hahahahaha

"Miss Jean Louise, stand up. Your father's passin.'"
L
LBP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L

What He didn't say is that ALL would be deceived which means that not all that come in His name are false prophets.

+1 wow

Will Munny: It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have.

The Schofield Kid: Yeah, well, I guess they had it coming.

Will Munny: We all got it coming, kid.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter

Are you sure?

Hebrew Roots Judaizer
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by FNWhelen
No amount of twisting things around like a two dollar lawyer to two bit politician, the Apostle Paul said let a woman keep silent during services. That is the end of the debate far as I am concerned.

LOL.

Like there was ever any doubt about Hastings.

IC B3

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Let me ask a question to any of the "because God said so" people.

Taking into consideration that you are reading something that God told the early church more than 2000 years ago, is it just possible that God didn't want women preachers then because of the social status that women held? Is it just possible that a rule given 2000 years ago no longer applies especially considering other scriptures like Gal.3:28?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Ankle length skirts?
Those are a misreading of scripture. It appears in a couple OT books that men and women are prohibited from wearing each other's clothing as it's an abomination to God. It's not talking about women wearing jeans. Styles of clothing are determined by the local custom, not by anything in scripture. These verses are talking about cross dressing, trying to be the opposite sex. Transvestites. Sound familiar?
OK, but what about the head covering?

https://biblehub.com/1_corinthians/11-6.htm
I don't think head covering was an OT thing. Where is that in the bible?
When Jewish men prayed, they covered their heads with a prayer shawl. In the NT, Paul said that men should not cover their heads. But, he was talking to the Greeks, not the Jews. It's not a conflict of scripture but rather a conflict of customs. It's how you show respect to the Lord. They used to pray holding their hands in the air. Now the prevalent custom is to bow the head. In some churches you see both.
When I was young, all women wore hats in church and men always wore ties. Now days, very few do. In Bible times, prostitutes wore their hair short. I don't know if that was a law or advertising their businesses. Virtuous women wore their hair long. Those customs no longer exist.

My opinion is that dress codes vary with the times. As long as you honor the Lord, do clothes matter?

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
I don’t need to watch the video and have not.

Someone made the observation that a woman who wants to preach may be doing so to stroke her own ambitions. I know of such a woman. She did preach. She was later exposed for the tremendous sin in her life and she lost her profession in ministry.

Men and women are equal in God’s eyes. But they have unique and distinctly different roles in the church, in marriage, and in the family.

Another person made reference to the NIV translation. Please consider using either the NASB or ESV translations. They are more of a word-for-word translation whereas the NIV leans more toward being a thought-for-thought translation. Be careful in selection of a study Bible - the Life Application study Bible has some comments that directly contradict the scripture they are explaining.

We cannot cherry-pick the scriptures. Jesus is the manifestation of God’s Word. To cherry-pick the scriptures is to create your own version of Jesus - and your created Jesus has no power to save you.

When we debate the “rightness” of a scripture, we are placing ourselves above God and believe our judgment is superior to his.

If you reject any or all of Paul’s writings, you are cherry-picking.

However, there is one situation that I don’t know how to answer. What about the situation where there is no male preacher? I have a female Christian friend in China whose preacher is a female - there is no option for a male preacher. None of the men are willing to step up and become a preacher. I would appreciate hearing the perspectives from fellow believers.

Adventure is the only thing you buy that makes you richer
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Ankle length skirts?
Those are a misreading of scripture. It appears in a couple OT books that men and women are prohibited from wearing each other's clothing as it's an abomination to God. It's not talking about women wearing jeans. Styles of clothing are determined by the local custom, not by anything in scripture. These verses are talking about cross dressing, trying to be the opposite sex. Transvestites. Sound familiar?
OK, but what about the head covering?

https://biblehub.com/1_corinthians/11-6.htm
I don't think head covering was an OT thing. Where is that in the bible?
When Jewish men prayed, they covered their heads with a prayer shawl. In the NT, Paul said that men should not cover their heads. But, he was talking to the Greeks, not the Jews. It's not a conflict of scripture but rather a conflict of customs. It's how you show respect to the Lord. They used to pray holding their hands in the air. Now the prevalent custom is to bow the head. In some churches you see both.
When I was young, all women wore hats in church and men always wore ties. Now days, very few do. In Bible times, prostitutes wore their hair short. I don't know if that was a law or advertising their businesses. Virtuous women wore their hair long. Those customs no longer exist.

My opinion is that dress codes vary with the times. As long as you honor the Lord, do clothes matter?

Good points! It is the heart and the intention of the heart that matters, not the law.
That is the meaning of 2 Cor.3:6
Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.”

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RHClark

Taking into consideration that you are reading something that God told the early church more than 2000 years ago, is it just possible that God didn't want women preachers then because of the social status that women held? Is it just possible that a rule given 2000 years ago no longer applies especially considering other scriptures like Gal.3:28?
I appreciate your insight. A bunch.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Hebrews 13:8 KJV Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and today, and for ever.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Women in the pulpit, is in actuality, more a biological than theological concern...

Men Preach.
Women Screech!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

women preaching is like when we gave women the right to vote .i have seen what both have done to this country ..and it is not for the good liberal or conservitive .women base their decisions on emotions ,not facts or what it right.notice most women preachers are pushing the gay agenda in the churches

Last edited by rem shooter; 04/25/23.

NRA Life Member
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
No.

μολὼν λαβέ
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by AdventureBound
If you reject any or all of Paul’s writings, you are cherry-picking.
Please read Romans 13:1-6 and tell us what you think. Hitler, Stalin, or Biden probably like(d) that chapter.

Hebrew Roots Judaizer
Page 7 of 20 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 19 20

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

639 members (10gaugemag, 12344mag, 10gaugeman, 1eyedmule, 10Glocks, 1badf350, 67 invisible), 17,057 guests, and 1,134 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,313
Posts18,545,684
Members74,060
Most Online21,066
May 26th, 2024

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.