Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Guess i'm the only one here that likes Ted Cruz, he is and has been one of our most effective Senators, while dealing with a total Democrap controlled Congress, what the hell do you expect? when you have no control over the Liberal Commies, If your so damn smart and can fix all our problems why aren't you running for the Senate. Rio7

GB1

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Cruz has done more behind the scenes during Trumps presidency than most people realize - with respect to filling federal court seats with conservative judges.

Cornyn is a [bleep] head. In Congress so is Crenshaw.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Cornyn, Is a Puppet, i've talked to him and Cruz, Cornyn, is a light weight compared to Cruz, haven't met Crenshaw, Rio7

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Does TX use Dominion, or have Mail-in ballots?

What about Voter ID?

Last edited by steve4102; 05/02/23.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
The race is not without risk for Allred. He would have to give up his newly safe seat in Congress, where he has been rising within the Democratic caucus.

Allred also is likely to have credible primary competition. State Sen. Roland Gutierrez of San Antonio is poised to run, though he is unlikely to make any announcements until after the current legislative session, which ends May 29.

https://www.texastribune.org/2023/05/01/colin-allred-senate-ted-cruz-election/

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by steve4102

What about Voter ID?

No.

Mail in by request only, signature verification.

Yes, you have to show valid photo ID.

But Houston, Dallas, and San Antonio still cheat. More particularly Houston.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
G
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
G
Originally Posted by rainshot
Allred is a leftist democrat. I have been disappointed by Cruz but not enough to replace him, never with a democrat. Cornyn must go but getting the GOP to let go of his sorry ass is nigh on to impossible.

This is how I feel as well. Both sides will look for troubled/weak candidates to snipe at each election cycle and it appears Cruz is in the crosshairs. I think Allred is a very well-spoken candidate and could have a very good chance of defeating Cruz as he doesn't come across as being as far left as Beto. Especially since the next election is during a presidential cycle, when turnout is greatest. The momentum from the top of the ticket will play a huge roll on determining the downstream ballots.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Henryseale
Originally Posted by rainshot
Allred is a leftist democrat. I have been disappointed by Cruz but not enough to replace him, never with a democrat. Cornyn must go but getting the GOP to let go of his sorry ass is nigh on to impossible.
My understanding is that Cornyn has said he will not run for another term. I would like very much to replace him with a good Republican, but I'm not sure who would be interested in running for his spot. Current Lt. Governor Dan Patrick would be an excellent choice, IMO. Maybe Gov. Gregg Abbott? My congressman, Randy Weber, would be a very good candidate for the senate, but I would hate to loose him as my congressman.

Unfortunately, I suspect one of the candidates will be the Super RINO and Trump hater, Will Hurd, who voted against Trump's building the wall amongst all his other votes in line with the Dims. He wisely didn't run for Congress in our district as most folks were tired of his liberal voting record. Prob now is we got one another Representative just about as bad as Hurd.

G
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
G
I feel like we're in a race to the bottom with the quality of candidates on both sides. Aren't there any people that have a right of center philosophy who promote policies of fiscal conservatism and social moderation? It seems that regardless of what the media tries to feed us, that's the political position that most Americans have. Not far right or far left.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
https://texasscorecard.com/state/woke-congressman-kicks-off-attempt-for-ted-cruz-senate-seat/

In a presidential election year certain to be bad for Democrats in Texas, an incumbent Democrat is giving up his seat in Congress to challenge Republican U.S. Sen. Ted Cruz.

A one-time professional athlete, U.S. Rep. Colin Allred (D-TX) has served in Congress since 2019. Fresh off his re-election in November, Allred announced his long-shot bid a year out from the 2024 Democrat primary.

In his campaign announcement, Allred played up his status as a former NFL player and focused less on his left-wing record in Congress.

“When I left the NFL, I thought my days of putting people on the ground were over. Then January 6 happened,” said Allred in a video posted to Twitter, alluding to the events of January 6, 2021, at the U.S. Capitol.

Allred accuses Cruz of being “all hat, no cattle,” adding that the incumbent “only cares about himself.”

“I’m running for U.S. Senate because Texans deserve a senator whose team is Texas,” the Democrat added.

However, Allred’s voting record is a direct contrast to what polling and election results show are important to Texas voters. As a member of Congress, the Democrat has voted against:

-Protecting women’s and girls’ sports
-Parental rights over their child’s education, including allowing parents to review their child’s school curriculum, inspect -books and reading materials available in their child’s school, and review the budget of revenues and expenditures for their child’s school
-Repealing the COVID-19 public health emergency declaration from 2020
-Requiring healthcare practitioners to save babies born prematurely following an abortion or attempted abortion-

Meanwhile, he voted in favor of:

-Continuing to require foreign travelers to show proof of their COVID-19 jab status before entering the U.S.
-Providing statutory authority for same-sex marriages (Allred was also the co-sponsor for this measure in 2022)
-Banning “assault” weapons
-Prohibiting anyone acting under state law from interfering with a woman attempting to get an out-of-state abortion (co-sponsored by Allred)
-Regulating access and establishing new criminal offenses for obtaining certain firearms (co-sponsored by Allred)
-Expressing unequivocal support for Ukraine

“Democrats have once again turned to a far-left radical to run for Senate,” explained Cruz spokesman Nick Maddux in a statement. “Not only does Colin Allred vote with Nancy Pelosi 100 percent of the time, but his voting record is completely out of touch with Texas.”

It has been close to 30 years since Democrats in Texas have won a race for a seat in the U.S. Senate.

In 2018, Cruz beat Democrat former U.S. Rep. Robert “Beto” O’Rourke by approximately 3 points; Maddux believes Allred has no chance of winning.

Allred acknowledged that “some people say a Democrat can’t win in Texas,” but he argued he has “taken down a lot tougher guys than Ted Cruz.”

His ad on Twitter has already gained a variety of negative responses.

The congressman was accused of lying to people, lacking merit, and defaming another candidate. His use of January 6 in his ad was also labeled an “old” appeal to Democrat voters.

“Allred is too extreme for Texas,” stated Maddux. “Thankfully, the Lone Star State has a tireless champion in Sen. Ted Cruz.”

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

IC B3

MAC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by gsganzer
I heard today that Colin Allred (D) Dallas, will be running against Ted Cruz at his next reelection for senator.
Cruz has to be one of the least likeable candidates I've ever voted for. I have a suspicion that ol' Ted will be getting his clock cleaned. Allred isn't Beto (Francis) O'Rourke and doesn't come across as a flaming liberal that's out of touch expecting unicorns and butterflies.

BS. You're a blithering IDIOT if you think that LIB will beat Cruz.

You get out of life what you are willing to accept. If you ain't happy, do something about it!
MAC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by ribka
Cruz has been a huge disappointment

He has done nothing other than fleeing to Mexico during winter power outage

Is his kahunty daughter still blasting him and conservative on social media??!

Christ he can’t even control his snotty little brat

Cruz the coward really dropped the ball the first two years of trumps presidency . Could not even get rid of Obamacare and never even tried

He was awol during covid. Now he spends more energy on Ukraine than Texas. Just a booger eater

Anybody from the state that allows Patty Murray and Jay Inslee to be in office doesn't have the right to tell us a damn thing about how we do things in TX. GFY!

You get out of life what you are willing to accept. If you ain't happy, do something about it!
MAC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by steve4102

What about Voter ID?

Don't worry about TX until you clean up MN Moron.

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by RIO7
Guess i'm the only one here that likes Ted Cruz, he is and has been one of our most effective Senators, while dealing with a total Democrap controlled Congress, what the hell do you expect? when you have no control over the Liberal Commies, If your so damn smart and can fix all our problems why aren't you running for the Senate. Rio7

Lol

Cruz the booger eater spends more time hiding in Mexico or over in Ukraine giving tens of billions to the corrupt Nazi tape worm

Cruz has accomplished nothing in his career. He didn’t even try to get rid of Obama’s destructive policies

He’s more concerned that his wife, who is a chair woman A th corrupt Goldman Sachs, get their cut of tax dollars

Last edited by ribka; 05/04/23.
R
Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
R
I live in Idaho. Remember when we sent down the national guard to help secure the border?

Cruz wants open borders and it’s obvious. The coward disappeared during the covid vax mandates while thousands of Texans were fired for not getting the dangerous jab

I see the navy hired another drag queen to help with enlistment. Lol. I always knew the navy attracted its shares of fudge packers but this is impressive

Originally Posted by MAC
Originally Posted by ribka
Cruz has been a huge disappointment

He has done nothing other than fleeing to Mexico during winter power outage

Is his kahunty daughter still blasting him and conservative on social media??!

Christ he can’t even control his snotty little brat

Cruz the coward really dropped the ball the first two years of trumps presidency . Could not even get rid of Obamacare and never even tried

He was awol during covid. Now he spends more energy on Ukraine than Texas. Just a booger eater

Anybody from the state that allows Patty Murray and Jay Inslee to be in office doesn't have the right to tell us a damn thing about how we do things in TX. GFY!

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
I heard today that Colin Allred (D) Dallas, will be running against Ted Cruz at his next reelection for senator.
Cruz has to be one of the least likeable candidates I've ever voted for. I have a suspicion that ol' Ted will be getting his clock cleaned. Allred isn't Beto (Francis) O'Rourke and doesn't come across as a flaming liberal that's out of touch expecting unicorns and butterflies.

Are you some stinking flaming lib? Cruz isn't perfect but to put an insane liberal demoncrat in his place is just stupid.

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by MAC

BS. You're a blithering IDIOT if you think that LIB will beat Cruz.

Ironically it’s turns out the booger eater is a uni party big time lib

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
R
Cruz it’s a corrupt globalist shill like his wife

Sucking up to the anti American global homo Atlantic council

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Like I said. Liberals hate Cruz. ^

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I saw his ad about taking his jacket off and ready to kick anyone's ass that walked thru that door

not that I don't doubt the man could probably whoop some ass, but if that's the tone he wants to take on as challenger, I don't think its going to work

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

546 members (10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 12344mag, 06hunter59, 10gaugeman, 10ring1, 60 invisible), 17,204 guests, and 1,270 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,872
Posts18,537,861
Members74,050
Most Online20,796
2 hours ago

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.