Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by JeffA
[Linked Image][Linked Image]

This is Goldie, she's almost 25ft now and a whopping 350 pounds.
Currently the largest known to be in captivity.

You can stop by and check her out at Skunkape Headquarters in the Glades, bring beer.

Skunkape Headquarters was one of the last know locations of Flave, so maybe he's there too.

[Linked Image]

Didn't he deliver Bud Light there ?

crazy

Paul.

"Kids who grow up hunting, fishing & trapping, do not mug little old Ladies"
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by tikkanut
Not......Classified Cowboys

Those guys in Florida catching them there big snakes

I'm thing Didigtal Dan is after 'em ?

With his 22 LR reloads

Miss Lynn wants to know if you are looking foe python Wraglers or Python Riders?

-OMotS

"If memory serves fails me..."
Quote: ( unnamed) "been prtty deep in the cooler todaay "

Television and radio are most effective when people question little and think even less.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by New_2_99s

You can stop by and check her out at Skunkape Headquarters in the Glades, bring beer.

Skunkape Headquarters was one of the last know locations of Flave, so maybe he's there too.

[Linked Image]

crazy

Why do you think he's wearing a sweatshirt in south Floriduh?

The "therapy" has begun...

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

T
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by Rooster7

[Linked Image]

crazy

Skeeters carry badd schidt

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
There goes a couple of tourist now, they love them snakes.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

I am at a loss for words.

I am always looking for factory wood stocks!
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 160user
I am at a loss for words.

Is that the first Python you've seen?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
What the law requires is this.

There is an ethical and legal obligation to ensure nonnative reptiles are killed in a humane manner.

The standard anti-cruelty law is required to be followed, it's the only law enforced when hunting these snakes.

To follow the law it's a two step process.

Step 1- Your method should result in the animal losing consciousness immediately.

Step 2- You should then destroy the animal's brain by “pithing” which prevents the animal from regaining consciousness.

Fish and games wording of guidelines states "We highly encourage capture followed by legal euthanization".

You'll be arrested for sure if caught transporting one alive so it must be killed and removed from the area.

These snake can have as many as 100 eggs inside them which in theory could hatch as the deterioration process takes place with a dead snake.

Being most hunters are challenged by successfully accomplishing a lung shot on a deer let alone a heart shot, Fish and Game knows this and is well aware you're not likely to be capable of a brain shot on a snake.

No brain shot, no ethical kill, animal cruelty charges apply.

You can go out and take pot-shots at snakes all you want but it'd just be for your own jollies being they will disappear on you in a flash if not rendered unconscious with the first shot.

Then you've not removed the potentially egg filled snake from the environment and done no one any favors.

[Linked Image from zenodo.org]

[Linked Image from myfwc.com]

What this tells me is Florida F&G is as goofy as PGC.

Sure, we can talk optimum, and the slim possibility it's a female snake, she has eggs,
the eggs are viable, and the stars will align for them to hatch.

Weigh that against someone like myself who is not gonna play with a big snake.
Is not gonna surgically kill one, so is either going to club it, chop it, or shoot it.

NO, NO NO!!

OK, so I just let it go?

Fugg that!

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
N
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
N
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck
What the law requires is this.

There is an ethical and legal obligation to ensure nonnative reptiles are killed in a humane manner.

The standard anti-cruelty law is required to be followed, it's the only law enforced when hunting these snakes.

To follow the law it's a two step process.

Step 1- Your method should result in the animal losing consciousness immediately.

Step 2- You should then destroy the animal's brain by “pithing” which prevents the animal from regaining consciousness.

Fish and games wording of guidelines states "We highly encourage capture followed by legal euthanization".

You'll be arrested for sure if caught transporting one alive so it must be killed and removed from the area.

These snake can have as many as 100 eggs inside them which in theory could hatch as the deterioration process takes place with a dead snake.

Being most hunters are challenged by successfully accomplishing a lung shot on a deer let alone a heart shot, Fish and Game knows this and is well aware you're not likely to be capable of a brain shot on a snake.

No brain shot, no ethical kill, animal cruelty charges apply.

You can go out and take pot-shots at snakes all you want but it'd just be for your own jollies being they will disappear on you in a flash if not rendered unconscious with the first shot.

Then you've not removed the potentially egg filled snake from the environment and done no one any favors.

[Linked Image from zenodo.org]

What this tells me is Florida F&G is as goofy as PGC.

Sure, we can talk optimum, and the slim possibility it's a female snake, she has eggs,
the eggs are viable, and the stars will align for them to hatch.

Weigh that against someone like myself who is not gonna play with a big snake.
Is not gonna surgically kill one, so is either going to club it, chop it, or shoot it.

NO, NO NO!!

OK, so I just let it go?

Fugg that!
A 12 gauge to the head should cover most of the important parts of the brain rendering it incapacitated instantly and no snake wrestling involved.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I didn't make the rule, I just copy and pasted it here.

There's just one, you don't even have to be a resident or have a license even..

top: Green Tree Python ____ btm: Anaconda

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Rooster7

[Linked Image]

crazy

Tranny fluid Travis, has a nice ring to it !

Paul.

"Kids who grow up hunting, fishing & trapping, do not mug little old Ladies"
IC B3

R
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
R
Biggest Rock I've seen. Lucy is a reticulated python. Don't think I've seen one come out of the wilds in Florida. Only burmese. No green or yellow anaconda's either. Only Burmese which like iguana's are very very prolific!!! The, eh " ladies " are " posing " with a yellow headed retic.....................Whew

S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
S
So the eggs hatch inside a dead mama. Sounds incredulous right there. Then what? Eat their way out? Head for the exit, or entrance?

And humanly “euthanized”. Got to be a “can’t we just live with the predators” behind that. Immediately unconscious? Who’s kidding who? “Yessir I blowed that head right off. Second shot in the middle was a accident”. Somehow it comes to me that there’s probly a lot of bayou boys practicing 1/3 of SSS.

“When Tyranny becomes Law, Rebellion becomes Duty”

Colossians 3:17 (New King James Version)
"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Razorhog
Biggest Rock I've seen. Lucy is a reticulated python. Don't think I've seen one come out of the wilds in Florida. Only burmese. No green or yellow anaconda's either. Only Burmese which like iguana's are very very prolific!!! The, eh " ladies " are " posing " with a yellow headed retic.....................Whew

Being the invasive snakes population supposedly got its start in the Glades due to released pets and Pythons are the most popular pet snake it's not surprising it's the most common found.

We have captured a mixed bag of species, mostly through tips from observers that spot them in the canals along US 41 in the Glades. We've collected a few Anaconda's.

Park Service makes themselves pretty unavailable so people just stop in and inform us of their sightings.

These snakes along the road could easily have been very recently released by their owners.

The Burmese Python may be far more prolific due to the adult snake staying with it's eggs until hatched.

Not many snakes do this.

Egg predation with snakes runs much like the Alligators, it's about their only enemy.

Racoons, Possums, and a host of other varmints feast on their eggs. Fire Ants are a huge predator of eggs, they're vicious.

Both the Gators and Snakes lay their eggs on high ground, the rise and fall of water levels due to storms cause these ants to move to these higher locations and they find the eggs.

They create rafts on the floods that can consist of thousands of ants.

[Linked Image from i0.wp.com]

That many ants making landfall on a nest of eggs will make short work of destroying every egg in the nest.

Idunno is the Pythons staying with their eggs make them less vulnerable to the Fire Ants but it sure as hell helps with keeping other small animals from attacking their eggs.

This could be a major factor with the Pythons being King of the Glades, they care for their young.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by shootem
So the eggs hatch inside a dead mama. Sounds incredulous right there. Then what? Eat their way out? Head for the exit, or entrance?

The theory is the heat generated by the snakes decomposing could keep the eggs warm enough to survive until the body completely decomposes, then the eggs could hatch.

But considering the Fire Ants are sure to attack the decomposing body, consuming both the flesh and eggs it's doubly doubtful.

I pulled the entire idea outta my azz while composing the post, you know, writer enhancement.
Congratulations on your reader comprehension skills, it's rare in these parts. The whole theory is total bullschit, people will believe anything.

And humanly “euthanized”. Got to be a “can’t we just live with the predators” behind that.

Of Course!

The State sponsored 'Florida Python Challenge offers a $10,000.00 reward for the most snakes captured.

You bet they were attack by the Greenies and Barkeaters alike.
They swarmed them like Fire Ants, State funds for killing innocent snakes?

And that was the origin of that rule, otherwise nobuddy of given a schit.

Immediately unconscious? Who’s kidding who? “Yessir I blowed that head right off. Second shot in the middle was a accident”. Somehow it comes to me that there’s probly a lot of bayou boys practicing 1/3 of SSS.

And they do, just not during the Python Challenge event.

Check out the link, see if you can pass the quiz to qualify to go after the $10,000.00.

There are multible cash categories.

Here are some past winners.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
S
Liked the site but couldn’t find the quiz. No matter, I’d qualify as an amateur observer probably cause I care nothing at all about wandering the Everglades at night. And yes, I saw where the 3 step euthanasia boogie came from. Amazing how a large number of ignorant people with loud voices can overcome logical actions. I’ll try to get the training course up later. Sounds fun.

"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I've wandered the Everglades and other flood prone Florida coastal regions at night.

There have been times it was by choice and times it was scrambling to secure valuables during late night storm surges.

I've never encountered a snake during those times but I have ran into the rafts if Fire Ants.

I think I'd rather it been snakes, a couple thousand Fire Ants scrambling up your legs in the dark, biting the crap outta you before you even knew they were there is far worse than wrestling a non venomous reptile in the dark.

Just a tip i n case ya ever change your mind and decide to wander around Florida.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Razorhog

Being the invasive snakes population supposedly got its start in the Glades due to released pets and Pythons are the most popular pet snake it's not surprising it's the most common found.

We have captured a mixed bag of species, mostly through tips from observers that spot them in the canals along US 41 in the Glades. We've collected a few Anaconda's.

Park Service makes themselves pretty unavailable so people just stop in and inform us of their sightings.

These snakes along the road could easily have been very recently released by their owners.

The Burmese Python may be far more prolific due to the adult snake staying with it's eggs until hatched.

Not many snakes do this.

Egg predation with snakes runs much like the Alligators, it's about their only enemy.

Racoons, Possums, and a host of other varmints feast on their eggs. Fire Ants are a huge predator of eggs, they're vicious.

Both the Gators and Snakes lay their eggs on high ground, the rise and fall of water levels due to storms cause these ants to move to these higher locations and they find the eggs.

They create rafts on the floods that can consist of thousands of ants.

[Linked Image from i0.wp.com]

That many ants making landfall on a nest of eggs will make short work of destroying every egg in the nest.

Idunno is the Pythons staying with their eggs make them less vulnerable to the Fire Ants but it sure as hell helps with keeping other small animals from attacking their eggs.

This could be a major factor with the Pythons being King of the Glades, they care for their young.
I bumped into one of those rafts of fire ants while running trot lines, it was not fun.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
Kaa was a badass.

P

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
S
Actually Jeff I will probably be roaming north FL a little sometime this summer. Moving somewhere in the Yulee, Callahan, MacClenny, Nocatee areas as soon as we find the right place. Dang housing prices around there are crazy but daughter and new grandson are there so away we go.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
If you could stretch your search area to the west as far as Lake City, you'll find a considerable price differance in real-estate and a refreshing landscape change.

At 60 miles away from Jax it gets you out of daily babysitting detail but you can be there in right at an hour with a direct shot interstate route.

Lake City Property For Sale

Pay attention to county property tax rates, they vary wildly

Jax = Duval County $250K home taxed @ $2125.00

Lake City = Suwanee County $250K home taxed @ $1675.00

http://www.tax-rates.org/florida/property-tax#counties

Florida Homestead Tax Exemptions

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

724 members (160user, 1beaver_shooter, 06hunter59, 16gage, 10ring1, 10Glocks, 69 invisible), 3,307 guests, and 1,344 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,308
Posts18,526,148
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.