Hop To
Bugger Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
WTF is going on?

I prefer classic.
Semper Fi
I used to run with the hare. Now I'm envious of the tortoise and I do my own stunts but rarely intentionally
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Bugger;
Good evening to you, I hope you're having appropriate weather in your corner of NE South Dakota and all who matter to you are well.

As of October 21, 2022 the Lib/NDP/BQ coalition headed by PM Shiny Pony enacted a freeze on all handgun transfers here. This was in addition to an earlier suspension of most AR/AK/FN FAL variants which didn't allow them to be even used.

Handguns which are currently in possession can be shot at approved ranges, but no further selling, buying, borrowing or inheriting from that day forward.

Of course most of the police chiefs in the larger centers told the government this won't have any appreciable affect on crime because in most cases 85% or more they say, the firearms are unlawfully obtained by individuals who wouldn't be able to lawfully obtain any firearm up here, much less a handgun.

It did lead to a buying and transferring flurry as you can imagine, where most gun stores in the country were emptied within days.

As well, a lot of folks did something similar to what we did in that we transferred all that we were able to younger shooters.

It's beyond galling of course because the government is taking property which was legally obtained and maintained and making it worthless overnight.

We're fighting it of course, in court as well as in the political arena. Some provinces, specifically Saskatchewan and Alberta have put up some creative legal roadblocks of provincial legislature to slow the feds down and that's gratifying to see, or it is for me.

They've made it pretty clear they don't want us to have any firearms and even though First Nations folks have an entrenched right to hunt, the implication is that they might not have an inherent right to hunt with firearms.

Anyways sir, that's the short version of what we've been dealing with for the past few years up here.

Best to you and yours regardless of the interesting days on both sides of the medicine line.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Good summary Dwayne.
Not sure how any legitimacy can be found in this government, the foreign influence is not an illusion, its real and the integrity of the entire Liberal government is looking pretty shaky.

A
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
Very sad to hear.

If Dwayne & all the other good guys in Canada would move to the US of A, & we could send all the Democrats here up to Canada, perhaps we could all be content...

Maybe sending all the Libs from both nations to China would work out better. If we don’t we’ll all be speaking Chinese anyway.

Bugger Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Dwayne

Thanks for the answer. If I had any hair to spare I’d be pulling it out. The real criminals are in power. Some of the best hunting in the world, in my opinion, is there. I imagine like the USA the city populations are far greater than the rural population.

Quote from Thomas Jefferson the smartest president the USA ever had:

In 1800, Jefferson summed up his views on cities: "I view great cities as pestilential to the morals, the health and the liberties of man. True, they nourish some of the elegant arts; but the useful ones can thrive elsewhere; and less perfection in the others, with more health, virtue and freedom, would be my choice."

Good luck with dealing with the left.

Bugger

I prefer classic.
Semper Fi
I used to run with the hare. Now I'm envious of the tortoise and I do my own stunts but rarely intentionally
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Bugger;
Top of the morning to you sir and thanks for the reply.

For sure the criminal activity is mostly centered in the larger urban centers here of Toronto, Vancouver and to a lesser degree Winnipeg, Calgary, Edmonton and Regina.

Regarding the unlawful firearm industry, there's a fair bit that I've been made aware of by friends in LE which they know is happening but it goes unreported by any of the legacy media for a plethora of reasons.

At one point in time it seems that the source of the firearms were former communist countries and now at least the handguns are coming primarily from south of the Medicine Line, but as with anything, if there are buyers, sellers will appear and sell what is being sought.

In Anteloper's reply, he mentioned moving south ourselves and we did look at that years back, but at that time we didn't fit the profile of desired immigrants or have the financial wherewithal then, so that as they say - was that. We've known more than a double handful of Canadians who have moved their businesses and themselves away, primarily to the US but some into various South and Central American nations as well.

Where I'm at currently in my beliefs is that I was given a huge legacy by my grandparents first who were refugees from eastern Europe, then by parents who survived the Great Depression, WWII and all the subsequent ups and downs after it. Thus I'm not even close to prepared to hand it over to any group who will - in my opinion - ruin a once great nation and crush the opportunities for our kids and their kids after that.

On the plus side we've seen some very effective firearms rights groups emerging that weren't here previous to this. While there are still some of my generation - boomer here - that remain stuck in the sort of "Fudd" mind set that the Laurentian Elite aren't coming for their side by side shotgun so it's all good, I'm seeing less of that every week.

Interestingly as well, I've had several conversations with younger folks who've indicated they're going to be getting into firearms for the simple reason that the government appears to want them not to..... wink

As you might imagine, it's not uncommon for some of my younger friends to introduce me to their friends as in "This is Dwayne my gun guy friend". laugh laugh

Anyways sir, it's not rosy by any stretch up here but I do see more people waking up to both the firearm issue for sure but the government overreach and intentional lies as well.

History will judge whether or not there's enough of us and whether we're on time to change the tide or not.

We'll see.

All the best to you all down south as we head into the warm part of the year.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
BC30cal's Liberal, NDP and Bloc make up 65% of the voters.

You can hunt longer with wind at your back
C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
That's a great idea, concentrate the libs, although they kinda are in the deep Blue states, commie-crats

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

579 members (1234, 007FJ, 17CalFan, 160user, 1beaver_shooter, 12344mag, 62 invisible), 2,457 guests, and 1,244 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,659
Posts18,493,524
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.