Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by JamesJr
Yes the magazine release is in a bad spot. It is a pretty easy fix though. I have 2 of the Minis, one which I converted to the Oregongunsmithing bottom metal, and the other is still factory. I cut about half the mag release off, and cut the magazine down to where it is almost flush. It works much better now.

I might buy another Mini now.

In the mean time I have a CZ527 that shoots very well. Still has the big mag sitting where I want to carry it but at least it doesn't fall out.

GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
SuperKchunt,

Kudos on eye fhuqking wares that exist...as you Drool aloud. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Fhuqking LAUGHING!!!!................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Big Stick
SuperKchunt,

Kudos on eye fhuqking wares that exist...as you Drool aloud. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Fhuqking LAUGHING!!!!................

Speaking of drool! smile Laugh all you want dumb dumb. I have all the guns I want/need and a few I don't.

I didn't piddle away my pension savings on a bunch of junker guns and accessories just to post pics on the interweb trying to be kool in front of a bunch of folks who don't care.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I looked at Jefferson and Oregon Gunsmithing on the 4th and none had anything in stock. I went to DIP and bought there bottom metal instead as they had 11 in stock at the time.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
SuperKchunt,

Fortunately for you,Imagination and Pretend are free,so even YOU can "afford" to "contribute"...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Feel free to extoll upon how many times a day you think about me and the durations of same,as you "live" vicariously. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Hudge
I looked at Jefferson and Oregon Gunsmithing on the 4th and none had anything in stock. I went to DIP and bought there bottom metal instead as they had 11 in stock at the time.
They went quickly. I asked to be put on a notification list, otherwise I probably would have missed out.

4 out of 5 Great Lakes prefer Michigan. smile
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I drive lots of Bob's wares and he's Custom built 1913 rails for me. That being said,the Howie's weakest link is the fhuqking dog schit magazines and the schit bottom "metal". Hint.

Bob nips one,but not the other(by literal design),while HPK knocks the entire sonofabitch out of the fhuqking park. Read that again. Now one more time. Hint.

"Their" is a "big" word too. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!...............

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Mine arrived today. It's a very nice piece of work and installed easily. I'm tempted to sell the 223/300BO Oregunsmithing bottom metal on my other rifle replace it with another unit from JO.

Nice work, HPK!

4 out of 5 Great Lakes prefer Michigan. smile
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
My second one was here when I got home yesterday. Function is great but the way it changes the rifle if you carry it in hand from the plastic tumor to slim/trim is more than worth the price of admission. Extra OAL is icing on the cake.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
The factory mags do suck. I put the kids in mdt lss chassis and the mag release on those are so heavy no kid could drop a mag where as the factory set could barely keep a mag in. I often wish gun company employees actually used what they put out. Often close but still miles away on what really works. The lss is too short in the forarm to really shoot well other than off a bipod but they always have a carbon fiber bipod on it. It's ok from a bench but leaves a lot to be desired from field positions.

I'm going to convert the grendel and the 7.62x39 both to these jeffy bdls and get those carbon fiber stocks this year. Then the 11 and 9 and 7 year old are going to work on shooting from field positions. The lss and bipod were just too frustrating for them in the field. They'd be ok for hunting from a stand or something but they sucked when things were in the field and happening fast.

Bb

Last edited by Burleyboy; 05/12/23.
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I've not been able to check Mail in a coupla days,though I expect a 3rd Gen2 JO Howie Minie bottom,to be laying in wait. The weather has been tough,as per usual and I'm cool with the wait. Hint.

I cut a check for a new outboard yesterday and got side tracked from the Post Office,shooting come-ups on a new platform. Tomorrow's PO hours are poor(noon to 2:00),but if I get "lucky" and fishing sucks,I'll catch it. Hint.

HPK's Howie Mini BDL bottoms,are simply fhuqking SENSATIONAL. Pardon my shooting it ALL. Hint..............

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by Burleyboy
The factory mags do suck. I put the kids in mdt lss chassis and the mag release on those are so heavy no kid could drop a mag where as the factory set could barely keep a mag in. I often wish gun company employees actually used what they put out. Often close but still miles away on what really works. The lss is too short in the forarm to really shoot well other than off a bipod but they always have a carbon fiber bipod on it. It's ok from a bench but leaves a lot to be desired from field positions.

I'm going to convert the grendel and the 7.62x39 both to these jeffy bdls and get those carbon fiber stocks this year. Then the 11 and 9 and 7 year old are going to work on shooting from field positions. The lss and bipod were just too frustrating for them in the field. They'd be ok for hunting from a stand or something but they sucked when things were in the field and happening fast.

Bb

I used an MDT LSS on a M7 .223AI with my kids for a while. It worked really well for us off of bags and in fixed position where a rest was available (mainly shooting houses). As you mentioned, off hand with one wasn't the best, especially for a kid....but at that age I didn't want them shooting off hand regardless of platform. Bolt manipulation suffered a bit as well but again, I was ok with slower work there for them at the time. The 5 round mags were good for feeding/keeping up with rounds/easy of unloading, and the release on the M7 version wasn't a problem for the kids. With a thin grip, adjustable stock, and low mounted scope, it had a lot of pro's for a kid...and they were enough to outweigh the cons at that age for the specified use.

Youngest played with a few different rifles last year and left the chassis behind for hunting. He is currently playing with a couple of mini's with me. He's tall enough now the LOP works for him. Definitely a lot better offhand. He's loving it and I think it's a better mousetrap all the way around that the MDT LSS for hunting at his age.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Just checked and #3 arrived. Hint.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

Obliged............

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by bruinruin
Originally Posted by Hudge
They went quickly. I asked to be put on a notification list, otherwise I probably would have missed out.

Good to know. I’m debating another Mini, this one in 6 ARC. If I do decide on one, it’s definitely getting the bottom metal, and doing away with Howa’s crappy magazine.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Big Stick
Just checked and #3 arrived. Hint.

That's some awesome!! We were all on the edge of our seats waiting for that update.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

311 members (222Sako, 1Longbow, 160user, 1badf350, 06hunter59, 12344mag, 27 invisible), 10,074 guests, and 1,061 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,340
Posts18,546,412
Members74,060
Most Online21,066
May 26th, 2024

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.