Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Centershot, is it possible this 222 you are looking at is a Smith&Wesson Model 1500?

GB1

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I've necked down range pick up 223 brass for a friend, before he passed away, that had a 222...

I bought an RCBS 222 die set, and it had no issues necking down...the dies set was one of those RGB ( Really Great Buy ) set they sold... I think the set was $10 or $12 when I bought it...

I never needed a 222 tho.... I just load the 223, with 222 load data and rock on... doesn't seem to make a difference...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

H
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
H
I've had up to 5 222's and would take another any day over a 223; data is mild for the 222 but it's basically 100 fps less than a 223 if apples to apples and in the field that means absolutely nothing.

The 223 was and is a way to make the Stoner design work within its original confines as a military round under military trial specifications. The confines should have been changed rather than the cartridge itself in the long run. Load a 222 to 62,000 psi and its basically a standard 223 with like bullet weights. Obviously the 5.56 is loaded to this pressure (again) after the specs on the 223 needed upped for the military.

223 brass is probably the most plentiful along with the 7.62x39 on the planet, but I would imagine 222 brass is still produced by every North American and European entity including Australia, so I wouldn't make 222's out of 223's.

There's some very good 222 brass still made and available, so I would find it before going the reform route. Its simply second rate and not necessary, unless all you can find are new Remingtons, which suck in 222.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I've had lotsa Deuces,none of which were warm or fuzzy. Perhaps with the bullets and glass of The Day,it was "AWESOME!" upon inception in 1950...though I'm thinking not. Hint.

As mechanics and logistics go,the 223 simply has a multitude of inherent advantages. As the beat goes on,they simply propogate,to include OEM twist rates,COAL and brass quality. Hint.

I've yet to see an Accuracy or Precision advantage in the Deuce and due the increase in ass(less going crazy),the 223 slips conditions better at like pressure. Hint.

The Deuce is one of those chamberings,in which the less you have "done" and the less you "know",the "better" it is,which seemingly appeals to the slowest of "learners". Neck length "woes" are funnier than fhuqk too,in comparison to the Deuce and 223. Full Auto 223's ain't fretting "setback",despite much more projectile mass and a less than Velvet Glove trip of fodder traveling up/into feed ramps. Hint.

In fairness however,they tend to make Skookum 223 Donors. Hint.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

For a 7" RPM 223 and 88's. Hint.

'Course,none of you Drooling Dumbfhuqks have ever seen anything good. Pardon my simply shooting it all and then some. Hint.

Bless your hearts.

Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!...............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
H
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
H
I enjoyed the pic of the AR magazines and 223 Krunchentickers with 88 ELDM's chasing the lands.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
After a 2 year back order I just got a message from Starline Brass they will be doing a run of .222 brass in the next week or so. I have 250 inbound.

Please don't feed the trolls!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by HawkI
I enjoyed the pic of the AR magazines and 223 Krunchentickers with 88 ELDM's chasing the lands.

Sweetie,

It is mechanically IMPOSSIBLE,to gun 88's ala 223 Krunchenticker. Hint.

Now I happen to hear GOOD things about whistling 88's ala AICS DBM,by way of 223 turnbolt as plainly illustrated above. Hint.

Also no big deal to shim slide OEM Big Green magboxes,to Smooch same. Hint.

Pardon my simply shooting it all and then some,as you Google Gals fumble aloud. Hint.

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Jericho
Centershot, is it possible this 222 you are looking at is a Smith&Wesson Model 1500?

It's a Howa 1500 Mini action.

A true sportsman counts his achievements in proportion to the effort involved and fairness of the sport. - S. Pope
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I’ve played around with a few 222 varmint rifles. A sako bull barrel, a 700 varmint special and a Ruger #1. While they all shoot very well I never could see that they shot any more accurately than the same rifles in 223. I have a soft spot for “the deuce” and think it’s a great little round. Ammo and brass will be harder to find than 223 and it will be a bit slower velocity wise but if you like the little rifle buy it and enjoy it.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Kiss,find pressure and rock on. Not much to it. Hint.

This 223 8" CTR does fine with Lapooey Virgins,400's,Lever' and 2.520" 75 ELD Smooches. CTR's are the only mags Teeker gets close to right and their COAL is enough(2.600"),to extoll the full virtues of their RPM and throat geometry. AR mag pictured for the Window Lickers. Hint.

Just sayin'.

Hint................

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I own a .223Rem (Tikka Varmint) not asking about .223Rem........

A true sportsman counts his achievements in proportion to the effort involved and fairness of the sport. - S. Pope
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I'm not the one asking questions. Hint.

Do not forget,that Imitation is THE most Sincere form of Flattery,as you Whine aloud. Try listening. Hint.

The Teeker Varmints suck HEAVY ass,due their Dog Schit magazine(s). Hint.

Dump an 8" Teeker 223 in a CTR handle and you are connecting dots by default. Hint.

Or simply MT AICS DBM same,to bypass Teeker inherent Goat Fhuqktitude. Default AM 5-rounders and retain a few MDT 10's. Hint.

You are doing fhuqking GREAT! Please "tell" me "more". Hint.

Pardon my being afforded the luxuries,of not being forced to guess,as you guess aloud. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!..............

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
After doing most of my varmint shooting with a .221 Fireball for 30+ years, I bumped up power to the .222 in an Anschutz rifle. Of course I used a 223 along the way too. This is my second .222 and it is just about perfect in every way for what I do.

LOL
H
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
H
I made the comment about the Stoner action being too short and the 223 cartridge not being a fix.

The pics of modified 223 bolt guns (again) verifies it. Of course you could do the same with a shorter case with even more latitude in the shorter actions and mags.

There's roughly 100 feet difference in a whatever twisted 223 versus a 222. That's it.

But the 223 is awesome.... in a 308 action.

Just remember the 3 inch [bleep] doesn't fit in 2.5 stuff.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
You Drooling Dumbfhuqks,never disappoint,by simply doing your best. CLUELESS Google Gals,are a fhuqking hoot...you "lucky" kchunts. Hint. Congratulations?!?

The Krunchenticker was first chambered in Deuce. Case capacity is case capacity,to the perpetual chagrin of those who don't actually shoot. Hint.

I'd submit that Teekers are an '06 length action. Though if only in "fairness",I also suffer a Winchester K-Hornet on a like lengthed receiver. Hint.

Now as 308 length receivers go,I don't shoot anything shorter than 22LR. Hint.

As 3" receivers go,I only shoot them in .473" and .532". Hint.

Coming full circle to Mini receivers,I only have a few. Hint.

Pardon my simply shooting it all and then some,as you CLUELESS Kchunts use your Imaginations to Pretend aloud. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!..............

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Give me the .222 any day over the .223. I'd rather the inherent accuracy (you can run Lapua cases), proper fit in most extra-short actions, lower recoil, longer barrel life and the long neck than an extra 100 feet per second. If you need more velocity than the .222, just set the barrel back, open up the bolt face to .420 and run the 77's at 3000 fps via a .22-6.8 SPC - good feeding and you don't lose too much magazine capacity (unlike the fatter, poor-feeding .22PPC/.22Grendel cases).

Last edited by Riflehunter; 05/12/23.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
SniffleKchunt,

You are DREAMING aloud and have never seen,let alone shot any of it...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Lapooey just "happens" to make 223,Grendel and 7.62x39 brass. You are in wellll beyond your HILARIOUS "means","abilities" and "comprehension". Hint.

You are a MAGNIFICENT Lying Piece Of Fhuqking CLUELESS Schit. Fortunately for you,Imagination and Pretend are free,so even YOU can "afford" to "contribute". Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!.............

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by Big Stick
SniffleKchunt,

You are DREAMING aloud and have never seen,let alone shot any of it...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Lapooey just "happens" to make 223,Grendel and 7.62x39 brass. You are in wellll beyond your HILARIOUS "means","abilities" and "comprehension". Hint.

You are a MAGNIFICENT Lying Piece Of Fhuqking CLUELESS Schit. Fortunately for you,Imagination and Pretend are free,so even YOU can "afford" to "contribute". Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!.............
Obviously, Lapua makes .222, .223. Grendel and 7.62 x 39. The point being is that if you run a .222, you can still get high quality brass for it.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
SniffleKchunt,

You've never seen or shot ANY of it...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Now exactly which Deuce did you "setback" to 224 SPC and fling 77's out of at 3000fps,besides the Imaginary Pretend one you've concocted via your crossed-eyes and pointy head Brokedick DELUSIONS? Hint.

Hell...I'm still whistlin' Lapooey 7mm RemMag. Google as you must and nod your pencil neck,like you "understand". Hint.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
You can buy a Howa mini in .223, set it back, open the bolt face to .420, swap out the bottom metal and run 77's at 2.45" length in a 21.75" barrel.

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

512 members (1Longbow, 257Bob, 12344mag, 260Remguy, 25classic, 2500HD, 55 invisible), 2,698 guests, and 1,316 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,294
Posts18,486,992
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.