Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10
hanco Online Content OP
Campfire Savant
OP Online Content
Campfire Savant
The SOB called the camp boss today. He told him he was offered 10,000 more per year to lease the 1300 acres we have. He said we could match it or get the hell off. We are paying 2500 a gun now. That place isn’t worth what we are paying now, much less 3500 a year. We have had a hand shake agreement for 20 yrs, guess we should have had a contract. I’ve got to go get all the traps, feeders, tripods, etc I have up there. The bad thing is I got my friend on, he spent money in the last two weeks for parts for me to build feeders, feeder pens, and damn corn. We finished that cshit up Saturday. I’ve got to call him, ain’t looking forward to that. Damn the bad luck!

GB1

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
That sucks...
big tracts are nice but the little ones here are free. Just knock on doors. I have tracts (about 5500 acres total) from 20-600 acres and they are BETTER than anything I have ever leased (and I was in one of the best leases in the state). AND I am the only one hunting them. It takes some work but that's the fun... come hunt with me if you turn up goose eggs.

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die, I want to go where they went"
Will Rogers
hanco Online Content OP
Campfire Savant
OP Online Content
Campfire Savant
I’ll probably get back on the lease I got off last year in Newton county

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Geeeze! That's enough to pay for a run to one of the states having more than 50% of its acreage as public holdings.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

One of the reasons I stayed in Oregon as opposed to going back east where all of our family lives.

Last edited by 1minute; 05/15/23.

1Minute
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
i feel your pain Hanco, i have been hearing a few people tell me the same thing about leasing in TX.

IC B2

hanco Online Content OP
Campfire Savant
OP Online Content
Campfire Savant
Originally Posted by Jericho
i feel your pain Hanco, i have been hearing a few people tell me the same thing about leasing in TX.

I had a lease in Coleman county, which is a couple of counties northwest of there for 25 years. I had to leave it because the landowner passed, kids sold it. It happens sometimes. I was on a lease between Livingston and Woodville for about 12 years. The timber guy talked the paper company into giving hunting rights to him. Some of those guys had been on it 50 years. No place is safe!

Last edited by hanco; 05/15/23.
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Very sorry Hanco. Been through it before a couple times. It would not matter if you had a contract or not. If he wanted to get more money he could totally ignore the contract. All the work moving your stuff is depressing!!! Good luck to you and your group.

hanco Online Content OP
Campfire Savant
OP Online Content
Campfire Savant
Originally Posted by Mohawk
Very sorry Hanco. Been through it before a couple times. It would not matter if you had a contract or not. If he wanted to get more money he could totally ignore the contract. All the work moving your stuff is depressing!!! Good luck to you and your group.

Thank you. We was looking for a place when we found that one😀😀😀😀😀.

I have a lot up there, but I don’t work so I have time.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
I knew a guy back in the 90s that went half on a deer lease with his friend. First week hunting there a guy approached him and ordered him off of his property. He told him that he had a lease with the owner and had already paid him. Turned out they got scammed, of course the guy who "leased" him the property had his phone disconnected and they never saw him again.

hanco Online Content OP
Campfire Savant
OP Online Content
Campfire Savant
Originally Posted by Jericho
I knew a guy back in the 90s that went half on a deer lease with his friend. First week hunting there a guy approached him and ordered him off of his property. He told him that he had a lease with the owner and had already paid him. Turned out they got scammed, of course the guy who "leased" him the property had his phone disconnected and they never saw him again.

I’ve heard of that happening several times, worked with a guy that got scammed like that

IC B3

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
unfortunately i feel there is going to be more crap like that happening. its already happening with people "selling" acreage that doesnt belong to them

N
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
N
Our lease is with a paper company and we were lucky this year that they didn’t go up. This year it’s $2300 each for either3300 or 3500 acres.

NRA Life,Endowment,Patron or Benefactor since '72.
S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Dam that Sucks! Hope you can get on another one.

Deer Camp! about as good as it gets!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
hanco: how is the deer hunting in Newton county?

E
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
E
One of the reasons I bought my own place

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I was on one for more than 20 years (family had been on it for 50 years) and the fourth time it sold we got shown the door. Gave us week to get everything off. Bad enough for us but they fired all the ranch help some of whom had been there for decades.

Texas bred and born
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by 1minute
Geeeze! That's enough to pay for a run to one of the states having more than 50% of its acreage as public holdings.

One of the reasons I stayed in Oregon as opposed to going back east where all of our family lives.

The difference is he doesn't have to put into a draw and hope and pray he gets to hunt each year. Everything there is over the Wally World counter, guaranteed tags.

They say everything happens for a reason.
For me that reason is usually because I've made some bad decisions that I need to pay for.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
If I’m doing my math right that’s about $20/acre going to almost $30/acre? That’s steep even by Carolina standards where population density is might higher

We lease 1100 acres less than an hour from downtown Charlotte for $11/acre. The timber crews seem to like working during hunting season but otherwise it’s been a good piece to lease.

hanco Online Content OP
Campfire Savant
OP Online Content
Campfire Savant
Originally Posted by southtexas
hanco: how is the deer hunting in Newton county?

Lots of pigs, deer are nocturnal for the most part. I hunted there two years.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
There are some HUGE bucks in Newton County. Deer there are pressured hard year round so they are very challenging to hunt.

L
LBP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
Damn that sucks but I feel your pain. My sons and I lost our lease year before last and haven’t been able to find another one. Good Luck to you.

Will Munny: It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have.

The Schofield Kid: Yeah, well, I guess they had it coming.

Will Munny: We all got it coming, kid.
hanco Online Content OP
Campfire Savant
OP Online Content
Campfire Savant
There are some HUGE bucks in Newton County. Deer there are pressured hard year round so they are very challenging to hunt.

The guys have some great ones on camera…… at night!

C
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
C
Man I hate to hear things like that. If I was the property owner and I had the same people year in and year out and could trust them and not really have to worry about anything, you really can't put a price on that in my opinion. I'd stay with the same lessees and leave it at that. Hope you find a better property and a landowner with a little better morals.

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by hanco

Don’t they have lights in TX?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by bbassi

The difference is he doesn't have to put into a draw and hope and pray he gets to hunt each year. Everything there is over the Wally World counter, guaranteed tags.
The other difference is on a lease you hunt all season on the lease fee not just one trip. Not apples to apples.

Life can be rough on us dreamers.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Sorry about your lease Hanco. In places were leasing is way it is , thats the way it goes. I have hunted all my adult life in places were leases were the norm so I know the feeling when you get that call.

Currently we lease 4000 acres from a timber company in AL. 10 guys $3000 per guy. Not everyone is up there at the same time as its 9 hrs away from where we all live. I enjoy being up there for about 4 weeks or more a year and to me its well worth it. Its a good deer lease. Some hogs are moving in and the guys are all shooting them on sight.

When I hunted in FLA we were constantly getting developed out or moved around on a ranch. Moving around on a ranch wasn't bad as we were able to keep our camp in the same spot but had hunting rights to different areas. I was ok with getting a new area to hunt every three to five years. Not too much hassle but moving leases and camps both was a big task.

H
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
H
Sorry to hear it Hanco.
Has happened to me several times over the years.

Your mind is your primary weapon. Never let it get rusty.

Endowment Member NRA
hanco Online Content OP
Campfire Savant
OP Online Content
Campfire Savant
Originally Posted by HTDUCK
Sorry to hear it Hanco.
Has happened to me several times over the years.

Thank you. It happens sooner or later

Last edited by hanco; 05/16/23.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
It sucks for sure,

Had it happen about 4 years ago, after hunting a place for over 10 years.

Kids decided it was time to divide the place up and sell it.

Always knew it woukd happen though.

No hard feelings, not everyone hunts now days or interested in land. Theyd rather trade it for a house in the mountains or condo on the beach.

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Hate to here this Hanco. Hope the new place works out for you.

Figures don't lie, But Liars figure
Assumption is the mother of mistakes
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
That sucks Hanco. Our lease went up over $5k last year.

Life is good live it while you can.
J
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
J
Sorry to hear about your bad luck hanco. That sucks. My lease goes up 5% every year. There are no deals to be found. everything is going up in my State. Developers are buying up everything they can. They are starting to build houses that I can see from one of my stands. maybe 300 yards away. On the other side of the lease I have a house that was just built about 250 yards from another stand. Dont know how much longer I will be able to hunt on this lease.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by jc189
Sorry to hear about your bad luck hanco. That sucks. My lease goes up 5% every year. There are no deals to be found. everything is going up in my State. Developers are buying up everything they can. They are starting to build houses that I can see from one of my stands. maybe 300 yards away. On the other side of the lease I have a house that was just built about 250 yards from another stand. Dont know how much longer I will be able to hunt on this lease.
Pretty much what happened to me over the last 30 years in FLA. First a college , then housing and commercial developement. Theres even a Bass Pro Shop on a part of one of my old leases. We finally packed it in on FL hunting and got a lease in Alabama. I miss the old days of being 30 minutes from our lease. But do to technology and our ages we can get away enough to really enjoy our lease 9hrs away enough to make it worth it. Much cooler and better weather for deer hunting up there as well.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
We went through something similar but less traumatic this past season. The people whose land we had been on for years were thinking of not leasing it to us anymore so we were without a place. But right at the start of the season, they changed their mind (I assume their alternate plans fell through) so we got the lease back but had zero opportunity to do any of the pre-season prep work we would have normally done. We still put some deer in the freezer but it was stressful & disappointing before the season started & less than optimal once we finally got out there since we had removed a lot of our stuff already.

I'm fortunate to also have a childhood friend who lets me hunt on his property in Mississippi whenever I want so it's always nice having a backup plan in a nearby state since not everyone does. I let him know I appreciate it by showing up for work days throughout the year & buying stands to help develop the land as nice place for our old crew to rendezvous at during the fall & winter. It's a lot of socializing with a bit of hunting thrown in. Having to buy an out-of-state license is insignificant when the "lease" cost is $0.

Sorry to hear this happened to you because I know how bad it can make you feel.

Last edited by odonata; 05/17/23.
D
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
D
Yep it a sign of the times & will get worse. More people ,less huntable land. Can't blame the landowner for wanting more money. Everything is going up on him too. At least he gave yall a chance to keep it 1st. We got tired of things happening to leases, bad members drama etc. & finally bought our own place. I know everyone can't do that though.
Good Luck on finding another place.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
2500.00 per gun. How many deer do you get to shoot per year for that and how much does that come to per pound of venison ?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Blackheart
2500.00 per gun. How many deer do you get to shoot per year for that and how much does that come to per pound of venison ?

Don't start.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by SKane

Don't start.
It's no wonder there are so many hunters that say venison is expensive meat these days. It isn't necessarily so.

Z
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Z
Depends on the locale. Pay to play is the nature of the beast in states with minimal public acreage.

Less than 2% of the state is public hunting ground here, and your odds of drawing a tag on most of those public tracts are about the same as getting hit by lightning while a shark is eating you.

You're either gonna own a block of land big enough to hunt, which sells for ~$10k/per acre these days, be lucky enough to have a family member with land that'll let you hunt it, or pay for a lease. Your odds of deer hunting here are slim to none otherwise.

Last edited by zcm82; 05/17/23. Reason: addition
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Don't start.

I haven't put pen to paper & actually calculated this out but my guess is that if I was making this decision for financial reasons based on common sense, then giving up hunting & just eating Wagyu beef every day would be the more affordable option.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by zcm82
Depends on the locale. Pay to play is the nature of the beast in states with minimal public acreage.
Exactly. Lots of public land here. Venison is cheap meat.

Z
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Z
Not everyone lives there 🙄

If hunting was entirely about cheap meat I woulda quit years ago.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Exactly. Lots of public land here. Venison is cheap meat.

I live within 30 minutes of Galveston. I can go any day and lay on the beach for nothing.
But I layed on the beach in Hawaii and that was another story and it sure wasn’t free. Hasbeen

hasbeen
(Better a has been than a never was!)

NRA Patron member
Try to live your life where the preacher doesn't have to lie at your funeral
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger

That ain’t no chit.

I bet deer meat costs $25/lb.

😂😂😂

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

Z
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Z
Originally Posted by BigDave39355

That ain’t no chit.

😂😂😂

Hell, I ain't even a very good hunter, and deer numbers are WAY down from where they were 10-15 years ago around here. I'm not a picky shot at all, and there's still a lot of years I eat tag soup.

There's been a couple I've been out every day of the season and not even seen a deer... still beats the schidt out of sitting at home, puttering around and waiting for ponds to freeze up for ice season.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by BigDave39355

That ain’t no chit.

😂😂😂

Hell, I ain't even a very good hunter, and deer numbers are WAY down from where they were 10-15 years ago around here. I'm not a picky shot at all, and there's still a lot of years I eat tag soup.

There's been a couple I've been out every day of the season and not even seen a deer... still beats the schidt out of sitting at home, puttering around and waiting for ponds to freeze up for ice season.
I average 5 deer a season and spend around 200.00, license/tags, gas, ammo. Comes to less than a dollar a pound.

Z
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Z
Congratulations, I guess 🤷‍♂️

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
The point is, hunting/venison isn't necessarily expensive for everyone.

Z
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Z
Fairly irrelevant to the original location of the topic, where there is little public access.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Fairly irrelevant to the original location of the topic...

An irrelevant tangent to the original topic is such a common occurrence around here I just assumed it was a "bonus feature" to be enjoyed by all. grin

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Don't start.
It's no wonder there are so many hunters that say venison is expensive meat these days. It isn't necessarily so.

If it's just about putting meat in the freezer, I could probably get by on less than $150 for three deer (if I'm keeping property taxes out it).

But I spend 15-25 times that in a given year because I like seeing and hunting different parts of the country as well as spending time with friends/family I don't get to see that often. And I've yet to come up with a formula to put a cost-per-pound evaluation on friendship and experiencing new things.

WWP53D
Z
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Z
Originally Posted by odonata
Fairly irrelevant to the original location of the topic...

An irrelevant tangent to the original topic is such a common occurrence around here I just assumed it was a "bonus feature" to be enjoyed by all. grin

Touché 😏

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Don't start.

If it's just about putting meat in the freezer, I could probably get by on less than $150 for three deer (if I'm keeping property taxes out it).

But I spend 15-25 times that in a given year because I like seeing and hunting different parts of the country as well as spending time with friends/family I don't get to see that often. And I've yet to come up with a formula to put a cost-per-pound evaluation on friendship and experiencing new things.

Public Land. 30-30. Brown its down. Complain about living in area with depressed wages.

This is the only way.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

Don't start.

So you choose to make your venison expensive as many do. It is and always has been primarily about meat to me. It's part of our lifestyle, right along with cutting/heating with firewood and growing our own fruits and vegetables. That said, I do have a group of friends I hunt with a few days a year at a camp an hour away {a large portion of my gas cost} and a hunting partner whose been my best friend since high school that I hunt with regularly every year. If it weren't for going to camp I could cut my gas cost to near zero as there are thousands of acres to hunt within 5 miles of home.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by hillestadj

Don't start.

Public Land. 30-30. Brown its down. Complain about living in area with depressed wages.

This is the only way.
It's the place, way and rifle I choose. I have a safe full of rifles I can choose from. Now STFU and go back to sucking your boyfriends dick you fat fuuckin homo.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Don't start.

This is the only way.
It's the place, way and rifle I choose. I have a safe full of of scoped, bolt action rifles. Now STFU and go back to sucking your boyfriends dick you fat fuuckin homo.

It always comes back to cock with you....weird

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

Don't start.

This is the only way.
It's the place, way and rifle I choose. I have a safe full of of scoped, bolt action rifles. Now STFU and go back to sucking your boyfriends dick you fat fuuckin homo.

It always comes back to cock with you....weird
It always comes down to you being an ass hole. But hey I get it. The internet is the only place a lilly white fat pansy such as yourself can be an ass hole without getting your ass kicked.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Condolences Hanco.

I've been both a land owner and I/ve been on 5 different ranches in the last 24 years.

Believe me, I feel your pain.

Last edited by geedubya; 05/17/23.

A Kill Artist. When I draw, I draw blood.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
It always comes down to you being an ass hole.

Saying it into the mirror will help

Z
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Z

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

As would keeping your mouth shut. I was being nice and simply informing the ignorant that deer hunting and venison don't have to be expensive. Nor does it have to depend on a lease.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

As would keeping your mouth shut. I was being nice and simply informing the ignorant that deer hunting and venison don't have to be expensive. Nor does it have to depend on a lease.

Oh, ok. LOL, you were just trying to help. Got it.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger

Don't start.

You right about not putting a price on fellowship and being with those you don’t see often.

The camp i was in was 8 of us that grew up together.

Life scattered everyone about. Deer camp was the chance to get back together.

Hunt. Cook. Fellowship.

Sometimes it was all night drinking, cards, throwing darts, and no hunting. 😂

If i killed a deer. Great. If i didn’t that was good also.
Seeing my buddies kids getting old enough to hunt and take a deer was great also.

I can kill all the deer i want ( or bag limit) on the 20 acres i own.

Times spent with buddies was the best part of deer camp.

Dave

hanco Online Content OP
Campfire Savant
OP Online Content
Campfire Savant
Originally Posted by geedubya
Condolences Hanco.

I've been both a land owner and I/ve been on 5 different ranches in the last 24 years.

It isn’t the first time, May not be the last to lose a lease

hanco Online Content OP
Campfire Savant
OP Online Content
Campfire Savant
A person could buy a lot of nice steaks for what I pay to hunt, but I like watching the sun come up, waiting to see what comes out of the brush, catching pigs, enjoying the other hunters company, and getting away from the house etc

Last edited by hanco; 05/17/23.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
A person could buy a lot of nice steaks for what I pay to hunt, but I like watching the sun come up, waiting to see what comes out of the brush, catching pigs, enjoying the other hunters company, and getting away from the house etc
I can do all of that except for the pigs without a lease. We don't have pigs around here.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

Oh, ok. LOL, you were just trying to help. Got it.
And you were trying to stir up trouble as usual.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D

There's always another place and it just might be nicer than the last one.

B L M - Bureau of Land Management
hanco Online Content OP
Campfire Savant
OP Online Content
Campfire Savant
I can do all of that except for the pigs without a lease. We don't have pigs around here.

Our state is mostly private land. You aren’t missing a thing, cause you have no pigs!!

hanco Online Content OP
Campfire Savant
OP Online Content
Campfire Savant
Originally Posted by Direct_Drive

That is correct

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
There’s benefits to TX over Ny. Hanco can walk into any store and walk out with any handgun he feels like or even a semi auto 22 rifle these days, no wait, no restrictions on our liberties.

Us as NY’ers suffer fools and BS to have some nice public land.

It’s all about trade offs.

Semper Fi
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

Don't start.

There is no price per pound there. Just like finishing hiking out the final elk quarter. I’d never wanna put pen to paper what that elk meat cost in fuel and money, but damned is it a helluva good time.

Semper Fi
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Sorry to hear that hanco, hope you find another, better place soon.

The cheap deer meat comments were about as predictable as they were irrelevant.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G

That is correct

Not trying to be "debbie downer", but......

I don't know these days if the lease I'm on could be replaced. Too many memories.

$2K per year lease fee. I can hunt Dove, Quail, Turkey, rabbits, squirrel, Deer, Hogs, Aoudad sheep, an occasional exotic (Sika, Axis) and varmints.

Been there since 2004 with the same core group of guys.

1,700 acres (more like 3K acres if you flattened it out) out of a 60,000 acre low fence ranch in the Texas hill country.

Limited cell service, no power, bring in my water. Have a camper and generator. Sleep better there than I do at home.

Camp is in a box canyon six miles in from a paved road.

Can go there anytime I please. Usually do not see anyone other than a buddy that may accompany me the whole time I'm there.

We make our own rules. Have seen the lease manager twice in 17 years.

Since July of 2018, IIRC, I've killed 12 deer on that and other leases.

In that same period, a bud and I have taken over 500 hoglets.

I can hunt deer October (archery), November, and December during "shooting light"

I can go after hogs 24/7/365. It is my passion.

I'd rather trap, snare and shoot hogs than just about anything and am fortunate enough to do so at least monthly.

Some of the best tasting bullet test media I've encountered.

If I never shot another deer, I don't think that would bother me.

ya!

GWB

hanco Online Content OP
Campfire Savant
OP Online Content
Campfire Savant

That is correct

Not trying to be "debbie downer", but......

I don't know these days if the lease I'm on could be replaced. Too many memories.

$2K per year lease fee. I can hunt Dove, Quail, Turkey, rabbits, squirrel, Deer, Hogs, Aoudad sheep, an occasional exotic (Sika, Axis) and varmints.

Been there since 2004 with the same core group of guys.

1,700 acres (more like 3K acres if you flattened it out) out of a 60,000 acre low fence ranch in the Texas hill country.

Limited cell service, no power, bring in my water. Have a camper and generator. Sleep better there than I do at home.

Camp is in a box canyon six miles in from a paved road.

Can go there anytime I please. Usually do not see anyone other than a buddy that may accompany me the whole time I'm there.

We make our own rules. Have seen the lease manager twice in 17 years.

Since July of 2018, IIRC, I've killed 12 deer on that and other leases.

In that same period, a bud and I have taken over 500 hoglets.

I can hunt deer October (archery), November, and December during "shooting light"

I can go after hogs 24/7/365. It is my passion.

I'd rather trap, snare and shoot hogs than just about anything and am fortunate enough to do so at least monthly.

Some of the best tasting bullet test media I've encountered.

If I never shot another deer, I don't think that would bother me.

ya!

GWB

Haven’t killed 500, but have killed a good many

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Does wild pig taste like domestic/farm raised ?

L
LBP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L

No, but given the right hog and good field care it’s good.

Will Munny: It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have.

The Schofield Kid: Yeah, well, I guess they had it coming.

Will Munny: We all got it coming, kid.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by beretzs
There’s benefits to TX over Ny. Hanco can walk into any store and walk out with any handgun he feels like or even a semi auto 22 rifle these days, no wait, no restrictions on our liberties.

If we could get rid of a few million communists/liberals it would be nice for sure. Even so I'm thankful we have lots of public land. I like to roam/hunt new and unfamiliar ground. It would suck being tethered to the same piece of ground in the same old stands all the time.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by LBP

I sometimes wish we had some here.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by LBP

I sometimes wish we had some here.

Careful what you wish for…

Around here theres two types of places…

Land with hogs and land THAT WILL HAVE hogs…

Dave

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
I can't say that I've ever done anything akin to an empirical test, and I buy very little domestic pork. Consequently my reply is entirely subjective.

Hogs are omnivorous, consequently they will eat just about anything. However with wild pork I know that there are no added hormones, steroids or other additives. In addition, I can be selective in the ones I choose.

I've hunted hogs in the hill country since 1999. At a generation per year that would be at least 23 generations removed from domesticity.

Their meat is red and leaner than domestic pork.

I do not make pork jerky, but do know folks that do so out of wild pork.

I will take a hind roast and make either strawberry or cilantro-lime pulled pork in the crockpot! Put it on a Hawaiian roll with cole slaw.... Yowsir.

Mix it with sheep, auodad, javelina, venison, bear or just pork for sausage.

Ground pork with hamburger meat makes a great hamburger patty.

or meatballs

or sausage

Marinated pork fingers rolled in corn chips and deep fried.

Loin marinated overnight in zesty Italian dressing, teriyaki sauce, pepper, garlic powder, then split longwize and stuffed with either cream cheese or onions and jalepeno's then wrapped in bacon and put on the grill till just about medium done.

Or if you are in camp...

Rip out the tenders when you sprinkle with garlic powder, worchestershire sauce, pepper, throw it on the grill

or throw it in the pit, and smoke appropriately

ya!

GWB

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Man that looks good ! Now I'm hungry. It would be nice to have another wild meat to add to the menu but I wouldn't want them tearing up my property.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Man that looks good ! Now I'm hungry. It would be nice to have another wild meat to add to the menu but I wouldn't want them tearing up my property.

10/4

They can be destructive buggers!

ya!

GWB

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
The lease thing was new to me last year, being transplanted from MN to now in Texas, MN owned land and had endless public land opportunities, TX public big game hunting is sparse, so I found a lease thru a friend a bit of tribulation and price escalation for year two but we have a deal. The cost per pound BS is just that, if that was my worry I wouldn't hunt at this stage of my life, but I will make this observation I can pay for one helluva lease many times over than paying state income tax. I may have to pay to hunt and considerable for a good lease, but update every two weeks the State is not in my pocket and not in the pocket of my small business' either, BTW it is not killing me on sales tax either, less here than in MN. Leasing is a way of life for hunters in a lot of locations, just a matter of the economy and demand.

J
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
J
Unfortunately in my area, If you don't own land you have to get on a lease to hunt. My Daddy use to tell me. If you wanna dance, you gotta pay the band.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I have always used my deer lease for my recreation and vacations. I live on the Gulf Coast so I don't spend money for beach vacations. Price per lb for me never figured in. But instead of a sunburn and a couple tee shirts I come home from my vacations with venison.

You either live somewhere where you got good access or you don’t. This weekend I will be fishing for Tarpon , redfish and seatrout. My cost is some gas for my buddies boat and lunch. The following weekend i will use my yak and and price be gas to where i launch 30 minutes from my house.

Someone who lives in the midwest has to spend a bunch of money to do that kind of fishing. But they might be able to kill a deer for the price of a bullet in the woods behind their house.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by beretzs

If we could get rid of a few million communists/liberals it would be nice for sure. Even so I'm thankful we have lots of public land. I like to roam/hunt new and unfamiliar ground. It would suck being tethered to the same piece of ground in the same old stands all the time.

I don't disagree with that, but variety is kinda cool too.

Semper Fi
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Wild pig is good eating.

If your first experience with it an old boar, then You may not like it.

Bit I’ve had some old boar that you’d never know it.

A 100 #’er is good eating size. Sow or boar.

I like sausage made with wild pig and deer.

It’s not real fatty like store bought pork.

Surprisingly, a lot of the body weight is in the hide and fat under the hide.

Dave

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Hate it for you David, I really enjoy seeing your pics because I physically cannot do it anymore. My lease is very small, but it is bordered on 2 sides of Sabine River, it floods yearly and under water now. I do hunt them but the old fashion way. Love eating them, have only killed about 3 that smelled and were left for the buzzards, the rest were eaten. But I only kill about 5 a year anymore. They left this area last summer and no hunter that I have talked to has seen one. I'm talking about hunters in a 30-mile radius of me. They were so bad last spring I had to fence in my back yard.

But good luck finding a new and better spot.

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
You should see leases in Ga, the Florida guys are coming up here driving prices through the roof. We get letters and calls several times a year from them wanting to lease our family land.

Last edited by killerv; 05/18/23.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
I can't imagine being a kid growing up with no public land around, a burning desire to hunt and without a dad who hunts and has a lease these days. No wonder hunter numbers are shrinking every year and have been since the 70's. I'm glad I grew up when and where I did and was free to roam thousands of acres literally right out our back door. I came home from school every day, changed my clothes, grabbed a gun and was gone until dark. Man I had a blast and killed a pile of game. Now days even if a kid lives in the country he's liable to find all the hunting land in his area is posted up tight as a frogs ass and is all leased out by some rich city/non resident ass hole. It's a fuuckin shame what hunting has become.

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
We've been on a small lease in Comfort, Tx. for the last 20 years. With the cedar and new houses encroaching on us, the hunting has become worse every year. Our land owner is a friend and hasn't gone up in lease fees in awhile, but I know that money will eventually come between that friendship. Once this place is gone, I think I'll just spend my money on a pay hunt every few years and concentrate on fishing. Good luck in your search for a new place, they are scarce has hens teeth.

" It ain't dead.As long as there's one cowboy taking care of one cow,it ain't dead ! "
Monte Walsh
W
WAM Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
I don’t think about the cost per pound. We’re on a 2,200 ac lease in our hunting club. Worth every cent. Not having to contend with public land nimrods is priceless.

Life Member NRA, RMEF, American Legion, MAGA. Not necessarily in that order.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by WAM
I don’t think about the cost per pound. We’re on a 2,200 ac lease in our hunting club. Worth every cent. Not having to contend with public land nimrods is priceless.
I've hunted all day on public land covering several miles without coming across another hunters boot print in the snow. Course you can't just park your butt in a stand overlooking a food plot, corn field or feeder and expect to shoot deer. There aren't any corn fields or food plots out there and feeders are illegal as are permanent stands. You've got to be a hunter if you expect to be successful with any consistency on public land.

hanco Online Content OP
Campfire Savant
OP Online Content
Campfire Savant
Well, the alleged person that offered more money backed out or he was trying to get more money from us. The land owner called our camp boss, says we still have the lease for same price and will agree to 5 years at that price. He had gone up 500.00 last year.

I was there with a bunch of my feeders, feeder pens already brought to camp. I had some loaded on trailer when I got a group text message telling us we still have it. I spent today putting it most of it back up. If I was still working and taken off work, I’d be angry. So, I guess I still have a lease.

Last edited by hanco; 05/19/23.
hanco Online Content OP
Campfire Savant
OP Online Content
Campfire Savant
Originally Posted by WAM

That scares me, good way to get shot

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Glad it worked out for you even if a little inconvenient.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Well, the alleged person that offered more money backed out or he was trying to get more money from us. The land owner called our camp boss, says we still have the lease for same price and will agree to 5 years at that price. He had gone up 500.00 last year.

I was there with a bunch of my feeders, feeder pens already brought to camp. I had some loaded on trailer when I got a group text message telling us we still have it. I spent today putting it most of it back up. If I was still working and taken off work, I’d be angry. So, I guess I still have a lease.

Good news!

👍👍👍

Dave

W
WAM Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by WAM
I've hunted all day on public land covering several miles without coming across another hunters boot print in the snow. Course you can't just park your butt in a stand overlooking a food plot, corn field or feeder and expect to shoot deer. There aren't any corn fields or food plots out there and feeders are illegal as are permanent stands. You've got to be a hunter if you expect to be successful with any consistency on public land.

Good for you, bud!

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger

Gives you 5 years to find something else.

Last edited by 10gaugemag; 05/20/23.

The last time that bear ate a lawyer he had the runs for 33 days!
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by WAM
Originally Posted by WAM

Good for you, bud!
There seems to be a misconception that there's a hunter behind every tree on public land. Though it can be crowded in some places, that's not the case everywhere..

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B

Hanco:

Good news but I'd still get that in writing if I could. No telling what the landowner might do next time when someone waves even a few more bucks in his face.

Carry what you’re willing to fight with - Mackay Sagebrush

Perfect is the enemy of good enough
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by WAM
Originally Posted by WAM

Good for you, bud!
There seems to be a misconception that there's a hunter behind every tree on public land. Though it can be crowded in some places, that's not the case everywhere..
I have hunted a bit of public land in MO, get off of the beaten path a short bit and rarely see anybody else.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Condolences Hanco.

It isn’t the first time, May not be the last to lose a lease

It's happened to me a few times the last few years. Sign of the times

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by killerv
You should see leases in Ga, the Florida guys are coming up here driving prices through the roof. We get letters and calls several times a year from them wanting to lease our family land.

Yep, I turned down an opportunity on a lease in So Ga last year , logistics of driving 400 miles each way to setup the area would have been a bit much. Couple of guys from Florida were involved.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by 10gaugemag

Gives you 5 years to find something else.

Exactly

hanco Online Content OP
Campfire Savant
OP Online Content
Campfire Savant
Originally Posted by Blu_Cs

Hanco:

Good news but I'd still get that in writing if I could. No telling what the landowner might do next time when someone waves even a few more bucks in his face.

It is supposed to be in writing, but we will see

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
glad some of you have good access to nice, safe, low traffic public hunting lands-last time I was on public land 20 + years ago in deep east TX I hunted a couple of weekends-saw tons of people, no deer or hogs or turkey. Kept bumping into "hunters", some nice, some not so nice...kicker for me was at the end of the day at the parking area/camp site a bunch of us gathered to talk about what we saw...couple of fellas, mostly college kids, kept talking about how many "sound shots" they got off that day. I had to ask, what on earth is a "sound shot"...one of the guys piped up and said "it is where you hear something in the bushes so you shoot in that direction and hope you hit a deer"

yea, I was done at that point with public land hunting

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Tell me, just how many eastern states have OTC elk tags? You can still get them in many western states although they won't be plentiful.
The difference is water. The states that have all that public land have it because it was never homesteaded. That's because there isn't enough water. Most of the areas suitable for farming are private. The lack of water is what makes wildlife feed short compared to the east. The land can't support all those millions of whitetails.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by lubbockdave
glad some of you have good access to nice, safe, low traffic public hunting lands-last time I was on public land 20 + years ago in deep east TX I hunted a couple of weekends-saw tons of people, no deer or hogs or turkey. Kept bumping into "hunters", some nice, some not so nice...kicker for me was at the end of the day at the parking area/camp site a bunch of us gathered to talk about what we saw...couple of fellas, mostly college kids, kept talking about how many "sound shots" they got off that day. I had to ask, what on earth is a "sound shot"...one of the guys piped up and said "it is where you hear something in the bushes so you shoot in that direction and hope you hit a deer"

WOW

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
W
WAM Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Good deal. At least you don’t have to scramble for this season!

W
WMR Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
If a written 5 year lease comes out of all this, then all is well. Better than before, in fact. In most cases, leasing is just business. Can’t blame the owner for looking for the best deal for himself. Glad it worked out.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck

Tell me, just how many eastern states have OTC elk tags? You can still get them in many western states although they won't be plentiful.
The difference is water. The states that have all that public land have it because it was never homesteaded. That's because there isn't enough water. Most of the areas suitable for farming are private. The lack of water is what makes wildlife feed short compared to the east. The land can't support all those millions of whitetails.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
It will soon be to the point where you will need to own land to shoot or hunt.

I was told that 30 years ago by a land developer. Very prophetic prediction.

A major player group in the current lease market are the large corporations, with international operations, that want a place for their clients to hunt, in the US. You either sit in the game or you fold your cards.They are driving property prices and taxes up also.

“To expect defeat is nine-tenths of defeat itself. It becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy. It is best to plan for all eventualities then believe in success, and only cross the failure bridge if you come to it."
Francis Marion - The Swamp Fox
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Rapier
It will soon be to the point where you will need to own land to shoot or hunt.

I was told that 30 years ago by a land developer. Very prophetic prediction.

A major player group in the current lease market are the large corporations, with international operations, that want a place for their clients to hunt, in the US. You either sit in the game or you fold your cards.They are driving property prices and taxes up also.
Probably depends on the states you hunt.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

Never seen any of that in 40 odd years of hunting public but then we are short on Texans here.

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L

Never seen any of that in 40 odd years of hunting public but then we are short on Texans here.

touche my friend wink

hanco Online Content OP
Campfire Savant
OP Online Content
Campfire Savant

That is the most amazing thing I have ever heard of!!!

W
WMR Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W

Old folklore up here in the North. I suspect someone’s leg was, or is, being pulled.

hanco Online Content OP
Campfire Savant
OP Online Content
Campfire Savant
Originally Posted by WMR

Old folklore up here in the North. I suspect someone’s leg was, or is, being pulled.

Could be, didn’t think of that

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Glad you got the lease back Hanco!

hanco Online Content OP
Campfire Savant
OP Online Content
Campfire Savant
Originally Posted by kenacp
Glad you got the lease back Hanco!

Thank you, was bummed out about it

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Our small club lost multiple properties in VA that are now public land, but the state has severely restricted the number of vehicles that can park at the properties which effectively will have less hunters there than when our club had them, just gotta get up early and grab a spot.

There's always hope as long as there's lead in the air.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck

Mighty broad brush on that stroking. NV does not even give otc deer tags to residents.

AK is an incredible state to hunt with otc nonresident tags on a huge variety of critters. What you save on leases and trespass fees goes to pilots, boat drivers, or planes, boats, and buggies.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
J
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
J
Glad you guys got back on the lease. Looking forward to some more dead animal pic's.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Glad you got it worked out. Big pain moving leases. Been there.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Most hunting leases don't get used one time during the season. Members are using them many times thru the seasons. On my Florida leases we were out there most weekends from October thru April. Alabama I use less due to the distance but I still get my moneys worth out of it.
So you cant compare costs to a one time trip. Just not the same thing.

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors

Don’t they have lights in TX?
Our Cajuns do, big ones. Of course, picking a rifle is easy, .22 Mag. The variable is candle power.

Them Texicans are tough on such as that. They don’t put up with much.

DF

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
My friend and I lost a lease this year as it went up $4000 dollars over what we(2 of us) had been paying. 200 acres. We've had it for many years. But can't afford it now.............I've lost some very good hunting land over the years to sales and owners dying. I do own 80 acres that I fix a season long dove field on and I also plant turkey plots that are productive. I have deer stands here and there that I can kill a deer from. Still on one lease with another friend that we've had many years that changed hands due the death of the owner a couple of years ago. So it too could become iffy. Would hate to have only mine as the only place I could hunt.

hanco Online Content OP
Campfire Savant
OP Online Content
Campfire Savant
It’s nice to have someplace to get away

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
I’ve never understood the lease to hunt mentality. I’m not disparaging it because I’ve never had to abide by it but I couldn’t do it. Hell, with the amount of the millions of acres I had to roam that was open to hunting, fishing and everything else I could NEVER stand being contained to a 1000 acres…I’d give up hunting or I’d move.

Because of the dipshit liberal department of Fish and Game in this state and the cuts they continue to force on us I have NOT bought a license here for several years.

Hunting and fishing is WHO & WHAT I am and I NEED it for my soul and my health. I can only be satisfied with millions of acres….1000 acres is my buddy’s hay farm in E Washington. We “harvest” elk under depredation permits but it is NOT hunting, it’s harvesting elk that come to tear into the hay.

Hunting, at least in the way I’m accustomed to, entails more skill and luck than shooting elk over a hay stack. I’m not complaining about the opportunity to put fresh meat in the freezer but I know that I have NOT hunted them when I shoot one that came to the haystack.

I’m 100% behind any of the legal ways to hunt and I know how geographical differences create different conditions and ways to hunt but if you are used to having vast wilderness to roam all your life being reduced to a briar patch is a serious downgrade and not something I could get used to.

Alaska or bust…

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
hanco Online Content OP
Campfire Savant
OP Online Content
Campfire Savant
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
I’ve never understood the lease to hunt mentality. I’m not disparaging it because I’ve never had to abide by it but I couldn’t do it. Hell, with the amount of the millions of acres I had to roam that was open to hunting, fishing and everything else I could NEVER stand being contained to a 1000 acres…I’d give up hunting or I’d move.

Because of the dipshit liberal department of Fish and Game in this state and the cuts they continue to force on us I have NOT bought a license here for several years.

Hunting and fishing is WHO & WHAT I am and I NEED it for my soul and my health. I can only be satisfied with millions of acres….1000 acres is my buddy’s hay farm in E Washington. We “harvest” elk under depredation permits but it is NOT hunting, it’s harvesting elk that come to tear into the hay.

Hunting, at least in the way I’m accustomed to, entails more skill and luck than shooting elk over a hay stack. I’m not complaining about the opportunity to put fresh meat in the freezer but I know that I have NOT hunted them when I shoot one that came to the haystack.

I’m 100% behind any of the legal ways to hunt and I know how geographical differences create different conditions and ways to hunt but if you are used to having vast wilderness to roam all your life being reduced to a briar patch is a serious downgrade and not something I could get used to.

Alaska or bust…

Very little public land here, mostly private ownership.

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
The SOB called the camp boss today. He told him he was offered 10,000 more per year to lease the 1300 acres we have. He said we could match it or get the hell off. We are paying 2500 a gun now. That place isn’t worth what we are paying now, much less 3500 a year. We have had a hand shake agreement for 20 yrs, guess we should have had a contract. I’ve got to go get all the traps, feeders, tripods, etc I have up there. The bad thing is I got my friend on, he spent money in the last two weeks for parts for me to build feeders, feeder pens, and damn corn. We finished that cshit up Saturday. I’ve got to call him, ain’t looking forward to that. Damn the bad luck!
We hunted the same ranch in Texas for over 15 years then owner called and claimed it was a drought year and he didn't want it hunted, next year another excuse then another turns out he was getting more from another group.

Ted
hanco Online Content OP
Campfire Savant
OP Online Content
Campfire Savant
Originally Posted by old_willys
We hunted the same ranch in Texas for over 15 years then owner called and claimed it was a drought year and he didn't want it hunted, next year another excuse then another turns out he was getting more from another group.

Sounds about right

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
All you do on a lease is improve the landowners property & indigenous herd. You get absolutely no return for your sweat equity or money. It is only good until it isn't.

"I never thought I'd live to see the day that a U.S. president would raise an army to invade his own country."
Robert E. Lee
hanco Online Content OP
Campfire Savant
OP Online Content
Campfire Savant
Originally Posted by Reloder28
All you do on a lease is improve the landowners property & indigenous herd. You get absolutely no return for your sweat equity or money. It is only good until it isn't.

Exactly

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Well, you do get exclusive trespassing/hunting privileges as long as you hold the lease.

When the old farmer who I lease from passes I expect to lose the lease 'cause his kids don't hunt. I pay $2,400 per year for exclusive trespassing/hunting rights and do a couple of work days for the farmer doing chores like cutting/splitting wood and fixing fences.

W
WMR Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W

That’s ridiculous. You’re paying for the use of land that is otherwise off limits. The return is similar to renting a house rather than buying. In both cases you voluntarily pay for such a return.

W
WMR Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by 260Remguy

Well, you do get exclusive trespassing/hunting privileges as long as you hold the lease.

When the old farmer who I lease from passes I expect to lose the lease 'cause his kids don't hunt. I pay $2,400 per year for exclusive trespassing/hunting rights and do a couple of work days for the farmer doing chores like cutting/splitting wood and fixing fences.

Actually, the fact that the heirs don’t hunt is in your favor. If they keep the farm, they’ll recognize the lease as a revenue stream. I’d expect them to want to maximize the farm income and your lease fee is “free money”, in a manner of speaking. Of course, they may be looking at a price increase as well. Hope it works out.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Around here leasing hasn't taken over. It's not hard to get permission just by asking if you're a local and know some landowners. I have permission to hunt 5 private properties totalling 956 acres within 5 miles of home, including 126 acres right next door and 200 more directly across the road.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Around here leasing hasn't taken over. It's not hard to get permission just by asking if you're a local and know some landowners. I have permission to hunt 5 private properties totalling 956 acres within 5 miles of home, including 126 acres right next door and 200 more directly across the road.

Sir,

You are very fortunate. Countless folk would love to be in your stead.

However not everyone has the good fortune to be in your current circumstance.

So here is a straight up question for you.

What would you do if you had very limited access to public land hunting and doing so was not worth your time and effort. Would you stop hunting, or find another venue that you enjoyed?

What if you could have twice the area you indicated that you can hunt to be able to hunt/camp/shoot/ride ATVs, entertain kids and grandkids, at your discretion, 24/7/365 for under $200 per month. Would you have a "Lease"

Quien Sabe,

GWB

W
WMR Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W

Sir,

What would you do if you had very limited access to public land hunting and doing so was not worth your time and effort. Would you stop hunting, or find another venue that you enjoyed?

What if you could have twice the area you indicated that you can hunt to be able to hunt/camp/shoot/ride ATVs, entertain kids and grandkids, at your discretion, 24/7/365 for under $200 per month. Would you have a "Lease"

Quien Sabe,

GWB

Well put. The answer is pretty obvious. Shucks, even with good hunting already at my disposal, both public and private, I’d add such a lease at that price! I think your hot weather would take some getting used to, though.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B

$2,500 for a deer? Boy that sucks. Too bad you can't hunt public land?

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter

$2,500 for a deer? Boy that sucks. Too bad you can't hunt public land?

I thought you moved to Nevada?

Conduct is the best proof of character.
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by WMR
Well put. The answer is pretty obvious. Shucks, even with good hunting already at my disposal, both public and private, I’d add such a lease at that price! I think your hot weather would take some getting used to, though.

It is what it is.

In my old age, I've got to where I sleep in till 8 or 8:30 AM, then get up and have coffee and breakfast of a sorts.

About 9:30 I go out and either fill feeders, run my traps

and snares,

or both.

Clouds usually burn off betwen 11 AM and Noon and I head back to camp.

I've a camper with A/C

and a cement pond (gravity flow fed from Dry Frio River) that would make Jethro Bodine jealous for cooling down should that be appropriate.

Usually have a "sleep beer" around 1 PM, then take a 3 hr nap, or so. When it is hot, I usually stay in until 6pm or so.

Other than when I'm turkey, dove, or deer hunting, I have got to where I almost exclusively hunt at night with night vision or thermal

The second of two that evening, both good boars.

That's when the woods come alive and it's seldom above 90 degrees F after 10pm.

ya!

GWB

Last edited by geedubya; 05/29/23.

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
GW, I am dumping a couple or three of years of your lease September for mule deer in SW Kansas. It is what we do. I hope to see you next March.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by EdM
GW, I am dumping a couple or three of years of your lease September for mule deer in SW Kansas. It is what we do. I hope to see you next March.

10/4

Mighty fine EdM.

The only way I could be better was if I was home counting your money. No way I would attempt to play a game of one-up-man-ship with you!

I'm pretty much content with my deer/hog lease @ Reagan Wells and my Hall's Bayou lease that borders Galveston Bay.

Am going to do a rare out of state Plantation Style Quail Hunt @ Pinehill Plantation in Georgia early next year.

See you at the Hoot N' Shoot in March if I don't take the "Room Temperature Challenge" between now and then.

Between David, Doc , Rick and yourself, I had one of the best times in memory this year.

Best,

GWB

Last edited by geedubya; 05/29/23.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

Sir,

Quien Sabe,

GWB
I'd move. And the 956 acres is just the private land I have permission to hunt within 5 miles of home. I have permission on several other parcels of private land in 5 counties plus roughly 5 million acres of state land I can hunt, several thousand of which is just 2 miles up the road. I can and do hunt, fish, trap, hike, camp, canoe and target shoot on State land anytime I want, within open seasons of course.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by EdM

10/4

Mighty fine EdM.

The only way I could be better was if I was home counting your money. No way I would attempt to play a game of one-up-man-ship with you!

I'm pretty much content with my deer/hog lease @ Reagan Wells and my Hall's Bayou lease that borders Galveston Bay.

Am going to do a rare out of state Plantation Style Quail Hunt @ Pinehill Plantation in Georgia early next year.

See you at the Hoot N' Shoot in March if I don't take the "Room Temperature Challenge" between now and then.

BTW, between you, Doc, David and Rick, I had one of the best times in memory this year.

Best,

GWB

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
I'd move. And the 956 acres is just the private land I have permission to hunt withijn 5 miles of home. I have permission on several other parcels of private land in 5 counties plus roughly 5 million acres of state land I can hunt.

Once again, not everyone has that luxury.

I like what Teddy Rossevelt is quoted as saying.......

"Do what you can, with what you've got, where you are"

I am slow to upbraid folks whose circumstances are different than mine due to geography or local custom.

YMMV!

Best,

GWB

hanco Online Content OP
Campfire Savant
OP Online Content
Campfire Savant
Keep on piggin GWB, hope to catch some this weekend! I’ve killed 43 since the first of the year. I’m gonna try to keep a count this year. I got back on the Newton County lease I was on, gonna set up a round pen there to catch the bastards. There are some very large pigs there. I wish they had weighed this one

Last edited by hanco; 05/30/23.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I trust that guy is a fisherman?

WWP53D
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
That is one big SOB

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

hanco Online Content OP
Campfire Savant
OP Online Content
Campfire Savant
Originally Posted by tikkanut
That is one big SOB

Greg is taller than me, about 6’2, probably 250 lbs

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
D

Sir,

Quien Sabe,

GWB
For those who don't remember, TX was never a U.S. Territory. It came into the Union as a sovereign country, The Republic of Texas. Therefore there's not a lot of govt. land, as in states that were U.S. Territories. What TX land the govt owns, they bought, didn't get it by default. Different set up.

So, owning or leasing hunting property is the rule in TX, more than the exception. And they aren't kind to trespassers, well other than wet backs flooding over the border. Those get special handling, not by Texans, but by Brandon and his band of govt. henchmen.

DF

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by tikkanut
That is one big SOB

Greg is taller than me, about 6’2, probably 250 lbs
I shot a 300 pounder a few years back, weighed him. He was big, but I think that one is bigger.

DF

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer

Sir,

Quien Sabe,

GWB
For those who don't remember, TX was never a U.S. Territory. It came into the Union as a sovereign country, The Republic of Texas. Therefore there's not a lot of govt. land, as in states that were U.S. Territories. What TX land the govt owns, they bought, didn't get it by default. Different set up.

So, owning or leasing hunting property is the rule in TX, more than the exception. And they aren't kind to trespassers, well other than wet backs flooding over the border. Those get special handling, not by Texans, but by Brandon and his band of govt. henchmen.

DF
For those that don't know, here in New York the State bought up a lot of private farm land during the depression from farmers who went bankrupt. Then they put a bunch of people to work planting trees on all that cleared farm land in their reforestation program. They have continued to buy up land periodically ever since to add to the forest preserve. Imagine that, a State using tax payer dollars to buy up thousands upon thousands of acres of land for the public to use and enjoy.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Yes, New York State is a model for all to behold.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
I'd move. And the 956 acres is just the private land I have permission to hunt withijn 5 miles of home. I have permission on several other parcels of private land in 5 counties plus roughly 5 million acres of state land I can hunt.

I am slow to upbraid folks whose circumstances are different than mine due to geography or local custom.

YMMV!

Best,

GWB
Some days I carry 2 or 3 different styles of weapons that Blackheart isn't allowed to own or hunt with. I'd give up my hunting opportunities before I gave up my 2nd Amendment rights.

Life is good live it while you can.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by TrueGrit

YMMV!

Best,

GWB
Some days I carry 2 or 3 different styles of weapons that Blackheart isn't allowed to own or hunt with. I'd give up my hunting opportunities before I gave up my 2nd Amendment rights.
I've had those weapons in the past {AR-15 and AK 47}. I sold them long before they were outlawed because I found them awkward to carry and just didn't have much use for them other than as a plinker. I'm a hunter and much prefer a lever or bolt action rifle for my use. I'm not interested in playing Rambo but if it blows your skirt up you have the right. Our gun laws do suck but I'd much rather live where there is plenty of land to hunt and the laws don't effect the guns I own and prefer to use. What passes for "hunting" in States where leasing is the norm doesn't interest me in the least.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M
I've had those weapons in the past {AR-15 and AK 47}. I sold them long before they were outlawed because I found them awkward to carry and just didn't have much use for them other than as a plinker. I'm a hunter and much prefer a lever or bolt action rifle for my use. I'm not interested in playing Rambo but if it blows your skirt up you have the right. Our gun laws do suck but I'd much rather live where there is plenty of land to hunt and the laws don't effect the guns I own and prefer to use. What passes for "hunting" in States where leasing is the norm doesn't interest me in the least.

Yet.

You know the bastards in Albany are working on it.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
I am a huge fan of good wood stocked rifles

Traditonal bolt action

Blaser style straight pull bolt actions

Single shot rifles

Double Rifles

As well as synthetic stocked rifles

but when one is running and gunning.....

especially at night with thermal

GB4, GB3, GB3-B-I-L, GWB

The ability to put multiple rounds in rapid succession on target has its place

just sayin'

GWB

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
I am a huge fan of good wood stocked rifles

Traditonal bolt action

Blaser style straight pull bolt actions

Single shot rifles

Double Rifles

As well as synthetic stocked rifles

but when one is running and gunning.....

especially at night with thermal

GB4, GB3, GB3-B-I-L, GWB

The ability to put multiple rounds in rapid succession on target has its place

just sayin'

GWB
We don't have pigs here. I have killed three deer in about 3 seconds with a Remington 760 though. Just sayin.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by mathman

Yet.

I don't think it will happen in the time I have left.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
We don't have pigs here. I have killed three deer in about 3 seconds with a Remington 760 though. Just sayin.

A couple times I've killed 3 pigs with one shot, but what the hey..........

Its much easier with multiple rounds.

BTW,

We do have pigs!

And had you 27 or more rounds left, had you the opportunity, what would you have done?

I know what I do!

ya!

GWB

Last edited by geedubya; 05/31/23.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R

Yet.

You just can't stop being a twat can you.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

We do have pigs!

And had you 27 or more rounds left, had you the opportunity, what would you have done?

I know what I do!

ya!

GWB
We don't have pigs so it's a moot point here.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Raferman

Yet.

In case you hadn't noticed more and more states are outlawing "assault weapons" and "high capacity magazines" almost weekly. It's only a matter of time and there won't be anyplace left for mouthy cowards to run to.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R

Yet.

You can't stop being a huge stinking ass hole.
But I'll never be a fudd.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

Yet.

You aren’t kidding. You already have to get a permit to purchase a semi auto. It’s scary times when they start chipping off stuff at the fringe.

Semper Fi
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

Yet.

You can't stop being a huge stinking ass hole.
But I'll never be a fudd.
You'll never be Rambo either.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M
You aren’t kidding. You already have to get a permit to purchase a semi auto. It’s scary times when they start chipping off stuff at the fringe.

It isn't hard to think of a variation on what Pastor Neimoller said that fits in this context.

Last edited by mathman; 05/31/23.
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
In case you hadn't noticed more and more states are outlawing "assault weapons" and "high capacity magazines" almost weekly now..

I do not know if your assertion is correct, and you provide no data or cites to prove your assertion. Perhaps in New York and other progressive bastions, but IIRC +/-27 states have veto proof majorities that are Republican controlled. I would not believe that those states were banning MSR's, (Modern Sporting Rifles).

https://news.ballotpedia.org/2023/0...-new-states-after-recent-party-switches/

I do believe only 10 states have banned MSR's

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/t...s-after-illinois-enacted-ban/ar-AA16ePd8

Whatcha' bet all are controlled by democrats/progs/marxist-socialists.

Chances are, we in Texas will continue to be able to choose

just about any type of weapon,

unrestricted choice of calibers/chamberings

that can be legally used, and openly carried, on public and especially private land

24/7/365.

I like that.

ya!

GWB

PS: almost forgot obligitory "Rambo-rifle" style dead animal pix

Last edited by geedubya; 05/31/23.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
In case you hadn't noticed more and more states are outlawing "assault weapons" and "high capacity magazines" almost weekly now..

I do not know if your assertion is correct, and you provide no data or cites to prove your assertion. Perhaps in New York and other progressive bastions, but IIRC +/-27 states have veto proof majorities that are Republican controlled. I would not believe that those states were banning MSR's, (Modern Sporting Rifles).

https://news.ballotpedia.org/2023/0...-new-states-after-recent-party-switches/

I do believe only 10 states have banned MSR's

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/t...s-after-illinois-enacted-ban/ar-AA16ePd8

Whatcha' bet all are controlled by democrats/progs/marxist-socialists.

Chances are, we in Texas will continue to be able to choose

just about any type of weapon,

unrestricted choice of calibers/chamberings

that can be legally used, and openly carried, on public and especially private land

24/7/365.

I like that.

ya!

GWB
I believe Washington, Oregon and Illinois have recently banned assault weapons and it certainly has been pushed on a Federal Level recently. I recall there was a Federal assault weapons ban passed in 1994. It will likely happen again one day and I think it unlikely it would be allowed to sunset again. If the courts don't rule it unconstitutional it would stand and so far the courts haven't done diddly to overturn it here, despite several attempts. Face it, communists and communism are taking over the Country and it's only a matter of time..

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Face it, communists and communism are taking over the Country and it's only a matter of time..

I pray that we are wrong, but I am inclined to agree with that premise.

Best,

GWB

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R

It's BS the punks will say that crap to scare people off. The reality is that there is a lot of public deer hunting lands that if you hunt during the week you will have the place mostly to yourself. The thing is a lease is so much easier. You can put up comfortable stands, feeders, hunt at night for hogs. I lost my last lease because the owner died and his kids decided to sell the place. Rough country but some good hunting. Last evening I was on that property and the last shot I fired on it I killed a 160 inch buck. Lots of big hogs, and I like hunting them more than deer hunting. To get there it was 4 hours of driving.

Dog I rescued in January

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Geedubya, don't ya reckon yo name comes up pretty often on the hog hotline. You know they talking, the ones still walking around, that is.

BTW, you do got some pretty toys....

DF

B
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
B
I read the whole thread and all I can say is wow.

MOLON LABE
hanco Online Content OP
Campfire Savant
OP Online Content
Campfire Savant
Got number 44 for this year, young female about to have pigs. Got her with my chlinstructor rifle. I was hoping an Aoudad would have come out. The 62 grain Bear Claws do the trick.

Last edited by hanco; 06/03/23.
hanco Online Content OP
Campfire Savant
OP Online Content
Campfire Savant
Got feeders put back up I had taken down, all have tripods, not hanging off tree limbs anymore

Last edited by hanco; 06/03/23.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
we get together and just buy large tracts here, we have one 13,000 acres and another 4500 acres, its ours or whoever we will our share to upon our death. this is eastern wv.

If your going through hell, keep on going, don't look back, If your scared don't show it.
You might get out b'fore the devil even knows your there.
(Rodney Atkins)
D
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by Ridge_Runner
we get together and just buy large tracts here, we have one 13,000 acres and another 4500 acres, its ours or whoever we will our share to upon our death. this is eastern wv.
You'd have to know your pards pretty well, a situation like that could get sticky. People can get a bit squirrely when it comes to land and money. Control issues.

And, from what I've seen and experienced, a few end up doing most of the work, which can cause issues, even resentment.

Sometimes a lease with a good set of rules may be the best alternative, easier to get out of than a big capital investment.

But, like anything else, guess it depends on the people involved. I don't think it's something I would want to do.

DF

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Ridge_Runner
At $8-10k an acre here or even $3-4k an acre an hour down the road that would be near impossible for most.

Some flood ground will be cheaper but that's best suited for the waterfowl hunters.

Z
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Z
I gotta try to get something pulled together before season now. My friend who owned the last bit of land I'd been hunting on for the past several seasons just sold it. Can't say I blame him, $900k for 65 acres... he'd never gonna make that kind of money off me 🤷‍♂️

I've now went from 4 spots to deer hunt to 0 over the past 16 years, all been sold off for development or to big acreage farms consolidating up blocks.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I’ve seen that more times than I have pissed in the toilet. When it comes down to money people don’t care. It’s getting to the point where unless you own land or draw a public hunt, people can’t afford to do it anymore….

hanco Online Content OP
Campfire Savant
OP Online Content
Campfire Savant
Originally Posted by Sabretooth
I’ve seen that more times than I have pissed in the toilet. When it comes down to money people don’t care. It’s getting to the point where unless you own land or draw a public hunt, people can’t afford to do it anymore….

Yep. Landowners don’t care about the hunters

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger

Yep. Landowners don’t care about the hunters
Why would they?

Honest question. Not trying to be a smart ass.

If a guy is trying to set himself up for his older years and doesn't want the headaches that could go with owning ground I can see why they want out. Especially if nobody in the family has interest in it.

Some of these landowners may have health issues and this is one way to lighten the load. Get in bad enough shape they need full time med care and the govt will see that land as an asset and take it or deny care because they have too much $$ so to speak.

I never counted on having permission for more than each season on any piece we had permission to hunt.

Even my dad's place could go up for sale at any second if he so desires. He had an offer about 2 months ago for 3x more than he paid 13 years ago. He isn't selling but that could change in the blink of an eye. His choice.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
That's what I like about it here. There is no "drawing a public hunt". You buy a license and hunt wherever and whenever you want on public land.

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
That's what I like about it here. There is no "drawing a public hunt". You buy a license and hunt wherever and whenever you want on public land.

That's the one thing I miss about New York. I had access to thousands of acres of public land to hunt on, much of it within fifteen minutes of home. Several hundred acres of public land I could walk to from my house. Additionally, my brother and I had 220 acres at the farm and an annual lease on the neighboring 400 for $500/year. We had a lease on another 220 acres for the cost of an annual liability insurance policy which, at that time, was about less than $300. When the out of state landowner moved to it and built a house, we were still encouraged to hunt there all we wanted. I had other places there with permission to hunt, but often just didn't get around to them in the course of a year.

Mathew 22: 37-39

hanco Online Content OP
Campfire Savant
OP Online Content
Campfire Savant
Wish we had good public land to hunt, Texas is mostly private

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by cra1948

That's the one thing I miss about New York. I had access to thousands of acres of public land to hunt on, much of it within fifteen minutes of home. Several hundred acres of public land I could walk to from my house. Additionally, my brother and I had 220 acres at the farm and an annual lease on the neighboring 400 for $500/year. We had a lease on another 220 acres for the cost of an annual liability insurance policy which, at that time, was about less than $300. When the out of state landowner moved to it and built a house, we were still encouraged to hunt there all we wanted. I had other places there with permission to hunt, but often just didn't get around to them in the course of a year.
Yeah there's no way I can hunt all the public land within 15 minutes of where I live in a season. Makes me reluctant to ever leave here when I hear all the crap others have to go through in other states just to have a place to hunt.

W
WAM Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
As I may have posted earlier, our club lease is 2,200 acres that includes some creek bottom ground and quite a bit of hardwoods and some pine reforestation with several small lakes/large ponds. It’s a good group of guys with very little participation on weekdays. Might be 4 hunters during the week and maybe twice that many on Saturday. I don’t usually hunt on Sundays but sometimes on Saturdays if that’s my sons only day off. I hope I can stay in this club for the rest of my hunting years. I’ve got a couple of other clubs and farm that I get invited to during the season. I usually pass on shooting deer as a guest since it’s more about the social time than deer to me. I have seen what happens when a guest shoots a big buck. Always some hurt feelers…. I usually opt for a blind with a nap chair when I’m a guest. Works great to get invited back! If I see a real Booner I might risk not coming back. Most guys are appreciative of shooting a coyote or two and I’m always willing to oblige! LOL

A
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
A
In Mississippi, my brother and I have been on several leases over the years. The one we have now is only 550 acres, but it's ten minutes from the house and our two families are the only people on it. My brother and I are hoping it's the last one we have.

Unlike some states, Mississippi does have good public land hunting on the many wildlife management areas. Within thirty minutes of us are two areas totaling almost thirty thousand acres. We've hunted them quite of bit and could again if we didn't have the lease. Actually, we do hunt them sometimes just for a change.

People around the country that have so little access to hunting land, would be surprised how much is accessible in the New England states. Sure it's hard in the metro areas, but otherwise, finding somewhere to hunt is not really a problem. Land not posted can be hunted and permission can often be gotten by knocking on doors.

C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
Originally Posted by WAM

Yep, my property borders a National Forest, a year ago someone shot so close to me I almost sharted. After my hunt I went to the typical parking spot for hunters on the forest, met 3 guys that had just come out. I introduced myself, one guy said “yeah, we know where your feeders are and we set up on the deer trail headed to your place”. It looked like his partners were going to kill him for disclosing their “honey hole”, I moved my feeders, yeah, Nimrods!

C
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
C
Cost of deer meat per pound? It's not odd or weird to me that some people look at it that way. But I see where people are coming from. I am a land owner in northwest Oklahoma and a cattle rancher. I have pretty good land for farming and grass for grazing, but I also have some excellent deer hunting. I killed 31 does last year on depredation. My son helped me and we managed to kill a few real good bucks during the general rifle. One in the 180s and one in the 140s. I have this land as my family (dad and I) acquired most of it as a reason to have our own place to hunt through the past 30 years. When I was a kid, I had thousands of acres to hunt and fish, but money started talking. And I can't blame the surrounding landowners. Most people will pay 5 grand to hunt 2 weeks up here. Crazy to me. So I guess if hunting is your passion, do whatever it takes to get out there. And if you do own ground, don't take it for granted.

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

549 members (10gaugeman, 02bfishn, 160user, 1234, 007FJ, 10gaugemag, 55 invisible), 2,462 guests, and 1,235 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,429
Posts18,470,760
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.