-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The used ones are so expensive here that they make new ones at the dealer look cheap.

Quando omni flunkus moritati
GB1

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Whiptail
The used ones are so expensive here that they make new ones at the dealer look cheap.

I would buy it new unless I knew the owner. I traded a 2011 for a 2014 and it was one sweet deal and I ended up with a way better truck. The 2011 even tho it was a certified pre owned and accident free ,it did indeed have an accident . I should have sued the dealer but I ended up ok after the trade.

T
Tarkio Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
T
Well, the boy is learning.

He replaced the sway links which helped get rid of some of the front end noise.

Then we learned about the play where the cv axle and diff meet. So we have a bushing coming to resolve that issue.

Have another unidentified noise coming from under the hood.Think it is either a heat shield or something of the sort.

As to prices, yeah they are expensive. We got this bought right. I rushed to buy it because I had read a number of places that used vehicle prices were about to take off again. Got it bought right for a tacoma. Could sell it and make $ including all the expenses we have paid in.

No way am I paying $40k for a new little truck. You can rationalize it anyway you want, but tying up money like that does not make any sense to me. Whether I pay for it outright, or finance it. Not when I can get a vehicle that does the job for half that amount.

Montana MOFO
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Tarkio
Well, the boy is learning.

He replaced the sway links which helped get rid of some of the front end noise.

Then we learned about the play where the cv axle and diff meet. So we have a bushing coming to resolve that issue.

Have another unidentified noise coming from under the hood.Think it is either a heat shield or something of the sort.

As to prices, yeah they are expensive. We got this bought right. I rushed to buy it because I had read a number of places that used vehicle prices were about to take off again. Got it bought right for a tacoma. Could sell it and make $ including all the expenses we have paid in.

No way am I paying $40k for a new little truck. You can rationalize it anyway you want, but tying up money like that does not make any sense to me. Whether I pay for it outright, or finance it. Not when I can get a vehicle that does the job for half that amount.

40's the new ones are more like 50 ..Sticker on my 2014 was 31k and it was worth every penny. I lost no money when I traded it for a larger pickup a few years later.

Don't tell me how to spend my money , it is none of your business.

M
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
M
I have been hearing that used car prices were supposed to go down this year, but I’m seeing the opposite. I would really like to trade in the Ram this summer for a lightly used 2021-2022 Tacoma 4 door long bed, but the dealers are asking new retail price for vehicles 2-3 years old with 40k miles on them.

Last edited by miguel; 05/18/23.
IC B2

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by miguel
I have been hearing that used car prices were supposed to go down this year, but I’m seeing the opposite. I would really like to trade in the Ram this summer for a lightly used 2021-2022 Tacoma 4 door long bed, but the dealers are asking new retail price for vehicles 2-3 years old with 40k miles on them.

I had 3 of them, 2 bought used and their used prices are always near a new price or nowadays in my area match them. I doubt this trend will change anytime soon. I know Toyota is announcing a Maverick competitor , that might bite into new Tacoma Sales.

M
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
M
I’ve owned 7 or 8 Tacomas going back to 95, the first year for them. I realize they hold their value well, but the past two months I’ve been tracking prices on autotrader and on average prices have gone up about $3k in that time for the search criteria I use. I may just bite the bullet though, every time I stray away from Toyota I regret it. There is a lot to be said for the dependability of a Tacoma.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by miguel
I’ve owned 7 or 8 Tacomas going back to 95, the first year for them. I realize they hold their value well, but the past two months I’ve been tracking prices on autotrader and on average prices have gone up about $3k in that time for the search criteria I use. I may just bite the bullet though, every time I stray away from Toyota I regret it. There is a lot to be said for the dependability of a Tacoma.

There are some dealers here selling new cars as used and charging that stupid market adjustment. I see more and more paper plates then ever so people are chomping on it.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

555 members (10gaugemag, 16penny, 12344mag, 16gage, 10Glocks, 01Foreman400, 51 invisible), 2,692 guests, and 1,363 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,459
Posts18,471,195
Members73,934
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.