Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Meridian to be exact, all 240,000 sq. ft of it scheduled for April 2024.

From others' posts I had the idea this was like a big Sportsman's Warehouse - all hunting and fishing related with some camping and outdoor clothing thrown in. From the article it sounds like Sportsman's Warehouse and Cabela's mixed together with steroids with a bit of Mall of America thrown in.

65 foot Ferris wheel inside the store
16,000 gallon aquarium
Arcade games
On-site restaurant
and more.

https://www.ktvb.com/article/news/l...1-43da-a802-679b386bff76?ref=exit-recirc

MERIDIAN, Idaho — Idaho is getting its first SCHEELS, nestled right in the heart of Meridian. The employee-owned sporting goods store is set to open in the spring of 2024.

On Thursday, contractors and employees signed the last steel beam before it was raised up and riveted into place at the meridian location.

The new shopping destination is planned for the Ten Mile Crossing development. The store dwarfs other sporting goods stores - with a massive 240,000 square feet of retail and activity space.

However, the family-friendly attractions inside are arguably the most exciting features of the new Meridian SCHEELS.

SCHEELS assistant store leader, Corey Watson, weighed in on the store features. "So, it's going to be basically something for everybody. So, it'll be not only the destination for those that are looking for equipment, but we're going to have a 65-foot-tall Ferris wheel in the store, we'll have a 16,000-gallon aquarium in the store, all sorts of fun stuff for the kids as well."

In addition to the Ferris wheel and saltwater aquarium, Meridian's SCHEELS will include a wildlife mountain and Fuzziwig's Candy Factory - all inside the structure.

Meridian SCHEELS installed the final structural steel beam of the building on Thursday. The large beam is the highest point of the building, forming the tall peak over the store entrance.

Similar to other SCHEELS locations, the Meridian store will highlight interactive arcade games and sports simulators at the location, as well as access to the on-site restaurant, Ginna's Cafe.

The SCHEELS announcement said that shoppers can expect a full day of shopping and entertainment, for both children and adults.

The store brands itself as being home to entertainment attractions, specialty shops and boutiques showcasing premium products and top brands - with more than one million pieces of inventory.

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Boomers aren’t gonna like it.

They carry soccer balls and golf clubs….

I’ve been to one, the DFW location.

Spent a few hours in there. I liked it.

The cafe had good food, to boot.

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
That sounds way more fancier than the one in Appleton, WI. Ours is a part of the Fox River Mall, though. I suspect they did away with a few features because of this.

M
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by BigDave39355

Why would Boomers not like it?

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
They're nice.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Moto_Vita

Last Scheels thread, they bitched that the store has more than just old guys with tobacco and coffee stained beards taking about guns…

That it caters to to a larger audience than Diamond Jim’s Gun and Pawn and Used Tire Emporium…

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Sounds like the one in Reno.

They had a full size NASCAR simulator that was pretty fun …

Last edited by Slowtrollr; 05/19/23.
V
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
V
bigdave39353: YOU are WRONG!
I am a "boomer" (and VERY proud of it!) and I like the several Scheels stores in Montana and other states that I have frequented!
I have bought many items from them over the decades for myself and for my VarmintKids and VarmintGrandKids - their "prices" are not anything to brag about (usually very high!) but they have great inventories.
Long live Scheels (and BOOMERS!).
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

M
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
M

Last Scheels thread, they bitched that the store has more than just old guys with tobacco and coffee stained beards taking about guns…

That it caters to to a larger audience than Diamond Jim’s Gun and Pawn and Used Tire Emporium…
I assume you aren't a "Boomer". If you were you'd know that we grew up buying guns from department, hardware, and drug, stores.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Big Dave is still throwing a tantrum because Toys R Us stores are gone. Those were in his age bracket.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
bigdave39353: YOU are WRONG!

ditto. as boomers, we used to buy guns from sears and wards, even penney's. as most boomers do, i have half a dozen grandchildren and scheels in colorado is a family favorite. their aquaria are amazing. their selections amazing, and their christmas toy selection is wonderful..

who will hate scheels are the hateful creatures that resent others having fun...

prices are really good on special school branded goods.

some questions of china imports...

"Never attribute to malice, that which can be adequately explained by ignorance or misunderstanding."
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I have to drive past three Sportsmans Warehouses and a Cabela's to get to our Salt Lake City Scheel's - and it is worthwhile to do so. Scheel's is that good.

(And there's a Duluth Trading Post right next door to it. Boy, can I drop some cash on a Scheel's run!)

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Never been in the semi local Scheels. A bud and cousin frequent it.

I choose to stay away from it mainly because of location and that many people and use a couple of gun shops or order online.

Supposedly they have a good selection of reloading supplies at all times.

The last time that bear ate a lawyer he had the runs for 33 days!
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
This is going into a big retail park/development just off of I-84.

If someone would only put a Sam's Club right next to it - geez, I'd have an orgasm just driving there... wink

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I'm not a "Boomer" either as I was born during the Depression and remember WW II, so am not sure what that makes me ... other than an astute, handsome, wonderful geezer.

But whatever, I'll go take a look. I always liked Ferris Wheels. grin

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Lincoln Nebraska

65 foot Ferris wheel inside the store

The Ferris wheel is down for maintenance 360 days per year. Ran on grand opening then broke.

16,000 gallon aquarium

It’s cool

Arcade games

On-site restaurant

Over priced, just like Cabelas in Omaha.

and more.

They got a special taxing authority from the city for 25 years +2-3% extra tax on already full retail to pay for their new store and parking garage which hasn’t been built yet after 7 years.

Swifty
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

He's still in diapers. Don't confound him with hard questions.

I and my boomer friends love the Reno/Sparks store. It's well stocked and has good employees.

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I think Dave is conflating Boomers with douche' bags. The latter are found in every generation in varying concentrations.

That said we gotta drive through SLC next month on the way to a rafting trip. Will stop by the one there on the way. Never been in one.

Last edited by Steve; 05/19/23.

Carpe' Scrotum
A
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
A
That “Boomer” moniker pisses me off every time I hear it. Usually out of some liberal, young, sh#t for brains idiot that ran out of debatable points. Makes me want to stomp a mud hole in them.

That off my chest, Scheels are a mix of outdoor stuff, but still usually have more guns & hunting stuff than any other big box outdoor store (hens Rocky’s point about driving past Sportsman’s & Cabelas).

I lobbied for our Mtn. Home business development to get the Scheels here. We’re halfway between Boise and Twin Falls. I couldn’t make them understand that 20 years ago, people planned road trips to Sidney, NE.

Cheers,
Bob

Bob
Enjoy life now -- it has an expiration date.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Slowtrollr
Sounds like the one in Reno.

They had a full size NASCAR simulator that was pretty fun …
There's one in Reno?

Might have to make the long drive, tie it in with a Costco trip as I usually just order from them online.

I'll have to look up where it's at, as I've never noticed the few times I've been there since moving here.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

547 members (10ring1, 06hunter59, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 160user, 1234, 60 invisible), 14,082 guests, and 1,129 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,278
Posts18,545,082
Members74,060
Most Online21,066
May 26th, 2024

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.