Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I'm pretty sure He wouldn't mind Mossberg Shotguns and Ruger 10/22s. Empty 2/3 of those 25 round BX mags into a threat then finish with pair of 00 buck that should settle the hash.

Bangflop! another skinning job due to .260 and proper shot placement.
GB1

W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
My congregation would be shocked to know the number of carrying members there are. That is why it is concealed carry. They don't need to know. I don't advertise as most don't nor should they.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by RHClark
Originally Posted by shootem
Originally Posted by RHClark
I always carry. Biggest worry is all the directions you can't shoot. Where to sit becomes interesting.

As bad as it may sound, if the situation requires gunfire there’s no downside. That’s the logic I follow when forgetting I’m armed and go into a gun free zone. If I present my weapon those around me will be glad I did. Make damn sure it’s worth it.

I get what you are saying but I still look at a situation like where to sit in church to give me the clearest shooting angle. That's just good sense if you are placing yourself in a guard position. Dude just starts spraying bullets at you as you are casually moving among others could be a different situation.

No argument there. I find myself gazing the audience of heads wondering if they’ll drop or rise at the sound and how that will affect my actions. I note the most likely entry points but more so the individuals already there. Church unfortunately will no longer be an escape into the Word for me. Too much has changed that many others do not accept.

“When Tyranny becomes Law, Rebellion becomes Duty”

Colossians 3:17 (New King James Version)
"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I just think of my 9mm as part of the armor of God.

Bangflop! another skinning job due to .260 and proper shot placement.
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Is there a tactical group that any of you would recommend for training church security? Just curious as this discussion has come up more than once lately. Our church fathers are an arrogant, ignorant lot at times and tough to come up with solutions. We are in the country and a prime target. Church has been robbed and vandalized before!

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
My Dad was a Deacon and always carried an 1911 during service.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by troublesome82
Is there a tactical group that any of you would recommend for training church security? Just curious as this discussion has come up more than once lately. Our church fathers are an arrogant, ignorant lot at times and tough to come up with solutions. We are in the country and a prime target. Church has been robbed and vandalized before!

Maybe a sheriff? Our sheriff is a Christian and gives concealed carry classes and would be more than happy to come to our church if we needed advice.

“No one in hell can ever say I went to Christ and He rejected me.

C.H. Spurgeon
S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
S
An argument against open training I have heard directly is with regard to liability. Seems insurers don’t like the sound of a trained and armed security force in a church. Don’t ask don’t tell arrangement was suggested but never said and I never heard anything.

“When Tyranny becomes Law, Rebellion becomes Duty”

Colossians 3:17 (New King James Version)
"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by Jahrs

Maybe a sheriff? Our sheriff is a Christian and gives concealed carry classes and would be more than happy to come to our church if we needed advice.

I believe the local leo's need to be first and foremost, but some of these country churches are quite a ways off the urban grid, and while a call to 911 is paramount , initially, churches provide a whole bunch of soft targets in one area, right freaking now! Where as a school scenario is multiple areas of soft targets.

K
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
K

http://events.r20.constantcontact.com/register/event?oeidk=a07ejlksn3ice449a46&llr=econctzab

IC B3

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
We’re somewhat fortunate. Several of our second worst POTUS’s Secret Service detail attend our local church. What a blessing having them around! I’d say they’re well trained, in addition to us rednecks that are always carrying.

You only live once, but...if you do it right, once is enough.
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Better late than never.

Life is good live it while you can.
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by Godogs57
Several of our second worst POTUS’s Secret Service detail attend our local church.

I'd be worried about lightning striking it.

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Las I heard a coworker was part of an "organized" church security group.

NOTHING showing outward, but they keep up with what is going on in the building.

Some spelling errors can be corrected by a vowel movement.
~ MOLON LABE ~
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by kenacp

http://events.r20.constantcontact.com/register/event?oeidk=a07ejlksn3ice449a46&llr=econctzab

Thanks for that!

W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
I sit in the Narthex for much of our service as well. I also do three or four checks of the entire property, checking entrances and parking areas. We have a small but dedicated security team. I have a small arsenal in the truck if some pos wants to get real.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Look for John Lovell's 12 part church security video series on utube. There is some good information in there and will give you a nice foundation to build from.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by MOGC

Look for John Lovell's 12 part church security video series on utube. There is some good information in there and will give you a nice foundation to build from.

Thanks, MOGC!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
One deacon sits in the vestibule. A couple other guys are always armed, as is
the preacher. This is known by all members and frequent attendees. Exactly who the armed one are beside the outside guy and the preacher are not well known. For sure.

Then there are some unknowns. We always sit as farback as possible on the right as you come in. Unfortunately, this all started when my sisters marriage fell apart. In light of events, it's stayed on as policy.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck
What is a narthex?

Googled it.

A narthex is a space in a church between the main body of the building and the entrance. It is sometimes called a vestibule or foyer. The word "narthex" is Greek for "inner room.". The narthex is used for worship services, but it also functions as a gathering place for parishioners before services begin.

Illegitimi non carborundum

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

587 members (12344mag, 007FJ, 1lessdog, 1badf350, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugeman, 64 invisible), 2,476 guests, and 1,353 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,930
Posts18,518,934
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.