Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
I finished my Canadian groups two weeks ago, helped get a couple of the fly in camp operators shut down.
It was a great summer, nice lakers, literally tons of walleyes, good pike but only two jumbos over 50” which is well below normal. Next year.

Everyone had fun, schedule filling up for next year. I do hope far northwestern Ontario and northeastern Manitoba and the tributaries that feed them have a wet fall, snowy winter, and wet spring. The water levels were at crazy lows.

Going to take a few folks for musky this next half week before the weather turns then pack away the boats. I’m already getting set to head out to Montana to enjoy the mule deer and elk, season for rifle opens Saturday already not counting the youth season tomorrow.

Great thread seeing what all you other guys have been up to. Thanks for the free trip ticket.

Osky

A woman's heart is the hardest rock the Almighty has put on this earth and I can find no sign on it.
GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Awesome Mate, glad we treated you right & you & your clients had a good season !

In our 17 years in Canada, I have never know the walleye, to continuously hit as hard as they did this season.

Very few missed fish, due to short striking tail grabbers.

Hear you on the water levels, big time !

And a big thank you, to all of you, for joining in, this was always meant to be a sharing & caring thread.

Will start a hardwater thread, sometime around mid December !

See you there.

Stay safe Fellas !

Paul.

"Kids who grow up hunting, fishing & trapping, do not mug little old Ladies"
O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
99s… if you ever make up a little cook book regarding what you can do with Walleye if be the first in line for it.
Granted I have limited resources around the remote shore lunches and impatient groups that want to get back on the water, some of those you post would be certainly doable. I’d greatly enjoy the culinary diversion after 50 plus years of pretty much the same old same old around those campfires.

Osky

A woman's heart is the hardest rock the Almighty has put on this earth and I can find no sign on it.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
on Wednesday, I was going on a two day fishing trip, today and tomorrow. On Thursday I was going on a one day trip, tomorrow. Today, there is no trip. One of my buddies had something come up and then that something got postponed until tomorrow. Idk what it was, but I hope he enjoyed himself. I will probably go Sunday as tomorrow I am busy. Ended up in a tree today, watching a squirrel and listening to specklebellies fly over. I like bad weather better as I get the place to myself. Sposed to be too nice on Sunday.

Last edited by 19352012; 10/20/23.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I went today. Some folks were in my spot. They were catching fish and keeping them so I'm glad they took my spot rather than I take their spot. Caught lots of bluegills and a few crappies. If a guy wanted to keep a sack of fish, he sure could have because some of the bluegills were 9". I usually catch a lot of predator fish when I'm in my usual spot. I caught 3 bullheads, which brings my total of bullheads this year to 3. I didn't keep anything. I don't mind cleaning fish but I don't mind not cleaning fish, either.

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Cheers Boys !!

Was in Quebec City, for a long weekend, meeting American friends, whose cruise finished there.

Great food, wine & company, in a truly beautiful, old City !

Paul.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I made it out for some hot bluegill action. The bait shop was closed even though the sign on the door said 7 and FB said 7, it was 8 before it opened. I just lopped a piece off a curly grub and used that to great effect. It was a beautiful morning.
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I got out again yesterday. It was 55 and sunny so was pretty decent, a little breezy though. Still chasing panfish but the bigger fish are moving in, I caught some bass and one guy had a 30" pike on that broke off. With the forecast in the 60s, I might be going for some time yet.

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Nice picture, I love calm water in the morning.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
That was last week. Yesterday would have sunk the Edmund Fitzgerald again.

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
LOL

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I went after stocked rainbows in South Dakota the last couple days. They aren't real challenging but it's something different for a change, and they pull pretty hard.

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Looks football fat, Jason !

Paul.

E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Originally Posted by 19352012
I went after stocked rainbows in South Dakota the last couple days. They aren't real challenging but it's something different for a change, and they pull pretty hard.

That’s a nice fish! SD is my favorite state…

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Went and got a couple more today. The others tasted great on the grill, so I'm excited about these. They fight really hard and they are pretty. I still have my grandfather's trout knocker somewhere, I should start taking that with me. It's probably 70 years old.

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Super cool Jason !!

Paul.

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Still getting a couple of these. They are getting sluggish.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
That's a pretty nice kittykat. I don't catch very many catfish. I can only think of about 4 I caught this year and those were all one day in the Missouri River reservoir at Yankton SD. You never know what you are going to catch at Yankton. Except largemouth or muskie, I've never caught those there.

I went fishing yesterday in a community spot with lots of other guys around and nice docks to fish from. I was catching bluegills and crappies, then a muskie bit and pulled around for a minute until the line hit a tooth. I didn't have another jig on me, so I talked to a couple fellas for awhile and then went trout fishing in a pond in Iowa where they stock them. I think I'll go Sunday since our sanctuary at church is being worked on and then that might be it, because it's getting colder and I get busy the next 3 weeks. I didn't make it out that much this year, compared to other years. Buddies were busy and weather stunk on the weekends. I got a lot of years left, Lord willing.

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Lots of trout stocking going on here to for the winter. But i really don’t go after them and if I did go for trout it would be for steelhead or brown out of Lake Erie or Ontario very nice trophy trout can be caught. Then I’ll fish for golden rainbows in spring when stocked then to Muskie. Carps and cats in summers.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I went again today probably for the last time, if the forecast holds. I was road hunting for pheasants, then caught some bluegills, then went after trout. A fun day to end the fishing. Now I have to get serious about hunting.

Last edited by 19352012; 11/19/23.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

596 members (222Sako, 1minute, 204guy, 10gaugeman, 1lessdog, 24HourCampFireGuy50, 63 invisible), 2,252 guests, and 1,325 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,694
Posts18,494,150
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.